Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

I think in the long run that Geoff and Melody will end up being together! I can see Geoff getting overly jealous of Melody's (fake) relationship with Mathew. However, when Geoff finds out how Melody was only with Mathew to make him jealous i think all hell could break loose! It has the potential to be a cracking storyline, and i look forward to seeing it unfold.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the long run that Geoff and Melody will end up being together! I can see Geoff getting overly jealous of Melody's (fake) relationship with Mathew. However, when Geoff finds out how Melody was only with Mathew to make him jealous i think all hell could break loose! It has the potential to be a cracking storyline, and i look forward to seeing it unfold.

Round of applause!! Post of the day!!

From what I've heard, it sounds as though

Miles might be the one to finally get through to Melody, which should help assuage some of the neglect charges

.I just hope that

when she comes back

we get a proper scene dealing with all that's happened instead of her just slotting back into the Bay with it all forgotten about.I think people will feel short-changed if that happens.

Melody is one of the more interesting characters at the moment IMHO. I can understand why she's acting the way she is. She does just seem like a very confused young lady. For her whole life her mother controlled EVERY aspect of her life and she finally escapes her clutches and doesn't know how to handle her self. She seems to lack common sense because she's never needed any.

I agree, that Miles seems to more wrapped in Kirsty than looking after the children in his care.

Celeste is doing an amazing job. She does train wreck brilliantly.

Shes not favorite character but i like her better then Nicole and Geoff.

I'm not telling people what to think, but i can honestly say it shocks me how unwilling people are to look below the surface where Melody's concerned.

I know. The lack of sympathy there is, on most Home and Away related forums, for this issue is shocking. You don't have to like her, but atleast realise that her actions aren't because she is a spoilt brat.

I think Melody has the potential to be a great long time character. So hopefully when the writers are done sacrificing her for the sake of Nicole and Geoff, they can go back to focusing on her, and her issues. She is one of only a few characters who is still keeping me interested in the show at the moment. So I look forward to more of her this year.

Edited by Jody

I'm not telling people what to think, but i can honestly say it shocks me how unwilling people are to look below the surface where Melody's concerned.

I was always surprised at the lack of empathy people had towards Melody, a troubled teen coming from a very difficult family background. When you compare it to the strong compassionate feelings people had for other characters like Aden (with the abuse), Geoff & Annie (with their sheltered upbringing) or even Nicole (during the period where she felt nobody care for her), it seems quite odd.

I think a lot of the lack of understanding can be credited to the inconsistencies in writing her, moving her from guest to perm character. If you look back, during her guest stint, people had a great affection for her character, especially when Geoff chose her over Nicole. The cute/naive/innocent relationship that followed & then the slow unravelling of her emotionally abusive background (at the hands of Christine). All of this made people understand, care for & empathise with her character easily. But this was only a short story arc with a guest character & she left.

When they brought her back, they went through too many different phases with her character, in a short space of time & it was confusing. She went from a meek, innocent teen that was entirely controlled by her parents, to a mentally-unstable girl who had visions of a dead Axel, then she was okay again. And finally when she got some freedom, she went down the goodgirl gone bad route. The writers didn't know which route to take with her, so they kept changing lanes, which makes it harder to see the journey her character' going on.

Also watching a goodgirl with high morals, who could be quite judgemental turn bad & carry out bad actions is harder to connect with, then the opposite where a badboy/girl starts to change for the better. Look at how people villified Annie when she had her bad phase (wrongly accusing Aden etc.).

None of these are good enough excuses, or is correct reasoning for not bothering to look below the surface. But they are reasons people might find it hard to undertsand or connect with her. I had a phase where I was starting to get annoyed by Melody & her actions. But I never forgot about her controlled upbringing & all that she's been through. I think the scene where she tells Annie/Ruby "No-one liked the old me, no-one likes the new me, I don't know who i'm meant to be anymore" really helped me understand her & the reasoning behind some of her most recent behaviour. This 'not belonging' or identity crisis is what the writers are trying to show through Melody, but in the transition from guest to perm character, some of her story/journey has gotten confusing & not been explained clearly enough.

Edited by Anaya

Melody to me has two things that I like. One thing she has when she is with Geoff when she first came into the show. She was a caring and devout christian and as her homelife was revealed she always had her faith to hold on to, when she left because of the tension and drama with her mother, I was really proud of her, she had managed to find something in the middle to cope with. The other thing is when she came back, she wanted Geoff back and her face when she found out that Geoff and Nicole was heartbreaking but the thing that confuses me about her is that Geoff had committed a 'sin' and yet she still wanted him? To me that doesnt make any sense at all.

It seems with all the discussion of Belle/Aden and Jack/Martha that the Melody storyline has somehow been forgotten. For me it will be one of the two compelling storylines of the early part of this year. ( The other being Belle and Aden's interraction with the toxic waste storyline and its personal effect on them.)

Melody's obsessive behaviour and failure to cope with reality ( Geoff is with Nicole ) has lead her to such a dark place. Her actions have put multiple lives at risk. Without her mother and/or father (and I'm not sure how much help they would be,) just who will step forward to be her support? Will it be Miles? To this point he hasn't really been very effective. Will it be Kirsty? To expect the other teens to be effective would be a really big ask and very unrealistic.

I think this storyline has a long way to go to play out and I'm really looking forward to it.