Brendan Austin - Kain O'Keeffe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its great that they have introduced a disabled character. Brendan did annoy me a bit and I reckon he will annoy me more as I see more of him. He's a bit in your face and I know that is because of his disability but thats just how I feel. But Kain O'Keefe did an amazing job.

I think they've portrayed him as having stereotypical autism and it's a bit over done. Just my opinion though?

But I think Kain's a good actor :)

I have never seen autism so I don't know whether the portrayal is accurate, but certainly a great actor.

I still think Brendan has the look of a H&A character. He is still a beautiful, toned, fit lad - and the first young lad to bare his bum on screen! I'm not saying that if you're autistic you can't be gorge but it seems that you have to be beautiful just to live in Summer Bay unless ur a stereotypical nerd, biddy or wierdo!

I have never seen autism so I don't know whether the portrayal is accurate, but certainly a great actor.

I still think Brendan has the look of a H&A character. He is still a beautiful, toned, fit lad - and the first young lad to bare his bum on screen! I'm not saying that if you're autistic you can't be gorge but it seems that you have to be beautiful just to live in Summer Bay unless ur a stereotypical nerd, biddy or wierdo!

The thing that i dont like about him is i wanna see how he really acts

And yes that was the first butt on screen but u do see butt cracks time to time Geoff the most and im like pull up your pants buddy and my nan was like thats hot

I am so happy to see an autistic character weaved into the show - I am loving H&A's strong attempts to step up and include rarely seen, but real issues and characters into the show!

Brendan is such a great guy - he brightens the mood up in many scenes (and Kain is brilliant at portraying such a difficult character)!

I think they've portrayed him as having stereotypical autism and it's a bit over done. Just my opinion though?

But I think Kain's a good actor :)

But isn't autism autism though? People have certain features and characteristics which mean they have autism, otherwise they wouldn't be diagnosed with autism. Hope that makes sense :blink:

^^

No I understand :)

My Brother has autism and is 14 now. I just meant that there are so many different types of characteristics people with autism have and they have chosen the more obvious one.

I guess it's just because my brother is so different. He know's every swear word imaginable but is very irrational! :lol:

Hope I didn't offend anyone saying that though!

Edited by KaiyaBlake