1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'd heard rumours about a dummy (not Nico) being involved in these re-creations. That Philip/Gary confrontation was absolutely brilliant and a sign of a show that isn't taking itself too seriously.

It is clearly obvious that the thing that Phillip Matheson was spinning round and round and threw off the cliff in the re-creation is a dummy (and a pretty lame one at that).

REALLY???? Unbelievable! I'll have to watch the scene again!

Didn't particularly enjoy todays episode (214), it just felt a bit flat, almost as if it was winding down towards the end of the season. I believe that's the final appearance of Alyce. All that longing Steven had for her, she goes to Alan's party with him and then the story sort of disappears like this. I'd like to blame the producers of Neighbours, but that's 18 months off and where she gets together with a character whose name is scarily similiar to the name of the actor who played Steven.

Yeah, so not the most exciting episode.

Yeah, it's quite strange to think we've got just 12 episodes left now of the year, especially when it's a year you thought might have been "lost" forever and now a lot of us now have complete.

Better episode today, though the crime seems to have been closed pretty quickly it feels. There still however feels a slight lack of urgency currently though.

I wonder who the mystery guest is! (Actually I know, but I'll wait till Monday).

So, that's goodbye to the Samuels now and Alex Petersons dodgy acting, I have to say that whole crime business was wrapped up very quickly.

I have to say I'm with Sally more than the rest on the song. It's sang badly, but it's certainly better than the dirges Frank wrote.

Can't believe there's only two weeks left of the season.

Archived