Board Observations...

Guest Pierced Musie

I understand that, that's why I was trying to explain to you what we meant. Its just a case of thinking before you post sometimes, we're all guilty of it. I think my post in here the other day was a bit over emotional so even I'm guilty. :P Just maybe re-read what you've posted before you hit the 'add reply' button and make sure you're not attacking a person rather than their opinion. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I originally wasn't going to post anything in this thread, but after struggling to get to sleep last night I just kept thinking of this thread oddly enough.

All I can say is, the Australian epsiode discussion area does need to be temporarily closed, re organised, and the whole system of rules for all areas needs to be simplified.I for one avoid posting in the spoiler thread now as it's too confusing to know what is classed as SPAM on this forum.

-I'm am extremely relieved to hear that there will be a new moderator appointed to control the Australian episode discussion section because ever since Emmasi stepped down from her roles as librarian and mod for this area, there has been far too many fights, and general lack of respect for the other members who do post their opinions.

All I can say is a big THANK YOU to all the current and ex Staff who deal with us ratbags on a daily basis, we really do need to make your jobs much easier and pleasant :)

I just popped in ealier to to look at this thread, and didi'nt know what to say apart from ban the offendes if they don't take any notice from the moderaters, they should be banned from the sight

Until i read Slades post i did'nt realise untill then it would'nt be that easy.

I have popped into the Aus discussion to spoil just to see opnions on what's going on.. ive seen the bullying ect..

so i thought this best advice to members who are being persecuited.

Ingnorance can be bliss in the sence if you ingnore it they will leave you alone.

Try to take five and go back and look at the reply just think are they spoiling for a argument... if so ingore

I know it's not easy if they get personal but try to rise above that.. they love it if you dont .

At the end of the day we are talking about a show we love otherwise we would'nt be here.

And before anyone says i have being guilty in the sence of reacting to a post before ive thought.. getting personal no way. that's just pathetic i need a reaction vibe.

Okay as promised I have put some forum moderators in there. Jamey-Maria and john003au will be taking on emmasi's old role and helping us make sure that there's a visible moderator presence in that forum. I hope everyone will make them welcome and help them to do their jobs by reporting things. Thanks. :)

I agree with everything Musie said in her original post. I don't get why people come here to have a go at each other just because they don't agree with what they think.

It's nice to see that you've taken some action but the mods do an absolutely brillant job, anyway.

Oh, and PLEASE come back emmasi. I enjoy and miss your input.

Okay as promised I have put some forum moderators in there. Jamey-Maria and john003au will be taking on emmasi's old role and helping us make sure that there's a visible moderator presence in that forum. I hope everyone will make them welcome and help them to do their jobs by reporting things. Thanks. :)

Woohoo welcome Jamey-Maria and john003au. Have fun :D

hey, I came here just to have my say on this and you are 150% right, I bet all of us here now have our own opinion on a character on the show and we should be able to express our opinions without being scared

To in case someone 'attacks' you but I do think you should choose your right choice of words on that opinion and do not forget, if someone says something to you that you find offensive, please report it! We have mods here who I am completely sure will be willing to help. And one thing we should all know, we are all fans of the same show, we should all be really good friends and get along, not against eachother just because we have different opinions or like different cast members does not mean we shouldn't interact or 'bully' another member and I tell you guys what if I see a member who think they are 'big' by attacking

Someone else I'll report it straight away and don't care if anyone thinks I'm 'snitching' because we should all be treated the same on here and I would like to see everyone just getting along

Last thing i would like to say is a great thanks to you musie for making this thread and I hope all members read it and take notice.

Sorry if im the only one who realises this but i wanted to have my say.

I just have to say that emmasi isnt the victom here so why should we be feeling sorry for her when shes the one who always starts the fights.She even has some members wanting to quit using bttb (sportzgal) and from other bttb members point of view she is very intimidating and we find when she posts she always starts the arguments when she doesn't get people to hate who she hates she starts becoming aggresive and a bully.

Im sure im not the only one who thinks this but the others may not want to post because she used to be a member of staff.The bttb members are the ones who are scared of her!

I don't post much on the board but I'm usually on it every day reading spoilers and everyone's posts in Aus Discussion because I love this forum and it's really interesting. I've definitely noticed the bullying on the board and it really is frustrating. Unfortunately those who are bullying it seems still won't accept that it is what they are doing. It's this constant struggle between freedom of speech or alienating people. I feel sorry for the mods who have to do that and I agree with everyone who has said that they are doing a great job. Bttb is definitely one of the more civilised boards out there and it's thanks to the mods!

I think the modification of certain posts is a good idea because it eliminates the opportunity for people to take sides. Even if some people would say its unfair that the mods are taking someone's interests over someone else, I think the mods are impartial and intelligent enough to choose what the right thing to do is. But then, I'm not much of a poster so I don't know how valid this opinion is!

As for the last poster - I'm going to say that I disagree with what you've said about Emmasi. I think people may find her intimidating because she states her point of view very thoroughly and persuasively which may come across intimidating, especially as it is just an internet forum. But I've never found her to be bullying and the only times she has "attacked" other posters is when she feels she has been attacked. Whenever someone presents a point of view that she doesn't agree with she only argues against that point of view not the person, and I think that is the difference between making her the victim and the bully, so to speak.

I don't want to start a fight or alienate anyone so I won't name them but I don't think its fair that someone can make a post about people being over-sensitive about some posters' point-of-views, telling them to get over it, and then being the one wanting to quit because others disagree with their POV.

Jem is only human. She has an opinion, just like every other person here. But it's up to you, the members, to choose how you reply if you don't agree. Do you do it diplomatically, or do you take the all-guns-blazing approach? The latter seems to be the popular option with a few of you these days. -_-

There are a few members here who attack emmasi just because she's emmasi. Sometimes her opinions are very mild, but people still pounce on her like she's the meal. I think we've all seen it happen, but some won't admit to it because they've got a serious vendetta against Jem. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to name any names, but some members on this forum are being seriously unfair. You bitch about a member, then you claim they're being the bully. You say you are entitled to an opinion, yet you bash a person because you don't agree with their opinion. It seems we've got a big game of double standards being played. :wink:

Archived