Character/Actor Appreciation

Guest Eli

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol your guess is as good as ours. :P I think it will be staying for the time being but we will be reviewing it on a regular basis to see how it goes and if we feel the time is right to lift it we will let you know.

I hope thats enough of an answer you your question, as vague as it sounds. :)

We realize that the system doesn't suit everybody, but it was the best way we could think of that would benefit the forum and it's members. People may not know how crazy it got in there before we implemented this system, it wasn't working. We are constantly reviewing and discussing this system and it's no way set in stome just yet because we're continuously making and deciding on minor changes which we will outline once we've come to agreement :)

I remember what it was like before the changes Cerise, but with all due respect to the staff it's gone from one extreme to the other. I've just posted (subject to approval) a comment in there because it was something I felt strongly about, but my own opinion is that the current system is unwelcoming.

I can understand the reasoning behind the change, but I suspect their might be a touch of 'victim of unintended consequence' happening.

Just my own opinion and no offense intended to the staff who do a great job.

I agree it’s been dead lately. Quite a few of the appreciation/deprecation threads were quite active towards the end so I’m guessing most of those posters feel intimidated by the changes.

At first I couldn’t really understand what the fuss was about but when I went through some of the older archive threads I can now see where the moderators are coming from. It’s a no win situation.

I was just about to send someone (I hadn't worked out who yet) a complaint for deleting the old threads... then I saw the archive. :rolleyes: I'm very glad they weren't all deleted, esp the Emily Perry thread. I spent SO much time in there back in the day chatting to Rabs, Laurz, Chris, Andy etc... so yeah, thank you SO much for keeping all the old threads.

Archived