Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

Celeste has been fanatstic. I have been gobsmacked by some of the judgemental reactions to Melody, or maybe I should not be as after all a lot of folk are pretty shallow and are not bothered about why someone behaves like they do or about their suffering etc... they just sit in judgement and make judgements on a superficial level. Melody has been a different sort of character, who has broken the mould. Its not been the usual formulaic bad kid comes good story for her. Its been the one where its the good kid who is totally lost, and thefore does the bad kid bit before coming back to the good kid bit. I dont think they have done that before. Celeste has been amazing showing all sorts of levels of confusion as she adjusts to having to deal with the real world without her horrendously controlling mother. Its been powerful stuff and I figure from the comments that a lot of folk have not understood it, which is sad as there are kids like Mel all over the place.

I am sorry to hear she is going as it would have been good to have seen her grow some more now that she and Miles have reached an understanding and she has turned the corner. I hope the ending is a positive one for her. She is going to be missed.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's leaving now.

:(

I'm so mad about this.From the look of the spoilers she goes back to her mother who has never shown any remorse.I feel like the months of defending her has been for nothing.And she won't get her happy ending with Archie.I can't believe she leaves Miles who cared enough to go to Melbourne and find her.

Moan over.I feel better now!

I can't believe she leaves, along with Charlie and Angelo she's pretty much the only character I like and care about. She had so much potential as a character and I would have love to have seen her grow. I can't beleive the duller than dishwater teen group we're stuck with now, I mean Jai has his moments but other than that they have absolutely no depth. Melody was the one teen who had issues which she was only just begining to deal with and now she's leaving

:angry: .

I'm just utterly furious that such a good character has been wasted and is being written out like this.I thought Melbourne would be about bringing her into the fold but instead they're just rendering months of storylines meaningless.I'm really hoping this is just going to be another temporary departure and she's going to turn up in a few months saying it didn't work out, however irrational that might be of me.What happened to her being permanent?

Sadly i'm guessing it come down to looks.Remember Kit?Another good character ruined.I know Dan said she gets a happy ending,and yes it's true that the aim of fostering is to reunite familys as much as possible,but i just don't buy that Melody would forgive the type of abuse she suffered for 15 yrs in a heartbeat.Especially when we've seen the damage it's caused her.I don't care what Christine's excuse is.Really bad writing in a bid to quickly get rid of her imo.

Sadly i'm guessing it come down to looks.Remember Kit?Another good character ruined.I know Dan said she gets a happy ending,and yes it's true that the aim of fostering is to reunite familys as much as possible,but i just don't buy that Melody would forgive the type of abuse she suffered for 15 yrs in a heartbeat.Especially when we've seen the damage it's caused her.I don't care what Christine's excuse is.Really bad writing in a bid to quickly get rid of her imo.

I suspected that, but didn't want to say it. Sadly I think looks do play a large part in how female characters are cast in H&A. Its like the producers are most concerned with pandering to the type of viewers whose attitude towards a character they like is something like this for example: "OMG I LUV RUBY LOL! SHE IS SO PRETTY N STYLISH 4EVA!!!"

I'm not saying Celeste isn't a nice-looking girl, but she isn't the typical, perfectly pretty and tanned type of girl that usually gets cast in the show.

I think I have to agree with the above posts. I mean Celeste is an amazing actress, Melody is a wonderful, layered character and she gets axed. Whereas we have average actors with bland, dull characters to boot who have been kept on presumably because they look 'hot'.

I actually think Celeste is beautiful, not conventionally pretty in the blonde hair, tanned kind of way but beautiful none the less.

I've loved her portrayal of a broken, emotionally unstable teenager trying to figure out who she is. One thing I have hated though is the way she was blamed for the formal disaster, I mean she locked a door! That is all. The way people like Nicole have been going on about it you'd think she'd commited mass murder. I blame the idiot who booked a hall with no emergency exits and left a padlock on the only exit. I also hate the way she has so often been dismissed as another teenager going through a rebellious stage. Kirsty was a teenager going through a rebellious stage, so was Mattie. Melody was psychologically abused, probably from as far back as she can remember and had almost no experience of a 'normal' life. It just astounded me that Aden got so much sympathy, even when he tried to kill his father, while Melody has been ostracised.

I have to say I'm rather shocked at the amount of posts saying 'its bad writing' etc.

Not to mention the accusations of Seven axing her because she's not pretty.

That is the problem with spoilers, people jump on them and judge and complain about the episodes before they've even seen them.

Additionally, can we try and cut down on the amount of spoilers in this thread as its starting to make the thread redundant. Please try as much as you can to discuss spoilers in the Spoiler section.