1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

How awesome was Episode 219! I was literally clapping, cheering, laughing buckets and a little teary eyed at the end. It was a really nice ending.

I realised that the guy taking Carly to the date had to be Matt. I mean who else likes her enough to do that - lol. The curiosity nearly killed me though to see if i was right.

Roo is obviously stalling, she doesn't think this new guy will be accepted by Alf because of his culture (I read it somewhere that this new boyfriend is chinese).

To be honest this just says a whole lot about her. If she really liked this guy then it wouldn't matter where he comes from. She's just so frikken secretive. It's annoying.

How awesome was Episode 219! I was literally clapping, cheering, laughing buckets and a little teary eyed at the end. It was a really nice ending.

I realised that the guy taking Carly to the date had to be Matt. I mean who else likes her enough to do that - lol. The curiosity nearly killed me though to see if i was right.

Roo is obviously stalling, she doesn't think this new guy will be accepted by Alf because of his culture (I read it somewhere that this new boyfriend is chinese).

To be honest this just says a whole lot about her. If she really liked this guy then it wouldn't matter where he comes from. She's just so frikken secretive. It's annoying.

I think to be fair to Roo here, her motives are completely different to those that she had throughout the rest of the season. I don't quite know whether to say it's selfless, but they're definitely not selfish such as the deceit and dirty tricks she played throughout the season.

As it happens, her concerns about introducing her boyfriend to Alf are well founded, and whilst it's very well to say that these things shouldn't matter, life is not as simple as that.

If I am correct, Matt is now here for the next 700 episodes, where we still can't remember a single storyline he is involved in. Bizarrely with his premature apppearnance on the credits earlier this year, it's mid-1990 by the time he gets back on them.

Oh, and it did have the completely and utterly bizarre appearance of Floss and Neville at the school prom. At least though, there was a reason for them being there, unlike in later years when the entire town seemed to go along to them.

Couldn't agree more! I really wish the current show had this 'feel' to it! My favorite moments have to be when Alison said 'Let me rearrange my face' and Lance put his fist up and as a dope said 'I'll do it' Lol Then Alan and Bobby getting their prizes. Also Floss and Nev dancing in the background.

So, just one single week and the ultra-dramatic end of year cliffhanger will have us on the edge of our seats over the weekend.

I have to say since the very quick resolution of the Gary Samuels arc, I just can't get away from the end of term feel. I would take it as this moment they knew the show was getting renewed into 1989, but there is just the feeling that there is very little going on at the moment compared to the breathless energy of the 100-200 episode block.

Archived