Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

It seems with all the discussion of Belle/Aden and Jack/Martha that the Melody storyline has somehow been forgotten. For me it will be one of the two compelling storylines of the early part of this year. ( The other being Belle and Aden's interraction with the toxic waste storyline and its personal effect on them.)

I agree with you, somewhat. Although I don't know whether it's been forgotten, considering the Melody thread still seems to get more discussion then most. But I do feel most would rather have this storyline disappear from the screen in favour of more Jack/Martha, Aden/Belle, and Geoff/Nicole scenes. I for one won't. I feel Aden and Belle are being given the right amount screentime in each episode at the moment considering their storylines(but anymore in an episode would be too much), and was very happy with Martha and Jack's long deserved break from the spotlight. Also until Geoff and Nicole get a storyline of their own there really isn't any reason for them to be given more screentime, infact they shouldn't be given the amount they are getting now.

I hope this storyline plays out over time as well. I don't want to see Melody get cured overnight. I want to see her work her way to getting better. And hopefully Miles will be there to help her do that.

Edited by Jody

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely rather watch Melody than...certain other characters...I'm quite intrigued by what they're doing with her.It's seemed at times as though she's got lots of different personalities but now I'm beginning to think it's deliberate, she seems to be going through some sort of identity crisis.It's as if she's so desperate to be liked that she's willing to play any role and act in any way that'll make people like her.And as a result, like she said to Miles, she doesn't even know who the real her is anymore.

Miles' parenting style is a bit relaxed and hands off but I think it's actually effective.Instead of giving people lectures that they're just going to ignore, he sits back and lets the situation play out while keeping the lines of communication open so they know they can come to him if they want to.It's led him to take his eyes off the ball a few times, there's been at least one occasion when Melody's been out late and no-one's bothered to check whether she's come home or not, but he knows more about what's going on than they think.It worked with Jai, who eventually opened up to him when he hit rock bottom, and hopefully Melody'll do the same.

Not sure what I think about her recovery time.I usually complain about Home and Away's habit of making people magically better but in Melody's case I don't think there's any deep seated psychosis. She needs to start seeing a counsellor again but I think making that decision would be a big step.If not back to normal, I think she would become..."functional" for want of a better word very quickly.

Melody wanted a normal life for here self with a loving and caring family. She blew it. Miles took her in. Gave her love and the chance to be apart of a family. But what did she choose to do? She lied,she cheated and went out with Mathew and got drunk. She told Annie that she was to young and inmature. That may be the case. But she is the one young and inmature. She chose to act like that. She chose to take the drugs. Mathew never held a gun at her head and forced her. She chose to do it. Melody now needs to face the consiquences of what she has done. :ph34r:

Melody wanted a normal life for here self with a loving and caring family. She blew it. Miles took her in. Gave her love and the chance to be apart of a family. But what did she choose to do? She lied,she cheated and went out with Mathew and got drunk. She told Annie that she was to young and inmature. That may be the case. But she is the one young and inmature. She chose to act like that. She chose to take the drugs. Mathew never held a gun at her head and forced her. She chose to do it. Melody now needs to face the consiquences of what she has done. :ph34r:

I agree that she needs to face the consequences of her actions but to what end? The whole point of facing the consequences is that she learns life lessons and handles situations more appropriately the next time. There is no point in the consequences being so severe that she is so damaged that she can never benefit from the lessons. What is the point of that? Some sort of society revenge? The consequences need to limited in severity so that they are suffucient to teach lasting lessons but hopefully not cause lasting damage. That is where her "parents" and friends have a role in my opinion.

I agree that she needs to face the consequences of her actions but to what end? The whole point of facing the consequences is that she learns life lessons and handles situations more appropriately the next time. There is no point in the consequences being so severe that she is so damaged that she can never benefit from the lessons. What is the point of that? Some sort of society revenge? The consequences need to limited in severity so that they are suffucient to teach lasting lessons but hopefully not cause lasting damage. That is where her "parents" and friends have a role in my opinion.

Melody needs to look everyone in the eyes and see the hurt and anger that she has caused everyone. Melody has turned her back on her family and friends. Melody needs to suffer the way that they would suffer. :lol:

Melody needs to look everyone in the eyes and see the hurt and anger that she has caused everyone. Melody has turned her back on her family and friends. Melody needs to suffer the way that they would suffer. :lol:

Again I ask to what purpose? :wink:

Let Melody suffer the way that they will suffer. Sure it was Kane that drove into the building but Melody was still under the influence of drugs. A softly,softly approch want work. Give her counsilling. But from behind bars.

Let Melody suffer the way that they will suffer. Sure it was Kane that drove into the building but Melody was still under the influence of drugs. A softly,softly approch want work. Give her counsilling. But from behind bars.

The record of gaols in rehabilitating people is less than impressive!! Perhaps Melody does need to be removed from society for a time but I believe a gaol would be the worst place to send her.

Edited by john003au