Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

Exactly. 1/3 of all people in Australian prisons have some sort of mental illness. You don't punish people for being sick you help them, you notice when something's wrong and you treat them. Preventing things is better than curing them. Maybe if more people had of taken notice of Melody's state instead of dismissing it as normal teenage angst (Miles) especially when she started cancelling her counselling appointments, none of all this would have happened in the first place.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this nobody has found the key to getting alongside Melody. That doesn't mean there isn't one. I believe that Melody needs to be treated in some tightly supervised retreat where she could interract with a medical team probably consisting of a psychiatrist, psychologist and experienced counsellors. Something similar to the place Mattie went to after her issue with body image that lead to bulimia. It probably needs to be in a small group situation with both adults and people her own age.

People want Melody to go to jail?What the f..?Aden deliberately tries to kill someone and takes hostages and apparently doesn't deserve to go to jail and you want to send Melody down for taking drugs?She deserves a warning at most.Yes, I agree there needs to be a scene of her facing up to the way her actions have affected people but putting her in the slammer is just crazy.I like the idea of her being sent to a retreat, that would probably work well for her.

Are yous all forgetting that Melody locked all the doors to the Hall so no one could get out.

There was a case a couple of years ago here in Queensland,Where the dad his 16 year old son and 15 year old daughter where all high on drugs. The kids hated there mother. There mother had a rather large life insurance policy. Because they where all on drugs,they decieded that there mother was better of dead. The father,his son and daughter murded the mother to get the life insurance policy. Because they where under the influence of drugs at the time, the three of them could not be charged with murder. The courts instead sent them to a mental hospital for 1 year. Upon there release they will be given there mothers life insurence policy.

Aden deliberately tries to kill someone and takes hostages and apparently doesn't deserve to go to jail and you want to send Melody down for taking drugs?She deserves a warning at most.Yes, I agree there needs to be a scene of her facing up to the way her actions have affected people but putting her in the slammer is just crazy.I like the idea of her being sent to a retreat, that would probably work well for her.

I agree with you completely. I'm a huge Aden fan, but even I have to agree. If Aden got out of going to jail because he wasn't in the right state of mind, because of his past, how can they send Melody to jail? She was extremely troubled as well. And for what would they send her? For closing the doors. When she closed those doors, I'm sure she didn't intend on harming everyone. She had no way of knowing Kane was going to drive into the place, or that there would be an explosion later on, and everyone would be trying to escape. She was under the influence of drugs, she probably had no idea what closing the door meant. Yes, I think she needs help, probably in a nice retreat somewhere, but she certainly doesn't belong in a jail cell. She needs help, she doesn't need to be thrown in jail.

Aden deliberately tries to kill someone and takes hostages and apparently doesn't deserve to go to jail and you want to send Melody down for taking drugs?She deserves a warning at most.Yes, I agree there needs to be a scene of her facing up to the way her actions have affected people but putting her in the slammer is just crazy.I like the idea of her being sent to a retreat, that would probably work well for her.

I agree with you completely. I'm a huge Aden fan, but even I have to agree. If Aden got out of going to jail because he wasn't in the right state of mind, because of his past, how can they send Melody to jail? She was extremely troubled as well. And for what would they send her? For closing the doors. When she closed those doors, I'm sure she didn't intend on harming everyone. She had no way of knowing Kane was going to drive into the place, or that there would be an explosion later on, and everyone would be trying to escape. She was under the influence of drugs, she probably had no idea what closing the door meant. Yes, I think she needs help, probably in a nice retreat somewhere, but she certainly doesn't belong in a jail cell. She needs help, she doesn't need to be thrown in jail.

I agree. As far as I'm aware, smoking one joint (I assume that's what it was) isn't exactly jail-worthy. In certain countries, you only get imprisoned if you are dealing or you are in possession of a high quantity. If Melody had five boxes full of marijuana stuffed under her bed, then please do send her to jail. But she used drugs once, maybe twice. A high chunk of teenagers do it. If all of them were sent to jail, then all prisons and detention centers would be overrun, and there would be no teenagers in school, thus having no skilled workforce in five years time :P

A warning and time in a retreat would suffice.