Brendan Austin - Kain O'Keeffe

Yeah, I think many disabilities are only workable for a short period of time. Brendan was entertaining, but begins to grate and of course Roman, as soon as he was blind, they almost have to get back to finding a way to make him see again, because there's only so many times he can be attacked or have an accident and we're bored.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Brendan and thought, Kain did a brilliant job. It showed a completely different side to Xavier which was really nice to see.

While, I think it was a good storyline and well handled, I do agree that he wasn't really sustainable in the long term. I just hope he's not forgotten about in the future and we see appearances from him.

• 2 months later...

While, I think it was a good storyline and well handled, I do agree that he wasn't really sustainable in the long term. I just hope he's not forgotten about in the future and we see appearances from him.

Agreed! I liked Brendan, but I just dont think it would be possible to have him as a permenant character.

Hopefully we will get visits from him every now and then.

I really loved the relationship he had with Xavier. It acutally made me like Xavier more, seeing his caring side, and how good he was with Brendan.

Edited by Danni02

I like Brendan. It shows how a person with a disability can interact with the community. Some saying that they don't want Brendan as a full-time character because he has a disability and gets boring. Do they know any one who lives with some one who has a disability and tell them that they are boring. They live with that person 24/7. No one understands what it is like until they experience it them selves.

I love Brendan but i think it would be rather hard to have him as a regular because of the nature of his disability,which is what i think some people are saying,not that he's boring.If they wanted a regular disabled character maybe they could look at something like Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida.