Angelo Rosetta - Luke Jacobz

doola

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging

by the sneak-peek on the official site, I'm going to safely PREDICT that Angelo may be charged for a crime committed by his "boss" regarding corruption

. Why oh why does Angelo Rosetta have to literally RUIN his character and reputation?! <_<

What makes you say that??

I can't find anything that indicates that?

Judging

by the sneak-peek on the official site, I'm going to safely PREDICT that Angelo may be charged for a crime committed by his "boss" regarding corruption

. Why oh why does Angelo Rosetta have to literally RUIN his character and reputation?! <_<

I said "Predict", meaning it might not happen yet. Jeez, I was trying to have a joke with yers.

Judging

I said "Predict", meaning it might not happen yet. Jeez, I was trying to have a joke with yers.

Oops... I missed that bit... it was too early in the morning when I read your post... I hadn't had coffee!!

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Continued from Charlie's thread:

I do take some of your points, and this isn't Angelo's thread, but it does feel like you're only telling half the story and most of the time he does do the right thing in the end.
Yeah I was gonna say something along those lines. Sure he's not an angel but who is right? And yeah he always apologises and makes it right in the end! That’s one of the main things I love about Angelo! Coz he has a good heart and he doesn’t just brush it off when someone calls him on it. Some of my favourite scenes of his last year were when he was apologising to Charlie because he was really sweet and it was good to see him taking responsibility for his actions and owning the fact that he was in the wrong.

It's not what Angelo has done that annoys me, it's more how he deals with those situations. I mean okay he shot Jack, but it's more the fact that he ran off and lied rather then doing the noble thing and calling for medical services and owning up. It's the fact that having known what he did he still took a police bargain to stay out of jail and head back to the very place where he caused so much heartache. I also thought the way Angelo acted after being kicked off the police force was dispicable. He chose to let Hugo and Martha go, I'm guessing out of guilt, and instead of owning up straight away, he attempted to make lie with a story that was never going to work anyways. Thus making everything worse for himself and avoiding doing jail time yet again.

It's the fact that he never seems to listen to what Charlie's saying to him when he overreacts about situations. She told him not to defend Indi in court, which would have been ten times worse for him instead of just taking the fine and caution, instead he argued with her about it. Instead of being honest about Paolo and the debt, the loan sharks, what happened when they were teens, he decided to lie, refused to talk to her about his past and made a big deal of it. Yet he thinks it's okay to demant Charlie to tell him everything about her.

He stalked her when she went to counselling, and rather than asking her straight out what was going, he climbed a tree and spied on her. I know Charlie was probably more than likely not going to tell him about therspy, but it was still very sly of Angelo to invade her privacy like that. When he decided he wanted to open a restaurant Charlie was supportive. He asked, almost begged her to tell him when she thought he was getting in over his or wasn't doing something right while he was doing it and the minute she does do that, he gets angry and storms off more or less telling her that she was unsupportive.

Angelo is manipulative, sneaky and very self centred. When things aren't going right he want's the easy way out and never thinks of anyone else's feelings. And fed up with people trying to make him out to be the hero when he is anything but. I get that people like him, but it seems no matter what he does, he's never really in the wrong, he is. Charlie kops most of the attacks when things don't go right in their now non existent relationship which is unfair cause Angelo is as much to blame for his own heartache. He knows Charlie has issues commiting so he was entering that relationship at his own risk. People need to stop blaming Charlie for everything.

Woah dude! You do know you just chronicled like the last 2 years of Angelo's life right? So he's not perfect. Who is? I'll give you some of those like: How he just left Jack lying there and stuff. He could've given the ambulance an anonymous tip but that was just the way TPTB chose to handle Jack's exit so let's not open that whole can of worms again now. The mild stalking when Charlie went to see Michael and when Charlie tried to support him when she thought maybe the stuff with the restaurant was too much. But he apologised for both of those incidents and didn't get all sanctimonious about it. He apologised for killing Jack in the end too. That was when I started to like him then! :D Yeah that was why I hated him when he went back to Summer Bay - because he was just there in Tony and Martha's faces all the time and he wasn't sorry about what he'd done in the slightest. But that all ties in with the apology doesn't it. Martha forgave him so I did too. And I'm really really glad I did because now he's a great guy and I really really love him!!

