Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i am planning on coming back to it once i've finished my other one which will have about 4 ,but possibly more depending on what i decide to do with it, more chapters. the annoying thing about this one is that once i write the next chapter the couple after that are already written so i may even get round to doing it before i finish my other one, i'll just have to see how much time i have. I'm gonna aim to get both of them done before i go to uni in two weeks but i'm doubting that will be possible!

So in short, no i haven't abandoned it and hopefully it won't be too long before i come back to it! lol :D

Firstly, i am VERY sorry about the long wait... i got distracted with my other fic, but to make up for it, i plan on having the following two chapters up over tonight and tomorrow depending on how many people read or comment... (hint hint, lol)

Story Summary:

Set after OC but Larry has died, Aden tried to kill himself with pills but survived, Belle broke up with him and then he tried to get her back and succeeded. Aden had dinner with Belle, Irene and Annie and ended up telling them about his grandfather although Annie didn't understand and was quite horrible to him. Roman, Nicole and Geoff were still missing and the search was about to be discontinued but Aden stepped in for someone so it could continue. Drew returned to visit Leah but Belle didn't want him to find out about her and Aden until Aden was back so told Colleen that they had broken up who then spread it around the town. R, N and G were found but there was a storm coming in and a disturbing message from the last radio transmission from the boat which i will include at the beginning of this chapter for you to remember!

I hope that helps!

Chapter 9.

"Come on!" a male voice pleaded.

"Any luck Tony?" a younger male's voice came out sounding frantic and scared..

"No, can you go and look after Nicole, i'll keep trying." There was a pause where all that could be heard was the rain and the crashing of the waves. Obviously conditions were tough. "1 2 3 4 5" Tony's voice came again.

"Tony, he was under the water for a really long…"

ON THE BOAT

"Tony, he was under water for a really long time!"

"I know Geoff!" Tony said getting frustrated at Geoff's stating the obvious. "Just go and help Nicole."

Geoff did as he was told and Tony turned to focus all of his attention on trying to revive Aden.

"Come on, Aden," Tony told him continuing his compressions.

"What's happening?" a frantic Nicole came hurrying over to see Aden and her face looked horrified as she saw that Tony was trying to revive him. "He's not breathing!"

"Stand back with Geoff, Nicole," Tony commanded as he leant in to give mouth to mouth to Aden. He repeated this and the compressions three times before Aden regained consciousness.

Aden opened his eyes to see a man leaning over him and immediately pushed him off and scrambled to his feet, which was a lot harder than he thought it would be, as he coughed out large amounts of water and began to choke whilst trying to yell, "What were you doing?"

Geoff reached out a hand for him but he flinched away, "Don't touch me!" he screamed.

Tony was looking at Aden as he seemed to be absolutely terrified of something and he had know idea what it could be. "Aden," he started softly, "...you weren't breathing, i had to revive you."

Aden looked really confused and upset as he tried to remember the events. "What happened?" he asked, his voice trembling, as everyone stared at him wondering why he was acting so oddly; only Roman realising what was actually causing Aden's behaviour. Aden seemed to be the only one oblivious to the fact that he was shaking and it was obviously not from the cold.

"You tried to be a hero, Aden," Tony told him sternly.

"…and you succeeded," Geoff told him. "Thank you for saving me, I would be dead right now if it wasn't for you."

Aden ran a hand through his hair as he remembered what had happened. They had found Roman, Geoff and Nicole all together on the beach of a small Island. Elliot was with them but Roman had tied him to a rock. Both men looked severely injured although Roman looked like he had regained more strength than Elliot had. Geoff and Nicole looked fairly ill from the cold and hunger. They had loaded the castaways onto the boat and headed back to shore but the storm had hit them faster than they had anticipated.

Aden remembered the sky going dark and the clouds open up as an enormous amount of rain began to fall. The boat was being rocked and this was extremely dangerous weather to be traveling in but there was little they could do about it. When a particularly violent wave had hit the boat, Geoff had fallen overboard. Aden saw what had happened and without thinking; had grabbed some rope; tied it quickly around himself and around something on the boat and dived in after Geoff. He managed to catch Geoff who was just managing to stay afloat. Geoff climbed up the rope but when he had reached the boat, the rope around Aden's middle had loosened and he disappeared under the water. Geoff shouted for help; knowing it would be stupid to dive back in and begin a vicious circle. Roman saw what had happened and did the same as Aden except that he made sure the rope couldn't be loosened, his ability from his skills from the army helping this. He managed to bring Aden up to the boat but Aden had been lost underwater for some time which is when Tony and Geoff had started trying to revive him.

"Any time," Aden said absently; thinking about how foolish he had just looked in front of everyone and cursing inwardly at the fact he had freaked out. Geoff actually laughed softly at his reply.

The storm had died down a bit as the captain came out of the cabin, "Is everyone alright?"

Tony looked around at everyone, "Yeah, everyone's accounted for."

"Thank God," the captain replied. "Let's go home. I've managed to re-establish radio contact so if one of you wants to let your friends and family know you're on your way back?"

"I will," Tony volunteered and went to pick up the radio where Irene and the others were waiting impatiently. "Hello?"

"Tony?" Irene asked.

"Yes it's me."

"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, everyone's okay and we should be home shortly. We'll tell you about it when we get there."

Irene breathed a sigh of relief, as did everyone else in the surf club.

Belle was reading a magazine in the living room of the beach house trying to distract herself from Annie's annoying fidgeting; until Irene brought Geoff home. Annie went running up to hug him.

"Annie," Geoff said hugging his sister tightly. "I missed you!"

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Annie told him sincerely.

"Only thanks to Aden," Geoff said, looking at Belle, as Annie pulled back from him.

Belle put down the magazine she was no longer reading, "What?"

"He saved my life, Belle," Geoff told her and then told her how Aden had become the hero of the rescue.

Belle hated that for the tiniest moment; part of her thought that Aden might have jumped in after Geoff because he had wanted to get lost under the waves. Inside, she scolded herself, she knew he wouldn't do that to her now; but she couldn't help that the thought had crossed her mind.

"Where is he now?" Belle asked Geoff, putting a genuine wide smile on her face, as he finished telling her what had happened.

"I think he went to the surf club with Roman to see Alf," Geoff told her, "…but we stopped by the diner on the way back and Coleen was there."

Belle's smile dropped off her face.

"She started going on about how she was sorry it hadn't worked out between you two, or something like that," Geoff explained. "He looked pretty upset."

Irene gave Belle an 'I told you so' look.

"I have to go," Belle said; knowing that she had to find Aden before any more damage could be done.

Archived