TV Quotes

Guest -Kevin-

Well, I could think of worse ways to spend a day :P

Another one I loved. Coz I just love the scene so much.

JP sat at the skate park after Myra found out he and Craig slept together. Post-Kieron's death.

Craig: I know you're hurting, but I wanna try and help.

JP: I don't wanna be with you anymore .

Craig: Please...

JP: How can I, eh? Kieron took his own life because of you and me...

Craig: No.. he.... it's not our fault. You never told him..... (That he and Craig were back together.)

JP: It is my fault. It is. And I'm gonna feel like this forever.

Craig: I'll wait as long as it takes (Gah, the new Craig is so cute!).

JP: It's over, Craig....

Craig: No...

JP: It has to be.

Craig: No..... it can't be.....

Much as I don't like the scene, becuase they're not toegther. it was still a great scene that was played to perfection.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John-Paul and Craig? STILL?

Geeez. :P

Okay, I've decided to do this properly.. :P

FRIENDS

Chandler: The Bings have horrible marriages. They yell. They fight. And they use the pool boy as a pawn in their sexual games.

Ross: Chandler, have you ever put on a black cocktail dress and asked me up to your hotel room?

Chandler: No.

Ross: Then you are neither of your parents.

Monica: Oh my god. How cute is the new eye doctor?

Rachel: So cute I'm thinking about jamming this pen in my eye.

Urgh.. there are so many more.... I've just watched two flipping episodes and there were loads that I've forgotten. :P

THE OFFICE US

Dwight Schrute: Someone forged medical information, and that's a felony.

Jim Halpert: OK, Whoa, all right 'cause that's a pretty intense accusation. How do you know that they're fake?

Dwight Schrute: [reading from a sheet] Uh, Leprosy, Flesh Eating Bacteria, Hot Dog Fingers, Government Created Killer Nano Robot Infection.

Jim Halpert: Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train.

Dwight Schrute: Dammit, he put my stapler in jello again!

[Points to Michael]

Dwight Schrute: You can be a witness to this.

Jim Halpert: [eating jello] How do you know it was me?

Jim Halpert: Last night on "Trading Spouses," there's... did you see it?

Pam Beesley: No, I have a life.

Jim Halpert: Interesting, what's that like?

Pam Beesley: You should try it some time.

Jim Halpert: Wow. But then who would watch my TV?

Dwight Schrute: Please knock, this is an office.

Jim Halpert: It

[pointing to sign]

Jim Halpert: says "work space".

Dwight Schrute: Same thing.

Jim Halpert: If it's the same thing, then why'd you write "work space"?

Dwight Schrute: Through concentration, I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will.

Pam Beesley: Why would you wanna raise your cholesterol?

Dwight Schrute: So I can lower it.

Jim Halpert: Hey, uh, can I talk to you about something?

Pam Beesley: About when you want to give me more of your money?

Jim Halpert: No, I...

Pam Beesley: Did you want to do that now? We can go inside. I'm feeling kind of good tonight.

Jim Halpert: I was just... I am in love with you.

Pam Beesley: [No longer smiling] What?

Jim Halpert: I'm really sorry if that's weird for you to hear, but I needed you to hear it. Probably not good timing. I know that, I just...

Pam Beesley: [stunned] What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?

Jim Halpert: I just needed you to know. Once.

Pam Beesley: Well, I... I can't...

Jim Halpert: Yeah...

Pam Beesley: You have no idea...

Jim Halpert: Don't do that...

Pam Beesley: ...what your friendship means to me.

Jim Halpert: C'mon. I don't want to do that. I want to be more than that.

Pam Beesley: I can't.

[a small tear runs down Jim's face]

Pam Beesley: I'm really sorry... if you misinterpreted things. It's probably my fault.

Jim Halpert: [Trying to recover] Not your fault. I'm sorry I misinterpreted our friendship.

Michael Scott: That's what she said.

(Said in any context :P)

I thought of another Desperate Housewives one. One of my favourite scenes, it's from episodes 4x8 I think, when Andrew has moved out.

Bree: Andrew, I understand you're angry with me about what I said but, I do have a good reason for wanting to raise Benjamin differently. Let's be honest, you put me through hell.

Andrew: You're right. I know I did. But that's why I'm mad, because I changed and you never noticed. I got a job, a car, my own health insurance. I've turned things around.

Bree: Well, I know that.

Andrew: Then why haven't you said anything?

(pause)

Andrew: It's because you've been so focused on your new husband and baby.

Bree: Andrew...

Andrew: Mom, it's okay. I know you got a new life. I think it's time I did too.

Bree: I just don't want us to part on bad terms again, like we did two years ago.

Andrew: You mean when you left me on the side of that road?

(pause)

Andrew: Mom, I was spinning out of control. You forced me to grow up. If I haven't said it before… Thank you.

