Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I don't know, guys... I think her character can be quite annoying! ^_^ but she's still a sweet person, she's young and yeah, many young people can relate to her, I think. But she also have a crazy mother, so who can blame her?

You're right she is annoying, but she's also likeable in a lot of ways. It's funny how much she and Nicole are alike - they both have terrible mothers, they both fell for Geoff, they both felt lost at one point or another, they both got involved in the wrong kind of guy (Elliot/Matthew). Yet Melody seems to draw a lot more hatred than Nicole. To me Melody is like a normal girl, like millions in schools all over the world, whereas Nicole is more of a pretty, popular type who gets what she wants most of the time - which isn't very easy to relate to most people. Maybe viewers just prefer the escapism of Nicole, to the reality of Melody.

Edited by DinerLandlord

People can relate to Melody, she likes a guy who doesnt like her back (just as a friend). She gets jealous and tries to break Nicole and Geoff up. Jealously is a powerful emotion. I guess in a way Mel felt rejected. She was rejected and treated badly by her mother, she was craving for love and attention and Geoff offered her that. Now he's with Nicole she thinks Geoff wont give her that. Although I kinda do feel sorry for her if all this rellious behaviour is due to the fact that Axel's sexually assulted her its kinda strange. She got counselling sessions and look at Aden he was abused far longer than Mel and he also had counselling sessons now he's all better. I think Melody is a little lost at the moment and needs guidance. Some of you people need to be compassionate towards this character. Melody is a representation of reality. There are people like her out there (in society) or some people can relate to her some way or another. Yes I agree she shouldnt have taken drugs, thats a big no no! and she shouldnt have locked the door at the formal.

Comparing Melody's recovery with Aden's is a bit of a two-edged sword.Firstly, the speed of both of Aden's recovery was just ridiculous and having Melody still messed up is probably more realistic. Secondly, even though Aden's supposed to be a good guy now, he was doing everything Melody did for a long time, taking drugs and pulling dangerous stunts.After all, he was the one making a nuisance of himself at the formal last year.Thirdly, Melody's condition may have been triggered by the assault but as Rachel said when she first made the break from Christine she was subjected to psychological abuse for years beforehand.Fourthly, Aden's always had Belle to lean on whereas Melody was relying on Geoff only for him to decide he loved someone else.Maybe if she hadn't given up the counselling she wouldn't have ended up on such a downward spiral and it's a bit annoying that no-one seems to have even tried to persuade her to go back.

Melody looked pretty scared tonight, I wonder if the drugs have worn off enough that she's aware of what happened? She still seemed pretty spacey when Nicole was calling out to her.

The way Jai put it, makes it sound much more like Melody is at fault, then the original impression, I wonder if everyone will take the same stance?

I just watched yesterday's episode now and I was going into it expecting Melody to be doing the old 'feeling sorry for herself' routine throughout the episode. She does have a tendency to do that when things aren't going her way. And from the discussion for this episode I was expecting worse than her usual behaviour. But I actually found her scenes to be quite realistic for someone in her position. I feel that everything is finally sinking in for her and she's starting to realise the magnitude of her actions, and she is feeling extremely guilty for it. And she was showing alot more consideration for people here. I thought she was being geniune. Yeah the 'you must really hate me' line can sound really pathetic when people say it but thats usually the first thing that a person thinks when they feel like they've hurt someone. Another thing that showed me how knowing what she has done as made her more considerate was her going to Aden to ask how Belle was. I remember that scene last year when Ruby mentioned Belle was coming home from the hospital and she said that Belle deserved it and wouldn't even have been there if she didn't cheat on Angelo. That's certainly alot different then the girl I saw today. She's showing alot more remorse. I have to say, even though I love her character, I was expecting her to do that thing she's been doing for some time now, when she's busted pretend she's sorry and play on Miles good nature. But for me she felt really geniuine. Infact it's one of the first times in a long time I thought she was being genuine. For me Melody is the perfect example of what can happen when a good person becomes troubled and ends up making too many bad mistakes in the progress. And sometimes it takes something as big their actions hurting people to finally get the wake up call they need. And I feel thats whats happening with Melody.

I'm not sure about Bartlett's reasoning for expelling her as well. I was convinced that she would get suspended for her behaviour, but not expelled. His thoughts on her being better off starting of at a new school, I don't get that. Melody isn't someone who makes friends easily, how is she going to be better off in place surrounded by strangers? Isn't being surrounded by friends who care about her and want to see her get better the better option. Bartlett's decision feels more like one a principal makes to please the parents/students who wouldn't be too happy about Melody returning to the school. And is pawning it off as whats best for her.

Yeah I agree Australian schools are full of drugs, like other countries but still its not like Melody was going to keep taking the drug, it was just experimenting. I dont think she should be punished for that. I like the upcoming storyline in Melbourne homeless people living on the streets is very real in soceity, I'm happy about how home and away is conveying issues in soceity such as abuse, acoholism, sexual assult, dealing with loss, idenitiy faud.