Shattered Glass

Guest Louise_2983

:o They had a baby?! OMG so that's what Melody's remark meant...

She was sure her heart stopped as Aden and Kirsty suddenly looked down in unison and she mirrored their actions to discover a beautiful little boy laughing back up at his parents. With golden hair and piercing blue eyes he was the image of his father and her heart ached as Aden hugged his son goodbye before the cute little boy wrapped his arms around Kirsty’s neck and she placed an affectionate kiss on his soft cheek as she carried him away, both of them waving to Aden as they departed.

:rolleyes:

:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! I think i am going to cry in every single chapter you write, because you're writing is so powerful and emotive!

I had a suspicion that it could be Belle's child because i couldn't quite see how the timelines would add up if it wasn't.

Their wedding was so funny! and i loved Belle talking to Irene on her deathbed, so sad!

I really liked that Annie shouted at her, i seem to like it when the characters yell at Belle, maybe i'm angry at her too for hurting Aden, lol.

Although I'm glad she went after Aden and this time she shouted at him.

Please update soon! I love this fic!!!! :D

Woah did not see this coming, I just assumed the child was Aden and Kirsty's, but thinking about it now it makes sense Jamie (cute name) being Belle and Aden's....it must have been something BIG for Belle to leave Aden and her son....I cannot wait to find out what...

Irene dying was so sad and I can understand Annie being so upset, but Belle slapping her!!! Bit of a shock I thought Belle would just ignore her considering but I suppose grief and I would probably do the same thing if someone was saying things about me..anyway..I also liked Roman comforting Belle despite everything she has done ( breaking Aden's heart for reason unknown for now) he is such a sweet guy in this fic

This is so good, but so sad but I can't turn away from this fic...I am addicted!!!

Can't wait for more

I didn't realise that was their son either, I thought it was Aden and Kirsty's.So sad Irene passing away and I loved her last moments with Belle.Belle hit Annie!Okay, she was going off on one but she didn't deserve that.And then she threatened to hit Melody!And then she went after Aden again, even though he's got a wife and family!I thought she'd got past that stage...Maybe I'm being harsh on her and she just wants to see her son.

Loved the flashback to the wedding, it was really sweet.More interested than ever to know what went wrong.

This is so good, but so sad but I can't turn away from this fic...I am addicted!!!

Aww thank you!

Belle hit Annie! Okay, she was going off on one but she didn't deserve that.And then she threatened to hit Melody!

She was upset, Irene had just died and given what happened maybe Annie’s words (and definitely Melody’s) were a little out of order...

And without further ado...

Chapter 4

"I hope you know that you can't come back, cause all that we had is broken like shattered glass"

“You don’t have a son!” he hissed dragging her even further away from the house, his fingers digging into her slender arms with uncomfortable force. Her feet almost left the ground, as he yanked her along.

“Aden! You’re hurting me!”

“You don’t even know what hurt is!” he snarled, finally letting her go.

“You think this isn’t hurting me too?”

“What swanning around in your designer clothes, hanging off the arm of your rock star boyfriend? You always look in so much pain in Nicole’s magazines!”

“I don’t hang off his arm” she mumbled.

“Whatever” he spat.

“Just go Belle”

“I just want to see my son”

“Like I said, you don’t have a son”

“You might not like it, but I’m his mother. Not Kirsty. Me!”

“You’re not his mother!” he bellowed.

“You stopped being his mother the day you abandoned him! The day you just dumped him, not even caring what happened to him!”

“I left him with Irene! I knew he’d be safe!” she protested, tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

“Oh spare me the tears!” he snapped, moving closer to her, broad and intimidating. Rage filled his expression and genuine fear shot through her as she backed away from her, her body slamming into a

brick wall behind her, preventing her from moving as she stepped closer once more.

“Do not expect the slightest bit of sympathy from me!”

“I’m sorry!” she cried.

“I’m so sorry!”

“You’re about 5 years too late Belle, sorry doesn’t cut it anymore!”

“I was ill, I didn’t know what I was doing, I couldn’t think properly Aden” she sniffled.

“I know that” he nodded slightly calmer, rage still burning in his blue eyes.

“I wanted to help you! I tried, I tried so hard and you just pushed me away and left like you always do!”

“Once! I left once!” she protested.

“Twice now” he shook his head.

“Why not do us both a favour and make it three?”

“Because I want to see Jamie”

“You are not going anywhere near him. Ever. Do you understand me?” he asked, grabbing her chin forcefully between his thumb and forefinger and yanking her face up to look at him.

“Don’t go near him, don’t try and talk to him, don’t even look at him!”

“I saw him today” she told him, struggling to speak with his hand locked around her jaw.

“When?” he asked in shock, dropping his hand to allow her to explain.

“Outside The Diner. With you and Kirsty” she told him before whispering quietly.

