Board Observations...

Guest Pierced Musie

I was aware of the problems on the site but then again I have been the victim and instigator of some of the fights and heavyhandness on the site and have been warned. I just want to say that if I have ever offended anyone then I sincerely apologise, I dont want to annoy people by saying that their opinion is wrong because I am a firm believer in having your own opinion.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know where to start my post really. I just want to agree with everything that everyone's said,which not only sounds incredibly lame,but it is! Hey,that's me,about as much depth as a contact lense! :rolleyes:

Anyway,I - along I'm more than sure - with everyone else have noticed the problems that have been raised and spoken about in this thread,especially in the Aus Disc. forum - somewhere actually that I really look forward to posting in each day - as my profile will testify! - So,I find it a real shame that such nastiness seems to go on.

I've never felt the need or really wanted to,'wade in' with my own meagre,useless opinion,because I know full well,and I do now too,that the Staff are working thier asses off to keep the peace.

Finally,I tend to post the episodes up each day,will do my darndest to continue to do so,it's berking hardwork sometimes and I've had a very few members in the past and one on the day thiey joined to ask when the episode was going to be up and also to upload another show too. I more than politely refused the request and those I couldn't or didn't know how to,I have probably annoyed nearly every member of staff about it!

For that I can only deeply apologise,but,the reason I've felt I can and the reason I guess for the last bit of my post is because I have the deepest and greatest respect for the site,the staff and a few members too,also knowing without exception that I've known that not one person has minded me asking them.

I would hope in the same way that I don't and never would mind,and why I count myself honoured enough to have been able to put those two words under my name at the end of every post.

It's great to see that a thread like this has been started and so insightfully posted in too - I can only hope it gets the attention of everyone here,because it should!! :)

2. I have an example from a few days ago that was in the rape thread, which has now been deleted (and rightfully so!). Someone posted that men don't mind being raped by women. Though this disgusted me I did not attack the poster but a few others did. Is this view wrong? To us yes, but to someone who is not educated in that side of rape then no it isn't. You say the view is disgusting but under no circumstance do you ever say that the poster is disgusting. A lot of members tend to forget that we have members on here that are just teenagers.

men don't mind being raped by women

That's just wrong. Whoever said that in the spoiler section is just disgusting....

I'm assuming that I've misread what you've posted otherwise I think you're statement is contrary to what was mentioned previously.

Anyway, Pierced Musie’s original post highlights one of the reasons why at times I don’t feel entirely comfortable posting in certain threads (particularly the character discussion ones) because I feel that I will offend certain people if I say something negative about their favourite characters. I do feel it is an impossible situation for the moderators as somebody said “Dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t” but they are doing a great job nevertheless. So I can only reiterate and agree with what's been said previously. Broken record.

men don't mind being raped by women

That's just wrong. Whoever said that in the spoiler section is just disgusting....

Umm.... Isn't that exactly what Musie was trying to get across with her post with that example though? That the problem is personal attacks because of opinions (since many people aren't educated about stuff like that and sometimes therefore has opinions based on irrational assumptions) instead of attacking and disagreeing with the opinion itself....?

Or did I miss some sarcasm here...?

Like Jack, I just want to say that I agree with what everyone has been saying and thanks to Pierced Musie for bringing this up. I'm really not very good with words so my post won't be that eloquent but I just wanted to voice my appreciation for the mods/admin. I didn't realise you guys think people are blaming you for all of this - or realise that people are if that's the case - I think you do a great job. I really hope this thread brings to people's attention the problem. I've only been a member a couple of years but even I have noticed a change in the discussion threads.

So what am I trying to say? Just that I agree with everyone and I appreciate the work done by the mods and, emmasi, I miss your posts! The aus discussion thread is my main interest here and it's not the same without your daily input. :D

Like Jack, I just want to say that I agree with what everyone has been saying and thanks to Pierced Musie for bringing this up. I'm really not very good with words so my post won't be that eloquent but I just wanted to voice my appreciation for the mods/admin. I didn't realise you guys think people are blaming you for all of this - or realise that people are if that's the case - I think you do a great job. I really hope this thread brings to people's attention the problem. I've only been a member a couple of years but even I have noticed a change in the discussion threads.

So what am I trying to say? Just that I agree with everyone and I appreciate the work done by the mods and, emmasi, I miss your posts! The aus discussion thread is my main interest here and it's not the same without your daily input. :D

I couldn't agree with you more,Hattie! :D

The last few days I have been reading the Emily Perry thread for fun and the first lot of pages were speculation about the return of Zoe. We had mild speculation, strong theories and even whacky theories (although mostsome of those were mine ^_^). I know that she did return but my point is that speculation and theories are good, but attacking others who don't share your ideas? Bad. And calling an Admin who has been so good to you lot by giving you tidbits and spoilers, a liar? Harsh!

This could also be said for people talking about Jack returning and then others jumping in saying "get over yourself " and "HES DEAD" , people already know this but its kinda in your face.

I only started this account a week ago, but I've been reading the board for a long time. I do think that the Aus Discussion forum needs more moderation, but as Skykat said, most of the mods are in the northern hemisphere and are watching the show at UK pace, or else they're just plain asleep when all this stuff is going down. Dean is the main mod in the Aus Forum, but he's only one person. I've been guilty of thinking that he should do more sometimes, but as has also been said, he has a life outside this forum and it's ridiculous to expect him to be on here 24/7 sorting out every little problem. Sorry Dean, I don't think I appreciate you enough!

I haven't made many posts, or with the passion I normally would, for fear of being smacked down, but I don't think any of us should be living in fear. Life is much too short for that.

Musie also mentioned Frankie, who was always active in Aus Discussion. It's a real shame that she's not here anymore, and I sometimes forget that so many things would be so much easier if she was. I miss her too.

If I had a dollar for every time my hand has itched to erase a couple of lines from a great post because a poster has made some really insightful comments but followed them with a quite hurtful comment about the poster I wouldn't have to worry so much abouth my retirement income!!

I'm not sure what power mods have but is it possible to just erase those hurtful, bullying parts of a post and warn the poster? This would leave their valuable contribution intact but get rid of the personal attack. Those who found that the bulk of their posts disappeared might get the message. I might be a bit facetious in saying that some posts might cease to exist. It would be a time consuming process and might result in some members leaving the board. We might be happy to lose them. However it would protect other members.

Some longer term members of the board might remember "the Doc" who was a constant source of trouble on the board. When people simply did not respond to his more outrageous attacks he soon became lonely and hasn't been seen on the board for some time now.

I suppose that some of us older and more thick skinned members need to step up and help the mods particularly in the Australian Discussion thread. I'm quite happy to cop abuse from abusive members if it helps other members to find recreation and interest in this board. After all during my 35 years running schools I've been abused by experts!!!

We can't afford to lose any more mods or posters of the quality of Emmasi.

Hopefully these horrible fires will come to an end and I will have more time to devote. Tell me how I can help!!

Archived