Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

I'm a bit on and off with Melody as well, sometimes i think her character is really interesting and at other times a bit strange.

I pretty much feel the same way towards Melody.

I think it will be interesting to see if she can pull off this whole bad girl thing that she looks to be heading towards, as I'm still not convinced if the actress is a bit wooden or if thats the way she's playing the character.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Melody extremely interesting and think Celeste is doing an amazing job playing her. Melody is a sad an confused girl quite unlike anyone we have seen before. She has no idea who she is as her mother has told her what to wear, what to eat, what to think, who to see etc... her entire life... she has had a breakdown and she has not recovered and now she has left her family home. for me she is character who is totally at sea and this is why she is like she is. This aspect of the character is being brilliantly portrayed by Celeste. I think that her desire to get back with Geoff is rooted in wanting to make sense of all of this chaos. I believe we have a lot more chaos and confusion to see from Melody before she works out who she is, and that is what is going to make her interesting to watch.

Melody really annoyed me when she first came on screen earlier in the year but I don't mind her at the moment and think that she has some interesting storylines coming up. Her obsession with Geoff doesn't really bother me too much, I think that she thought that by getting back with Geoff she would get back to the happiest time of her life (which was when she was with Geoff) and thus, it would fix all her problems. I agree that Celeste is doing an amazing job portraying a very lost and vulnerable teenager who is trying to re-adjust after some very turbulent times over the past few months.

I love Melody with attitude. I thinks she deserves the chance to kick off and behave like brat for a while, she was probably never allowed to have so much as toddler temper tantrum, or to misbehave or do anything remotely rebellious when living with the controlling Christine. She is certainly making up for lost time now.

Melody is a complex character, there is no dispute there. I really liked her when she was slowly breaking free from her mother and even when she first got together with Geoff. I understand that she's still finding her feet and "adapting" to the big, wide world that has opened up around her, but I do think that the obsession with Geoff is slightly annoying. I can see she's testing boundaries, working out how the world works, because I think it's understandible that given her upbringing she's going to be curious about things.

This does bring up an interesting thought though, who would you pair with Melody? Because I don't know if there is anyone in the Bay at the moment that I think she would couple well with.

Melody is a complex character, there is no dispute there. I really liked her when she was slowly breaking free from her mother and even when she first got together with Geoff. I understand that she's still finding her feet and "adapting" to the big, wide world that has opened up around her, but I do think that the obsession with Geoff is slightly annoying. I can see she's testing boundaries, working out how the world works, because I think it's understandible that given her upbringing she's going to be curious about things.

This does bring up an interesting thought though, who would you pair with Melody? Because I don't know if there is anyone in the Bay at the moment that I think she would couple well with.

Melody is 15 right? why does she need to be paired up with anyone?

Melody is 15 right? why does she need to be paired up with anyone?

In true H&A tradition - no one is left single for very long :P. She is just so caught up with Geoff that I think it would be nice and probably good for her to have a boyfriend. I'm not even necessarily talking right now, but just anyone in the future who she could pair with.

But, you have a fair point. Maybe she should stay single too. :)

Just edited this out of my Aus Discussion post, because it was getting off-topic:

Melody has always been a selfish attention-seeker. Geoff didn't want to be with Melody, but she stalked him until he told her to back off - loudly, because she wouldn't listen any other way - at which point she played the victim because in her mind they were boyfriend and girlfriend. How was it Geoff's fault if Melody is aggressively delusional?

She's being the same way with him again now that he's with Nicole, trying to blame him and Nicole for her problems.

When Geoff was with Melody, Christine had an AVO taken out on him, but Melody still insisted that they see each other. She simply didn't care that he could get arrested, as long as she got what she wanted. Then there was Axel... we'll never know what happened there... What we do know is that when he died, Melody made it all about her. No "I'm sorry that Axel died. I didn't like him, but he didn't deserve that." No. She was just paranoid that something bad would happen to HER because she somehow reordered the universe in order for him to die...

Now she's wantonly abusing Miles' trust in her, as well as Jai's relationship with Miles, in order to get her own way.

If anyone is evil here, it's her. She was right the first time <_<

Edited by emmasi

I don't know what they've done with Melody's character but i don't think i want to know. Normally when they have a character going throught their rebellious phase they're careful never to push them to a place that the damage that is done can't be reversed, but i think they've just made Melody too unlikeable, too annoying, i don't think i can ever go back to liking her now, no matter if she repents.