Dating Rules/tips/ Experiences

Guest Adelle2008

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the guy wants to have sex on the first date then it is a definitely no no as I found out!!

Why? lol

Is this a sarcastic "why"? :lol:

Well anyway I made the mistake and then he didnt want anything more to do with me and he was heppy because he had gotten what he wanted which was the only thing he wanted and didnt care about how I felt. Here was me thinking he was a nice guy but obviously he was just using me :(

My husband and I actually went to school together lol. We were never friends though, we hung out with fairly different crowds. He was more of a stoner/skater/raver/never stops talking and always in trouble kinda guy and I was more of a few drinks over the weekend with friends but tries not to get in trouble and fairly quiet kind of girl. Then, when I was 19, and he had grown up a bit and I had come out of my shell, we met through a friend of mine and became friends. I knew he liked me but I was just chillin after a bad break up. Then we hooked up one night, "hung out" for a while and got married a few years later lol. Though during our casual time together, he sent me a dozen pink roses at work to convince me to go out with him :wub: too bad for him I had gone home sick that day :lol:

My husband and I actually went to school together lol. We were never friends though, we hung out with fairly different crowds. He was more of a stoner/skater/raver/never stops talking and always in trouble kinda guy and I was more of a few drinks over the weekend with friends but tries not to get in trouble and fairly quiet kind of girl. Then, when I was 19, and he had grown up a bit and I had come out of my shell, we met through a friend of mine and became friends. I knew he liked me but I was just chillin after a bad break up. Then we hooked up one night, "hung out" for a while and got married a few years later lol. Though during our casual time together, he sent me a dozen pink roses at work to convince me to go out with him :wub: too bad for him I had gone home sick that day :lol:

Lol, this sounds exactly like me and my hubby. Never talked or were friends at school, although I was friends with a few of his friends. Then as soon as I turned 18 and started going out, we met through a mutual friend.

Although we were never casual. And I'm still waiting for flowers. After 4 years. <_<

Although we were never casual. And I'm still waiting for flowers. After 4 years. <_<

Flowers are totally overrated (No offence to Jenlee, if you're getting them, you're not going to knock them back, Lol!). If that makes you feel any better Kaitie.

Be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you're not. Your boyfriend/gilfriend will find it out sooner or later anyway. :)

So true, the only way to be.

If you have feelings for someone, it's never a good idea to sleep with someone on the first date. Even if they reeeally ask for it, they'll respect you more for waiting. And it'll only add to the allure!

However, if you don't have feelings for them and just looking for fun, go for it! Just make sure the other person knows that's all it is to avoid a messy situation.

Most romantic thing my boyfriends ever done was to fly out to Italy to surprise me while I was travelling and missing him a lot. It was the best feeling in the world when he rang me and told me where he was.

Sex with an ex, also not a very good idea. But friends with an ex is definately possible.

never ever tell your boyfriend that your ex is staying with you because it causes too much tension..

Okay, I'm not an expert on dating (far from :P), but wouldn't it cause even more tension if he found out that you'd been staying with your ex and didn't tell him? Wouldn't it only make him even more jealous/suspicious if he found out? In my book, if someone is staying with their ex and they didn't tell me, I'd suspect that something was going on. I do realise that there's inevitably going to be tension if you're staying with your ex, but if you're honest with him, wouldn't that make him feel just a little bit safer, because at least you're not trying to hide it? :unsure: Of course, he could still get really jealous and possesive, but is he really worth it then? I'd go mad if my boyfriend had to know where I was and what I was doing all the time, because it tells me that he doesn't trust me. Of course I'm not going to say that I'd never get jealous, I'd be lying if I did, but IMO a relationship should be built on trust and if that's missing, then it's not a good nor a healthy relationship.

I'm probably the kind of girl who'd suspect that something was going on if he was hanging out with his ex or some pretty girls, but that's mostly because I'm so insecure about myself, but hopefully I'll be able to trust him and not be too clingy :P

Archived