Bree: You forgive me?

Andrew: I forgave you a long time ago. You just never noticed.

(pause)

Andrew: And Mom? Would you mind using a coaster?

Bree: Now I'm gonna cry!

In addition I have to say that pretty much everything that comes out of Andrew's mouth makes me laugh :P

And I though of a few Friends ones as well

"You're like Santa, on prozac, in Disneyland, getting laid!"

- Phoebe

Chandler (About his dad): He slept with Mr. Geribaldi.

Monica: Who's Mr. Geribaldi?

Chandler: Does it matter?!

And I could just keep on quoting entire season 9 btw. Especially the scenes where Ross and Mike are trying to get to know each other :lol:

I thought of another Desperate Housewives one. One of my favourite scenes, it's from episodes 4x8 I think, when Andrew has moved out.

Bree: Andrew, I understand you're angry with me about what I said but, I do have a good reason for wanting to raise Benjamin differently. Let's be honest, you put me through hell.

Andrew: You're right. I know I did. But that's why I'm mad, because I changed and you never noticed. I got a job, a car, my own health insurance. I've turned things around.

Bree: Well, I know that.

Andrew: Then why haven't you said anything?

(pause)

Andrew: It's because you've been so focused on your new husband and baby.

Bree: Andrew...

Andrew: Mom, it's okay. I know you got a new life. I think it's time I did too.

Bree: I just don't want us to part on bad terms again, like we did two years ago.

Andrew: You mean when you left me on the side of that road?

(pause)

Andrew: Mom, I was spinning out of control. You forced me to grow up. If I haven't said it before… Thank you.

Bree: You forgive me?

Andrew: I forgave you a long time ago. You just never noticed.

(pause)

Andrew: And Mom? Would you mind using a coaster?

Bree: Now I'm gonna cry!

In addition I have to say that pretty much everything that comes out of Andrew's mouth makes me laugh :P

I love Andrew !!

I remember that scene , it was very sad though :(

Desperate Housewives is fantastic for quotes !!

This ones funny from Desperate Housewives when they were voting whether Bob and Lee's fountain was to be taken down or not.

Lee : I just remind everybody that a vote for Katherine is a vote for fascism.

Ida: what is it with you gay people and clothes.

Lynette : fascism not fashion Ida

Bob:(says to Ida) If you ever want to talk fashion were here for you.

This one always makes me laugh though , when Bree is writing an e-mail to Julie pretending to be Danielle and is describing her school when she asks Andrew for help.

Bree: Andrew , do young people say awesome ?

Andrew : Not so much , why don't you try 'off the hook'

Bree: off the hook , that doesn't even make sense

Andrew: fine ,type in groovy see if I care

*Phone rings*

Bree: Hello , Hodge residence

Bree: Oh hi Danielle listen I am sending Julie Mayer an e-mail from you , now would you say that your school was quote off the hook unquote

Danielle: uh no , I would say it was sucky or crappyor a freakin' nightmare

Bree: Look if your going to start complaining im going to hang up

Danielle: Mom you have got to talk to the nuns, they are so harsh with me and they have these stupid rules

Bree: well perhaps if some of those rules had been in place when you took up with Edie's nephew you might not be in this little pickle

Danielle: Mom please I just wana come home

Bree: Look I am going to say this one last time , you are going to stay put until that baby is born.

Bree: Now dont forget we're driving up this weekend and I am bringing your favourite lemon squares and.... *Danielle slams down the phone*

^^ That scene makes me laugh every single time :lol:

I have more Desperate Housewives quotes :P This time voiceovers. DH really have some of the best voiceovers IMO!

Mary Alice: "This is the street where I used to live and these were the people with whom I shared my life. I met them the day they moved in. And I saw what they brought with them. Beautiful dreams for the future. And quiet hopes for a better life. Not just for themselves, but for their children, too. If I could, would I tell them what lies ahead? Would I warn them of the sorrow and betrayal that lie in store? No. From where I stand now, I see enough of the road to understand how it must be traveled. The trip is to keep moving forward, to let go of the fear and the regret that slow us down and keep us from enjoying a journey that will be over too soon. Yes, there will be unexpected bends in the road, shocking surprises we didn't see coming, but that's really the point. Don't you think?"

Mary Alice: "There is a prayer intended to give strength to people faced with circumstances they don’t want to accept. The power of the prayer comes from it's insight into human nature. Because so many of us rage against the hand that life has dealt us. Because so many of us are cowardly. And afraid to stand up for what is right. Because so many of us give into despair when faced with an impossible choice. The good news for those who utter these words is that God will hear you and answer your prayer. The bad news is that sometimes the answer is no."

