1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I have to say, I prefer shop-keeper Ailsa to Diner-owner Ailsa. She lost that "centre of the community" vibe.

However when Alf eventually gets his supermarket/general store things improve for him. Shame we have to lose Celia though

:(

Anyway, that's ages away. Back to topic in hand. I forgot how good this Samuels storyline is.

Sometimes I think the numbers begin to play with your head.

When uploading the summaries to the site I'd do 50 episodes in a night and think I'd done well, and then I'd remember that was 1% of all episode aired, I still had to do that again another 50 times.

I look at certain characters and think we're over halfway through their stints or so, and then I think, well that's actually next March, but then in the same time, when news of these episodes first broke around this time last year, did we ever think that we'd get to the stage where we'd have seen the whole year and it seems so long since say Sandra left and she is slowly going back to being a forgotten character of the show, rarely mentioned again.

Don't mess with the good folk of Summer Bay - they'll turf you off a cliff! :lol:

Apart from Alf who spent his entire 30 second apperance (in yesterday's episode) fishing and witnessing cocky Gary Samuels (or should that be Scott Robinson *1) doing a what looks like a very stupid fall off the cliff.

Also scene count and I think the 1988 workaholic is decided.

Bobby 759

Frank 660

Carly 646

Tom 627

Pippa 617

Steven 519

Lance 442

Lynn 441

Ailsa 435

Alf 423

Roo 411

Martin 405

Floss 325

Celia 319

Fisher 307

Sally 294

Neville 291

Matt 100

Longest episode streaks are Bobby (17 episodes) followed by Narelle (15 episodes)

I'd heard rumours about a dummy (not Nico) being involved in these re-creations. That Philip/Gary confrontation was absolutely brilliant and a sign of a show that isn't taking itself too seriously.

It is clearly obvious that the thing that Phillip Matheson was spinning round and round and threw off the cliff in the re-creation is a dummy (and a pretty lame one at that).

Archived