Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reallly wanted to finish this fic before i left but i just haven't had the time, i'm away until thursday which will give me plenty of time to write so i'll try and upload some more then before i go away again from friday to sunday.

i was going to switch the order of the chapters so i could leave you with a big cliffhanger but that would have meant you didn't get Irene's reaction to Aden so i decided against it.

Here's some hints as to what will be happening.

When Aden takes a trip, who will come back to the bay to steal his girlfriend?

AND...

What will Aden find out that will mean is whole life has been a lie?

Just raed the last few chapters.

I think you handled them getting back together really well. It didn't feel rushed or like she was giving in to him because she felt sorry for him. Instead it truly felt like she wanted him back solely because of her feeings for him.

Aden trying to suck up with his many compliments for Irene was funny. It's also good to see him putting hat much effort in trying to get along with her for Belle's sake.

This last chapter was amazing. I know he is going all out trying to get along with them but his reaction to Annie's question about why he used to act that way was very realistic. I'm glad he found the courage to tell Irene and Annie. I hate that Annie seem to think that it is his fault but once again I feel like it is a very realistic reaction from someone like her. And what's really sad is that I bet thats his biggest fear, thinking that it is his fault.

Sorry it's been so long, and sorry it's so short but i haven't had as much time as i thought i would. thanks for all the comments again, i really appreciate them, so i hope you enjoy this short installment, it should get a bit more exciting soon as this is mostly filler.

Chapter 6

Irene was coming down the stairs as Belle and Aden re-entered the house, holding hands, from the back.

Irene was shocked and saddened by what Aden had told them; but more than anything she was angry at herself. She had had so much experience with kids, yet for some reason she had chosen to believe that Aden was just a horrible bully and had no real reason for behaving the way he did. Admittedly she had seen a change in him over the past few months since he moved in with Roman but really she always thought that he would eventually go back to his old ways.

With the new information she had been given; she felt, for the first time, that she might be able to understand him now, even get on with him. It was a sad fact that Aden had to tell her something which was obviously very personal and hard to do before she was able to see the Aden that Belle saw.

"I'm sorry about Annie," she told Aden apologetically, "She's gone to bed now but I don't think she really understood what you were saying…"

"It's…um… okay," Aden replied timidly; shrugging his shoulders lightly. "Belle's talked to me and I can understand why she reacted the way she did," he added; nodding his head whilst taking his hand out of Belle's to put both in his pockets self consciously.

Irene gave a sideways questioning glance at Belle who returned a weak smile. Irene was unsure what to say next as the silence had turned slightly awkward.

"Anyway…" she started. "We've still got that dessert you brought if you're hungry?"

Aden smiled, "Yeah, that'd be great." He and Belle moved to sit back at the table as Irene fetched the dessert.

As Irene put the dessert on the table she turned to Aden, "Aden… I just want you to know that I'm very sorry for what happened to you and I realise that it took a lot of courage to open up to us and I'm very grateful you did."

Aden looked slightly taken aback, "Thank you, Irene. Believe it or not that actually means a lot."

Irene smiled and took a seat, "Right then guys, dig in."

Aden and Belle shared a glance and a smile before dipping their spoons.

They'd just finished eating when the phone rang; it was Alf.

"…any news?" Irene asked hopefully.

"'fraid not, love," came the reply. "Irene, I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but since they've been missing for so long we need a certain amount of men helping each day to keep the funding coming…"

"…and?" Irene asked.

"…someone's dropped out for tomorrow and I can't find a replacement so the search won't be able to continue."

"What?" Irene exclaimed angrily.

"I'm sorry, Irene, but there's more, the people funding the rescue are saying that if we don't find them by the end of the week then they're pulling the money."

Irene was speechless as Belle and Aden looked form Irene to each other and then back again.

"What's he saying?" Belle asked worriedly.

Irene held a hand over the mouthpiece so Alf couldn't hear her as he jabbered on about how sorry he was.

"They've lost a man from tomorrow's search so they can't do it… Alf can't find a replacement either," she sighed.

"I'll do it," Aden said immediately.

Irene was shocked but admiring of Aden's determined state.

"Are you sure?" she asked him.

"Yes, I want to be able to help."

Irene smiled at him, "Alf… Alf… ALF!!!"

"What?"

"I've just found you, your replacement!"

Hey!!

Just read all of this fic from the start.

And i loveeeeeee it.

Loved Aden Drunk.

And awwww. Adelle got back together.

THe Adelle dinner as friends was awww.

And Aden told Irene and Annie everything.

Awwww. It was brave of Aden to tell Irene/Annie.

AWwww. Fantastic fic.

Cant wait for moreee.

Keep up the great work.

Loveeeee

Jess

xoxo

Another short but full of fluff Adelle chapter. Thanks for coments, more exciting stuff in next couple of chapters.

Chapter 7.

“Be careful, okay?” Belle said to Aden as she held onto his waist whilst he stroked her cheek with his thumb.

He pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, “Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be fine… and we’re going to bring them home,” Aden told her confidently.

“Just make sure you bring yourself home too…” Belle told him looking worriedly into his eyes, “…if those waters get rough…”

“Belle,” Aden said firmly whilst cupping her other cheek with his other hand. He looked her right in the eye, “You have nothing to worry about, okay?”

Belle let out a tiny sigh, “Yeah.”

Aden leant in to give her a soft kiss and moved his hands to take hold of hers. She let them loose and placed her hands round his torso forcing him to hug her tightly.

Aden clung on tightly as she wanted; taking in her scent and wishing they could stay that way forever.

“Belle, I have to go now,” Aden told her.

“One more minute,” came her muffled reply as her head was buried into the crevice of his shoulder.

Aden chuckled and manually took her arms off of him, “Sorry, Babe, but I really have to go.

As Belle came out of her embrace she gave Aden a huge smile.

“What’s that for?” he asked her kind of amused at her childish expression.

“Nothing… it’s just, that’s the first time you’ve ever called me something like that,” she told him embarrassedly.

“What?”

“…babe.”

“…you didn’t like it?” he asked her, the smile temporarily vanishing from his features.

Her smile made him quickly resume his own, “Yeah, I just… I don’t know, it seems like we’re moving forward in our relationship,” Belle explained.

“…and that’s good right?”

“No,” Belle’s reply knocked Aden off his stride, “It’s great,” she added and Aden gave her a cheeky grin.

“ADEN!” Alf called angrily interrupting the couple’s happy banter.

Aden turned to look at him, “I’m just coming,” he told him before turning back to Belle.

“Okay, babe, now I do really have to go,” Aden said hurriedly.

“One more kiss…” Belle begged.

Aden gladly complied before turning and starting to board the boat.

“I love you,” Belle called.

Aden turned around, “I love you too.”

Archived