Brendan Austin - Kain O'Keeffe

What do you think of the character of Brendan Austin? Do you think it was a good idea to bring a disabled character in, do you think it's been a failed attempt, or do you think something else?

Post your thoughts.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the episodes, but I've heard mentions from Hugo and Xavier abour Brendan, so I'm glad they incoperated him in as a character. I can't wait to see these episodes on slow old Irish screens - I think it's a good idea to bring in a character with disabilities as it could bring out a lot of storylines - lets just hope they handle it well and don't throw away opportunity.

Edited by Cerise
unless "through" and "throw" are of the same meaning, I can not spell.

I watched this episode earlier, and I think its pretty interesting, to see disabled character in H&A, cause as far as I am concerned there haven't been any. It's pretty hard to act disabled and I think he did very good job, and I see Brendan as very interesting character.

Brendan and Xavier look adorable together :wink:. It seems like Xavier really cares about him. I'm really excited about what is going to happen.

Edited by Freya-

I really enjoyed the scenes with Brendan today and how the whole family seemed to light up around him. Brendan is really sweet and I think the actor has done an amazing job, it must be very challenging to play a disabled character and to make it realistic and I think he's succeeded. I really admire H&A for bringing in a disabled character.

I think its great that they have introduced a disabled character. Brendan did annoy me a bit and I reckon he will annoy me more as I see more of him. He's a bit in your face and I know that is because of his disability but thats just how I feel. But Kain O'Keefe did an amazing job.

Edited by homeandawayxoxo

I watched this episode earlier, and I think its pretty interesting, to see disabled character in H&A, cause as far as I am concerned there haven't been any.

Yeah. there was Mickey, like 2002 or 2003 no exactly sure, but I remember he was there throughout the whole Angie era because of that incident in class :lol: Mickey was a great character. And so is Brendan. I've been seriously looking forward to his entrance, the show in my mind is on low speed and it needed something to give it that boost. I think Kain is doing a great job portraying a character like that, but IMO he's overplaying the character just by that little bit. Like, when Mickey was on the show, from memory he wasn't that "in your face" as Brendan seems to be, but however, all disabled people act differently.

He's a great addition to the show at the moment. Looking forward to more appearances from him!

I like him.As others have said he might be a little overplayed but i think Kain's doing a pretty good job so far and i'd rather he was a litttle overplayed then underplayed.As Drew said, everyone's different.It depends on the disability to.That he's been rather sheltered so far might be a factor to.Being in SB might calm him down a bit.

I love his relationship with Xavier to.I don't like that Xavier's to ashamed to introduce him to his friends but hopefully that'll change.