“He’s beautiful. He looks just like you”

“Well life would just be too cruel if I had to look at a miniature version of you everyday wouldn’t it?” he snapped,

“Is he like me at all?” she dared to ask, desperate to know that even if she hadn’t been there he was still her son, even if Kirsty had replaced her in every sense of the word.

“You don’t deserve to know anything about him!” he sneered, looking down at her intimidatingly.

“I just want to know that he’s ok” she whimpered.

He softened slightly.

“He’s...He’s perfect Belle. He’s smart and funny and beautiful and happy and I will not let you do anything to hurt him ever again”

“I never wanted to hurt him Aden. Him or you”

“Well congratulations, you managed it anyway!”

“I was ill!”

“Will you stop saying that!” he hollered in her face.

“It’s the truth!”

“Since when does post natal depression last for five f***ing years Belle?! Hey? Answer me that?!” He grabbed hold of her shoulders and violently shook her, as if an answer would rattle out of her if he

shook her hard enough.

“The hair, the clothes, the celebrity parties? I suppose they’re all just to make you feel better huh? That you had a beautiful baby boy and no one felt sorry for you? Because you couldn’t love him as much as you love your god damn self!”

“Stop it!” she screamed as he slammed her petite frame back against the wall.

As though only just realising what he was doing, he instantly took his hands from her and stepped away. Slumping onto the hood of his car, he buried his head in his hands.

She gulped and quickly pulled the sleeve of her top, which had slipped and exposed her bare shoulder, back into place. He raised his head to find her cowering, against the wall. Her obvious fear hitting him like the sharpest arrow piercing his heart.

“I’m not going to hurt you, you know that”

“I don’t know you anymore” she shook her head slowly.

“If I ever knew you at all”

“You knew me” he whispered.

“God damn it Belle!” he thumped the car bonnet in frustration and she jumped in shock.

“Five years! Five years!”

“I know how long it’s been Aden, you don’t have to keep reminding me.”

“Where have you been?”

“You know where I’ve been. LA” she told him confused.

“I don’t mean that!” he snapped as if she were an idiot.

“Where have you been Belle? I waited for you. I waited for so long”

“I should have come home I know that”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I was scared Aden, so scared”

You were scared? How do you think I felt when you just disappeared without a word or a note or anything? Irene, Roman, Nicole they all spent weeks trying to convince me you weren’t dead!”

“I’m sorry” she whispered.

“I had to leave, I was ill and confused and I couldn’t cope. But I called Irene as soon as I could”

“”27 days Belle, that’s how long it was. 27 days wondering if you’d really left me or if you were lying in a ditch dead somewhere. And you know what? When Irene told me you’d finally called I wished you were dead because at least then you wouldn’t have chosen to leave me! Me and Jamie. Jamie, who was so tiny and perfect and innocent. He didn’t ask for any of it. All he wanted was his mother”

“I’m sorry” she whispered again, “I know the words will never be enough but I am”

“I didn’t choose to leave you Aden, I didn’t have a choice, I wasn’t me anymore, I didn’t know who I was”

“Right” he nodded.

“So, that’s where you’ve been for the past 5 years? Suffering from amnesia?”

“Aden”

“He was three months old Belle, instinct might have told him something was wrong but he didn’t know, he wouldn’t have remembered. You could have come back and we could have got through it but the longer you were away the older he got and eventually he wanted to know why he didn’t have a mother like all his friends did. How do you think that felt? This didn’t end when you walked away Belle. That’s when it started and what you did hurts him every single day, I won’t let you add to that”

“! knew you would be an amazing father, that you’d love him and keep him safe. I was scared Aden. I was scared to come back and prove everyone right, I was scared that no matter how hard I tried I’d always fail at being a mother”

“You’d already succeeded Belle. You’d given me the most perfect son anyone could ever wish for. All you had to do was be there for him.”

“I shouldn’t have left, I know that but I can’t change it Aden, no matter how much I want to” she whispered.

“I can forgive you for leaving Belle. But not for not coming back, I don’t know how you can sleep at night knowing you just left that little boy without the one person he needed most in the world. And

even now you’re only back here because Irene’s ill, not because you had some desperate desire to finally be there for your son”

“Irene...Irene...died tonight” she whispered, tears suddenly streaming down her face.

“I’m sorry” he told her, suddenly softening a little more.

“For Irene. I’m sorry for Irene. She was a good person and she was so good to me and to Jamie. She didn’t deserve to suffer or to die so soon but I meant what I said yesterday Belle. I don’t care how

you feel or what you suddenly think you want now you’ve realised just how short life can be. You are not going anywhere near my son”

“He’s my son too”

“No, no he’s not. He’s got me. He’s got Kirsty. He doesn’t need you coming into his life and leaving again. As far as he will ever know, you’re nothing Belle”

“Don’t say that” she whispered.