Mary Alice: "Every storm brings with it hope that somehow by morning, everything will be made clean again. And even the most troubling stains will have disappeared. Like the doubts over his innocence or the consequence of his mistake. Like the scars of his betrayal or the memory of his kiss. So we wait for the storm to pass hoping for the best even though we know in our hearts some stains are so indelible, nothing can wash them away."

Mary Alice: "Human beings are designed for many things. Loneliness isn't one of them."

Mary Alice: "Trust is a fragile thing. Once earned, it affords us tremendous freedom. But once trust is lost, it can be impossible to recover. Of course the truth is, we never know who we can trust. Those we're closest to can betray us, and total strangers can come to our rescue. In the end, most people decide to trust only themselves. It really is the simplest way to keep from getting burned."

I have a few from Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (S4 Ep1)

Kathy [presenting an award after failing to win Best Producer] - "I just lost my category to "Planet Earth". 'We're so ****ing self-righteous, oh lets film a squid in slow motion for 5 years.' What the ****?! Such bull****!"

And then later in the same presentation when she's talking about Paula Abdul missing some of the American Idol shows - "[Ryan] Seacrest was all 'Paula couldn't make it, her plane was late', you know what I mean, her "plane" Vicodin?" :lol:

They probably aren't funny unless you've seen a few of Kathy's shows, but I think she's an absolute gem. :wub:

I have more Desperate Housewives quotes :P This time voiceovers. DH really have some of the best voiceovers IMO!

Mary Alice: "There is a prayer intended to give strength to people faced with circumstances they don’t want to accept. The power of the prayer comes from it's insight into human nature. Because so many of us rage against the hand that life has dealt us. Because so many of us are cowardly. And afraid to stand up for what is right. Because so many of us give into despair when faced with an impossible choice. The good news for those who utter these words is that God will hear you and answer your prayer. The bad news is that sometimes the answer is no."

The end of that episode was heartbreaking when baby Lily was taken away from Gaby :(

I definitely agree that DH has the best voiceovers.

Heres some more :P

Mary Alice :Family, there is nothing more important. They're the ones who show up when we're in trouble... the ones who push us to succeed... the ones who help keep our secrets. But what of those who have no family to rely on? What happens to those poor souls...who have no loved ones to help them in their hour of need? Well... most learn to walk life's road by themselves. But a sad few of us...simply...stop trying.

Mary Alice :From the moment we wake up in the morning till our head hits the pillow at night our lives are filled with questions.... but some questions are much harder to ask because we're so afraid of the answer. Will I be around to watch my children grow up? Am I making a mistake by marrying this man? Could he ever truly love me? And what happens when we ask ourself the hard question and get the answer we'd been hoping for? Well, that's when happiness begins.

Mary Alice :Anyone can end up a victim, injured by the actions of others, but whether the damage is inflicted by a cunning ex-wife or a blow delivered by the object of our affection the time comes when we must pick ourselves up and continue on our journey and if we cant then all we can pray for is rescue.

Mary Alice : It goes by so quickly , in a flash the life we knew is gone forever and we're left to ask ourselves , how could he have left me , when did my beauty start to fade, why has my friend changed, was I the best mother I could have been , of course there are some people who understand how quickly time passes thats why there so determined to get what they want before its too late

Mary Alice : Have you met the perfect couple , the 2 soulmates whose love never dies , the 2 lovers whose relationship is never threatened , the husband and wife who trust each other completely , if you haven't met the perfect couple let me introduce you, they stand atop a layer of buttercream frosting , the secret of their success.. Well for starters they don't have to look at each other.

Mary Alice : We all carry something with us , of course its nice if we travel with someone who can help lighten the load , but usually its easier to drop what we've been carrying so we can get home that much sooner , assuming of course there will be someone there to greet us when we arrive . Why do we clutch at this baggage even when were desperate to move on , because we all know theres a chance we might let go too soon.

Mary Alice : It was supposed to be a beautiful day but then the winds came and changed everything. and not just the houses and the lawns , the people had changed too. While the storm had raged , each of them had learnt something.About friendship , forgiveness and redemption and some had learnt the hardest lesson of all that life is always fragile and very often unfair.

I went a bit overboard but there is just so many fantastic voiceovers , particularly at the end . Almost every episode ends with a fantastic voiceover spoken by Mary Alice.

DH really have some of the best voiceovers IMO!

You can say that again!

My favourite is probably the VO from Welcome to Kanagawa, the episode after the tornado.

Mary-Alice: Once the tornado had passed, it began. A man gave his coat to a stranger in need; a woman shared her food with those just passing by; a teenager reunited a dog with it's worried owner. These are the things that happen in the wake of any great disaster. People start to perform small acts of kindness. They do what they can to help, all the while knowing it won't be enough. [later] Yes, in the wake of a great tragedy, people do what they can to help, all the while knowing it won't be enough.

• 1 month later...

Archived