Board Observations...

Guest Pierced Musie

Exactly. If someone felt that Jem was breaking the rules, then they should report that to us using the report button, not reply to it. If she's not breaking any rules, then it's pretty obvious it's the problem is the people attacking her. And by all means, if you ever feel that Jem is bullying you, report it so that we can make sure it gets consequences for her. It's kinda hard to judge a situation when you're one of two opposed parts in that discussion, so that's what the report button is for. That's why it's not for those who do bully to decide what bullying is. If someone feels bullied, then a third party needs to look into the case and make a decision, and this is what will happen if you report an incident. If it breaks our rules and is indeed bullying, it will have consequences, no matter who we're talking about, trust me. It's not like we play favourites, I think everyone is aware that there has been cases of staff members breaking rules and causing trouble in the past as well, and that was dealt with, just like it is dealt with when it comes to any other member, former staff member or otherwise.

Great post BTW, Cal, think you hit the nail right on the head there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

completely agree Eli, like i said on my other post people come on here to make friends with others(well i did) not to be attacked/ bullied because of their opininon on a character, there is completely no need for it and if you think you can get away with it by creating a new user name then think again as im sure the moderaters can get your I.P address and block you, you don't need to bully someone just because their opinion is different to yours, im pretty sure you would get along with that person if you had a chat to them, i mean i have had chats with people who don't like JnM but i still get along with them. i think we should all keep an eye out for these people and do not let them do it to you, tell a moderator or an admin and they'll do something to help you!!

Sorry if im the only one who realises this but i wanted to have my say.

I just have to say that emmasi isnt the victom here so why should we be feeling sorry for her when shes the one who always starts the fights.She even has some members wanting to quit using bttb (sportzgal) and from other bttb members point of view she is very intimidating and we find when she posts she always starts the arguments when she doesn't get people to hate who she hates she starts becoming aggresive and a bully.

Im sure im not the only one who thinks this but the others may not want to post because she used to be a member of staff.The bttb members are the ones who are scared of her!

Good on you for having your say!! There is no way that we want to stop people having strong opinions about any aspect of the show. However if either Emmasi, yourself or anyone else start expressing strong opinions about the other members of the board because they express strong opinions which you don't like then we will do something about it.

Disagreeing with someone else's opinion is definitely not against the rules, abusing them because of their opinion is against the rules.

Has anyone considered that some characters are actually a part of the show to be disliked? Personally I really like the "baddies".

Very good point, John, one I've been a firm believer in for years. Not all characters can be nice, then it would all just be a bunch of people going around giving each other complements :P

Anyway, this issue is being heavily discussed by the staff, and we all agree that there needs to be a zero tolerance when it comes to personal attacks.

Personally I think the key to that goal is very simple; don't attack anyone, and if you see it happen, don't reply. Report it.

If only everyone did that (especially the "don't reply" part :P) I think the world would be a better place :P

Absolutely no trouble, thank you for making this topic. Sometimes it's good to have someone to kick us a little so that we wake up and start looking into problems like these :P

Sorry I dont mean to cause trouble here by saying this but please tell me if I've over stepped the mark but if Jem was breaking rules would she be treated like any other member , its just she is high up in this forum because she has been here for a while and she is close with nearly all the mods and she used be a mod didnt she!!

I just felt like I needed to say that !!

My apologies if I come across as rude or a troublemaker :)

I always think there's going to be more leniency shown towards more established members who has one occasion where they cause trouble over members who sign up and immediately start causing problems. That's not to say any member is infallible, I suppose apart from Chris, but ultimately there's going to be some sort of bias.

Exactly, Ryan. And again, like I said earlier, we have dealt with staff members previously because of similar and other, but just as serious problems. I think Ryan is making a very good point here, because if it's a matter of a one-off and it happens like once every five years, then it's clear it's more of a mistake than if someone who's been here for two weeks have gotten into five situations in those two weeks. That's pretty much basic math & logics, and has nothing to do with playing favourites. Rules are rules.

But I've never found her to be bullying and the only times she has "attacked" other posters is when she feels she has been attacked.

I think you make an excellent point, sometimes for me I feel like people are attacking me or my opinion, so I state my opinion and then the other person feels like I'm attacking them. I think there's a difference between bullying a person and stating your opinion.

Archived