Melody Jones - Celeste Dodwell

Dean

She didn't lock the doors so nobody could escape- there was nothing to escape from when she locked them. It was actually quite a pointless thing to do because all they would have had to do is call someone to come and open them (and I'm sure Bartlett or someone had a key.) The idea of charging someone a giving them a criminal record for what Melody did is ridiculous. She locked a door! Even smoking the dope isn't sufficient enough to get you a criminal record, most police would give you a warning.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that there is a charge that can be laid on Melody for what she did, although perhaps a possession charge or something like that. Kane will most likely be charged with negligent driving, although it did not seem like he was speeding. In NSW the speed limit is 50 in urban areas and 100 in rural/country roads when there is no signage. In the pitch black night, I doubt I would have expected to see someone just standing very still in the middle of the road.

Did we actually see Melody lock the doors?And if so, how?If one careless act by one off-her-head fifteen-year-old can potentially endanger people's lives, they were probably breaking safety regulations anyway.(Were there any fire exits?That'll impress the investigators...)If Kane was incapable of seeing someone standing in the middle of the road until it was too late, then he was probably going too fast for that road in that visibility:Not speeding necessarily but not showing enough "hazard awareness" and he could well face culpable driving charges.I guess we'll have to wait and see how much locking the doors affected things.Knowing disaster cliffhangers, the whole thing'll probably result in a couple of broken bones, a few minor burns and everyone else just getting soot on their face and their hair messed up.

As for the drug possession, Melody is a minor and it was her first offence.If she had a ton of drugs on her or was a persistent offender, she might end up with a fine but a few grams is unlikely to get her more than a warning.

I can't see that a charge of "locking the hall doors which might potentially be dangerous should there be an accident" would stick in any court I know of. :P

It might in a Summer Bay court! :D

Hehe. I think Mel should just get a warning and a lot of counseling. Perhaps VIP treatment at a retreat.

It was said in the TV Week for the finale, I do believe.

Hang on, so we're all saying Melody's guilty because of publicity material(which can be unreliable) rather than what happened in the show?Isn't that a spoiler at best?

Anyway, question stands:How exactly did she do it?The only explanations I can think of is that either there was a conveniently situated bolt on the doors or someone left a key and/or padlock in the door or Melody brought a padlock with her.In any case, someone should have been responsible for making sure that the exits were clear in the event of an emergency and obviously wasn't doing their job.