Avoiding doing jail time when he let Hugo and Martha go was different to what happened with Jack. But even what happened with post Jack's death wasn't entirely upto Angelo was it. I can see that now. Command made Angelo a deal that he'd work for them on this big high profile case. That was his punishment for killing Jack because he had a really hard slog working Hugo's case. Granted he didn't do himself any favours by turning Hugo against him right from the start - being arrogant towards him and always on his back extra to killing Hugo's cousin. Also Angelo didn't help himself in that he didn't give Tony and Martha any space from him when he first got back. I hated Angelo for those 2 things. But the case was hard work too and got in the way of his relationship with Charlie at times as well. So that was his punishment for killing Jack. When he avoided jail time for letting Hugo and Martha go well first of all like I said that was a good thing that he did. Also he had a good life then and had sorted himself out and made good on his life after the whole thing post Jack's death! He didn't want to go to prison and I don't think he should've either. But he told the truth about that because he could see the effect that not doing so was having on all his colleagues and in particular on Charlie. I respected him for telling the truth! But again that had big consequences for him because he got suspended from the Force didn't he. I really felt for him when he was on the beach with the fire I really did.

So yeah sometimes he didn't always get that Charlie was trying to support him at first but when he did he was very grateful and loved her for it and apologised. :wub:

The thing at first with Paolo was that Angelo was trying to protect Charlie - he didn't want her to have to get involved in all of that. I mean she was very important to him but they weren't married or anything so why should she have to suffer because of Paolo's foolish mistakes too.

The thing with Indi was that Angelo knew he was responsible for Indi as he’s the manager of Angelo’s so he was trying to protect Indi. Yes it was foolish and he just didn’t get that Charlie was being there for him and supporting him and I didn’t like that he was not getting it but in the end he didn’t take the issue to court and thanked Charlie for her support and even opened up to her more about Paolo so it’s all good! Everybody wins!!

O.K. call it a character flaw because I know that Angelo doesn’t always get it when Charlie and his friends are supporting him but he always realises and apologises and makes the situation right in the end which is better than just not caring etc. isn’t it.

I've never really got the whole thing that Charlie said to Angiepantsâ„¢ about: "You sulk every time I hold something back." Could someone please enlighten me about that. Did I just miss something really big last year or something? It's not like I have Angelo on a pedastal or anything. I don't do pedastals. I just don't recall him ever getting annoyed at Charlie for holding something back. I just put my foot in it didn't I? But I really don't know seriously.

My final point on this: I'm not blaming Charlie for everything. I never have. If anything I've "pulled Angelo up" for his outbursts and misunderstandings of Charlie's unwavering support more times than I've thought Charlie's done anything wrong with regards to Angelo or indeed Ruby for that matter. But then at least Angelo always used to make it up to Charlie and apologise in the end. He always saw the error of his ways and made everything right again in the end. :) Charlie always used to apologise to Angelo too when necessary. That’s how you have a good, healthy, strong relationship! Charlie just didn't have to do it as often as Angelo did which is O.K. anyway... Yes I know I'm blaming Charlie atm. but this time it's different because they just weren't able to just apologise and support each other and resolve their issues this time around.

Edited by Changelo shipper <3

Okay I would just like to point out that I will be the first person to put my hands up and say that I just don't like Angelo. I freely admit that. I also accept the fact that there are people out there who do. Which is why I respect the opinions of people who defend him or who post positive things etc.

I agree that Angelo hasn't always had it easy. and I know there are two sides to a relationship. But for me, in my opinion, Charlie is the one who suffers the most. I know Angelo isn't exactly left unshattered in it all, but sometimes I just feel that he pushes Charlie to take a step forward with him and then reacts badly when she takes two steps back. Knowing full well that being in a commited relationship with someone and trusting someone completely is not easy for her.

I just feel that sometimes he spends too much time thinking about his own feelings or hurt too much and never really takes a step back to think about how Charlie is dealing with it all until it's too late. And frustrates me when he expects Charlie to be honest and open with him when at times he won't do the same for her and when she pushes him, yes, he does sulk like a spoilt child.

I've tried to like the Angelo character in the past but I've given up because he just irritates me to no end. I just think the way they turned him from public enemy number one to prince charming is what really put the final nail in the coffin. Maybe if Angelo had been PROPERLY punished for the more serious crimes he has committed and then returned I would have more respect for him. But he hasn't and that's what really gets me.

That and the whole breaking up and getting back together with Charlie. That's just boring and repetitive to watch. I actually wish he had stayed with Mae.

• 2 months later...

hey I like Angelo

Me too! Probably cos he shot Jack, who irritated me beyond belief :lol:

I actually like Angelo now more than I did when he shot Jack but then I was a big Jack fan for ages! (Still am :lol:) but for a while he just felt like the other half of Charlie and not a character in his own right. He needed to be interacting with other characters and I actually like him now when he's with Roo, Liam and Nicole. Such a shame that they didnt do that before, he might have been more liked... who knows.