Brendan Austin - Kain O'Keeffe

^Never

There are three kinds of autism in different degrees which probably means there are all kind of sorts

Brendan is a hand full but he's still smart in his own way like when he sang 'hugo loves Martha' huh strange remark' from which planet is he' he feels something Xavier never would' with their disability they're probably better in something else

strange remarks are typical i think but not if you know them .. and love them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brendan is a awesome character. He had not yet appeared on my screens and he will appear on my screens on the 6th of May 2009 Wednesday.

I had been catching up with the Aussie episodes on youtube.com. I am so pleased with the Home and Away writers introducing a disabled person like Brendan to the show. I think Brendan is so cute and lovely. I can't help laughing at one episode on youtube.com when he ran around in the nude! :lol:

Brendan, you rock! :D It must be tough for Kain to get it right to play a disabled character.

It's awesome to see someone playing a character with Autism as it gives people a chance to understand how hard it is not only for the person with the disability, but it can be especially difficult for their families.

I have had Autism since the age of three and let me tell you it has been a very hard and interesting journey. It look me years to learn how to talk and communicate with others around me. People used to stare at me in public as many tend to see those with Autism as people who move our hands around and get angry all the time.

Luckily I have a mild form of Autism and can do most things on my own. I have learned how to control my flapping etc but sometimes I do it when I'm expressing myself i.e. being happy, getting upset.

Like most autistic people, I can't stop talking about one topic, which is Australian Television/History. I find it hard at times to talk to people about their lives but it has been better for me now these days.

I have done amazing things over the years. From taking part in my local council's youth advisory committee to doing courses at TAFE, I hope to show those who didn't like me that I can do anything they can. All you need to do is to stay positive and take one step at a time.

Keep up the good work Kain as you are doing a superb job mate!!! :)

I think he's amazing as a parent of three autistic kids, i don't think he's over played at all, it's like been in my house only my kids are younger

the Brothers reaction to him are great, Xavier can come and live in my house, the way he is acting out his love for Brendan ic totally believable while Hugo just does not have a natural way of being able to handle him at all

Does anyone kow when Brendan is going to leave? After today I don't think I can bear anymore scenes with him and Hugo, utterly detestable characters with no redeeming features.

The Austins make the Sutherlands look like the best thing since sliced bread.

• 3 weeks later...

No offence

although Kain did an excellent job of portraying an austic character, Brendan gave me a bit of a headache

It was definately an interesting storyline and it will be good to see Brendan in the future

Whilst I thought Kain did a superb job, I don't think Brendan was sustainable as a full-time character.If they'd brought in a character like Mikey or Bill(for viewers with really long memories...), who was obviously mentally handicapped but could still go to school or hold down a job or handle himself in a normal social situation, it would have been interesting to keep a character like that around.But while I'm not saying people like that don't exist, it was difficult to involve Brendan in storylines and a lot of the time he was just sat in the corner while people talked as if he wasn't there.Having said that, it would be interesting if they brought him back for the occasional guest stint.