“It’s the truth”

“No, the truth is that Kirsty’s the one who will never really be anything to him! Did she give birth to him? Did she carry him inside her for 9 months? Did she feel his grow and move? Was she there the first time we ever heard his heart beat? Was she? Because I remember that like it was yesterday Aden, I remember how amazing it felt, how much I loved him even though he was just a tiny little dot on that screen. And I remember how much I loved you and I know you remember that too”

“Stop it”

“Tell me you remember”

“Stop it!” he snapped angrily.

“Tell me!” she screamed as he grabbed hold of her and pushed her back against the wall with incredible force, all his anger projected into his action.

“I remember!” he screamed back into her face.

“But I wish I didn’t!”

He stepped away, suddenly realising that he was hurting her once more,

“Just do what you came back here to do and leave Belle. Please just leave” he told her calmly before turning and slowly walking back into the house. He slammed the door with an almighty thud and within seconds the curtains were drawn.

”Belle? What is it? Are you ok?” he questioned in quick succession, his face etched with concern as she entered the room looking distressed. Her hand was clenched into a tight fist, her knuckles white with the strain of the position. She didn’t speak but simply held out her fist towards him.

Gently he uncurled her fingers and sighed as he saw the small, white stick nestled inside her clammy palm. He lifted the test and the pink line in the tiny window appeared in his line of vision. His heart leapt until he saw the fear in her eyes.

“Aden” she whispered.

“What if it’s like before? This isn’t meant to happen. I’m meant to have like a 2% chance of getting pregnant again or something stupid like that”

“50% Belle” he corrected, having memorised the odds grasping onto the hope that one day they would have children of their own.

“I’m scared Aden. I don’t want to lose another baby, what if I die this time?” she panicked.

“Hey!” he whispered, jumping to his feet and pulling her into his arms.

“I’m not letting you leave me that easily. It’s going to be ok, we just need to see a doctor and get everything checked out this time”

“Can we go now?”

“Of course we can” he whispered placing a delicate kiss on her temple. He practically had to carry her to the car, her body almost frozen in shock. She didn’t speak the entire way to the hospital and when the doctor confirmed she was pregnant she buried her head in her hands.

As they sat waiting to be called for an ultrasound in silence he held her hand, wishing he could do or say something to take away her fear but knowing there was nothing.

“Belle Jefferies?” her name was finally called out and relief flowed through him.

She heard her name but it didn’t register with her why it was being called. He slid his arm around her body and pulled her to her feet but as she moved with him, placing one foot slowly in front of the other, she could barely remember why she was there.

He helped her onto the bed as the sonographer filled in a form and began to fire questions at her. Had the ectopic pregnancy been her only one? Yes. Any previous miscarriages? No. Any abortions? No.

She answered as though she was automated. Like a robot as she starred at the cracks in the ceiling and bit her lip. He clutched her hand so gently she could barely feel it, as though he thought she would break if he held her any tighter.

She shivered, finally feeling something other than fear, as the freezing cold gel was smeared over her stomach. She suddenly remembered being warned a few seconds earlier that it might be a little cold as the sonographer began to move the scanner over her tummy.

Silently the medic checked the screen as they both prayed inwardly for everything to be ok.

“Everything seems fine” she announced.

“You have a healthy baby. Congratulations”

“Healthy?” Aden sighed in relief.

“And growing in the right place?” she suddenly came back to reality.

“Healthily growing in Mummy’s womb” the sonographer smiled at their obvious joy and relief.

"Mummy" Aden smiled against her cheek.

“Look” the sonographer turned the screen around and pointed out a tiny speck, flickering towards the bottom of the screen.

“Oh my god! Is that our baby?” Aden asked in disbelief.

“That dot?!” Belle laughed as Aden squeezed her hand and placed a tender kiss on her cheek.

“I’d say you’re about 4 weeks pregnant from the size”

“4 weeks?” Belle smiled and turned knowingly to Aden.

“Our wedding night” she grinned before turning back to gaze at the screen.

“We got a little bit carried away” Aden blushed as he unnecessarily tried to explain to the sonographer.

“Just the right amount of carried away I’d say” Belle smiled, reaching a hand up to caress his cheek without tearing her gaze from the monitor.

“What was that?” they both suddenly asked as the scanner was moved around over her stomach and a loud, rhythmic beating filled the room.

“That’s baby’s heartbeat”

“Oh my gosh, the heartbeat” Belle sighed as Aden nuzzled his nose against her cheek.

“I love them already, him or her” she smiled still gazing at the screen.

“Me too and I love you, for giving me this, for making me so happy” he whispered into her ear.

“From what I remember” she smiled cheekily.

“It was making each other happy that got us here in the first place”

Belle sighed as she struggled to regain her composure. As she began to slink away, still hurt and shaken, she noticed Kirsty watching her silently from the window of the room which had once been her own bedroom. She turned slowly and walked away without glancing back.

Archived