Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

The thing is, is because I've always hated Melody since the moment she arrived on our screens, and I think the worst decision the writers have made was to bring her back, I feel justified in not having a scrap of sympathy for her now.

I don't hate her because of how she's acting now. I can see that the writers want us to see that her past is the reason she's behaving the way she is and that she is a deep and complex person that is simply going through a bad patch and that is why she is behaving like a manipulative b***h but the fact that I've always hated her makes me feel like it's ok not to care about her.

From the moment she arrived I've found her insincere and sanctimonious. Actually I've never been able to put my finger on what it is that annoys me so much about her so it's difficult to explain. But I do see the point of view of people that are feeling sorry for her now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the moment she arrived I've found her insincere and sanctimonious.

I should feel sorry for Melody, but I don't. Whilst the writers have tried to show us that she is a confused, complex and a troubled character as a result of her difficult and controlled upbringing, most of the time I find myself lacking in sympathy for her. The biggest reason for this is the way she expects people to do things the way she planned them to do, in her head. Like it's her right to demand it, and she shows no gratitude if/when it does/doesn't go that way. I agree she's totally insincere about it all. She just expected Miles to take her in, stalked Geoff and then expected him to like her because they're both christians, then when they were together she just expected Geoff to break the conditions of his AVO just to see her. And the list could go on and on and on. :rolleyes:

Also I hate the way she's so damn judgemental (without knowing anything about the person) and thinks that she is better than them. The way she looks down on Nicole (one example, there's plenty more :P), like she's just worthless, trashy and a bad person just because she's not Christian, or because she has different beliefs. Has she even taken a moment to try to get to know or understand someone different?? No! :rolleyes: Annie & Geoff are both Christians, can be judgemental, have had an isolated and controlled childhood, yet atleast they try to understand different opinions, views and beliefs. Melody does not.

If you have been treated like dirt all of your life by your mother and pretty much been treated like **** at shcool, which Melody will have been, then she won't have much reason to feel magnanimous and all sweetness and light towards everyone now that she has broken free, and why should she? Until Geoff and Miles rescued her they all laughed at her and called her names. She isnt being very likable that's for sure, and she has all sorts of problems going on and she is making up for all sorts in being rebellious now. I don't think she thinks she is better than any one else, I think she thinks she is pretty damn worthless and when people feel like that they do others down to try and make them selves feel better, the trouble is it never works.

Its all entertaining though, and I like the fact Miles gets to be a foster parent like Sally. But when did the social worker come and approve him?

Wow the Melody hate is strong!!

I feel very sorry for her she is just trying to fit in and I know where she is coming from.

Also she has been treated very badly by her mother and the 1 guy that she ever cared about Geoff is now with someone else which was also down to her mother.

Poor Melody I think the writers should end this rebellious Melody they have got going on because its just not good and maybe people will like her a lot more after this ridiculous storyline.

It's not a rediculous storyline,it's just that people don't understand.People are quick to rubbish and judge what they don't understand and i think Melody is a perfect example of that.

I promise I do understand. I have read all the posts supporting her and I completely understand and appreciate what they're trying to say. It's just I can't make myself like her just because I understand why she is the way that she is. I've always disliked her, and I'm not crazy about the way she's played by Celeste Dodwell either.

It's not a rediculous storyline,it's just that people don't understand.People are quick to rubbish and judge what they don't understand and i think Melody is a perfect example of that.

Well I think its ridiculous.These teenage rebellions get really boring to be honest,why does everybody that comes to the bay have to be rebellious.

I promise I do understand. I have read all the posts supporting her and I completely understand and appreciate what they're trying to say. It's just I can't make myself like her just because I understand why she is the way that she is. I've always disliked her, and I'm not crazy about the way she's played by Celeste Dodwell either.

You don't have to like her and i know you never have which is fine.I have more of a problem with people who liked her but now hate her,yet they think Aden is some kind of saint.And yes he did use what happened to him.He used it to get out of jail time.I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong and i don't like him,because i understand and i do like him.It's hypocrasy at it's finest thouugh.How can people have so much compassion for Aden and none for Melody?The same could be said for Nicole.The answer?Both are a lot more commercially attractive then Melody.Weather you want to agree or not is up to you but if you're honest with yourselves you know it's true.

Well I think its ridiculous.These teenage rebellions get really boring to be honest,why does everybody that comes to the bay have to be rebellious.

The question should be why does everyone who rebels turn into a saint?That's rediculous and boring.

It's not a ridiculous storyline,it's just that people don't understand.People are quick to rubbish and judge what they don't understand and i think Melody is a perfect example of that.

Well said, I could not agree more.

I don't think everyone has to like Melody, at present she is not making it that easy to like her, but it is very short sighted to dismiss it all purely because one does not understand it or more importantly her. Sadly far too many people do that I find.

You don't have to like her and i know you never have which is fine.I have more of a problem with people who liked her but now hate her,yet they think Aden is some kind of saint.And yes he did use what happened to him.He used it to get out of jail time.I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong and i don't like him,because i understand and i do like him.It's hypocrasy at it's finest thouugh.How can people have so much compassion for Aden and none for Melody?The same could be said for Nicole.The answer?Both are a lot more commercially attractive then Melody.Weather you want to agree or not is up to you but if you're honest with yourselves you know it's true.

You have hit the nail on the head there Lynd. Who deserves compassion and who doesn't? On the evidence it would seem that if aliens landed and looked at these forums they would conclude that compassion is only deserved if you are fit and hot like Aden or Nicole and part of a popular shipping and its OK that you tried to kill your Dad. But, if you are considered less hot, and are not part of popular shipping and in fact are seen as threat to a popular shipping - eg to Nicole and Geoff then you are not deserving of any compassion whatsoever in any shape or form, in fact you deserve nothing but hate and bile being hurled in your direction. The aliens would then get back in their space ship and fly off as fast as they could and never come back to such an unfeeling and uncaring place again :P :P :lol::P