Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

Wow that was amazing.

Aden's nightmares are horrifying. No wonder he doesn't want to sleep. Love that Belle didn't give him a hard time for not going for his councilling sessions and her reaction once he told her about the nightmare.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to have been some confusion… I’ve read that a lot of you seem to think that Aden is yours??? I’m not quite sure why you’d think that because I know for a fact he is MINE! I even have the receipt to prove it so I wouldn’t question it anymore!

This chapter kind of got away from me and i didn't realise how long it was.

Warning: Racy fluff (i think that's what i'd call it, lol) and hints at sex. Actually it's probably scenes of a sexual nature. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 17.

Belle awoke with a start and lifted her head to look at the digital clock on her nightstand, the time read 11.45 and she knew she’d been awake at 11.30 so she’d been asleep less than fifteen minutes. She looked at Aden and saw him tossing and turning; his eyelids fluttering, he was clinging to the duvet they were sharing so tightly. Belle was heartbroken looking at him, he had been released pretty much straight away from the hospital and Belle had commanded he spend the night with her. She wanted to make sure he slept but looking at him now, she wasn’t surprised he had been fighting it.

She took the duvet from off of him and placed one hand on his chest as she pushed herself up onto her side to look down on him. She wasn’t sure if it would be a good idea but she needed to have some control of him so she took one moving arm and held it down. She made her move quickly from this and leant towards Aden. She whispered in his ear, “Its okay… you’re okay… I’m here… you’re safe now… no one can hurt you…”

Aden’s form went slightly limp as he muttered, “Belle?” in his sleep.

“Yeah, it’s me Aden, you’re alright,” Belle told him sadly. She could only imagine how horrible this must be for him.

Still asleep Aden turned on to his side and Belle allowed herself to be pulled close to him as he wrapped his arms around her. The truth was that he made Belle feel loved and safe by doing this just as much as him self and Belle was so grateful that she could save him, even a just a small amount, from his pain.

They awoke in the same position in the morning.

It was about a week later and a busy Friday evening at the diner. By this time in the week no one could be bothered to make food at home so they tended to have more customers which meant Irene, Roman, Aden and Belle were all required to work.

Belle was in the kitchen preparing a salad when she felt a hand slide into her back jean pocket and warm breath on her neck as a hand came round her right side putting a plate on the counter as a voice whispered right in her ear, “No mayo.”

Belle felt the corners of her mouth twitch as she tried to restrain her smile, they were at work now and they were supposed to behave professionally. So why did she feel like a hormonal teenager?

“Aden, what are you doing?”

“Me?” Aden answered nonchalantly. “I’m not doing anything…” he told her a he slid his other hand into her front jean pocket and kissed her neck.

Belle let herself melt into it until she realised where they were, “Aden, we can’t do this!” she told him firmly as she forcefully removed his hands from her jeans.

Aden smirked as he immediately put them back in, “That’s not what you said last night.”

Belle couldn’t help the huge grin that had spread across her face as she once again removed his hands and turned to face him, but this time she put them back in her back pockets; making the gap between them increasingly smaller.

“…and it’s not what I’ll say tonight either…” Belle said seductively as she placed her arms around his neck and reached up to kiss him on the lips which he leant down to gratefully receive.

Neither of them noticed their bosses stood in the entrance to the kitchen watching their ‘make out’ session until Roman coughed and the couple broke apart.

“Oh, sorry Roman… Irene,” Belle said apologetically.

“Yeah, sorry,” Aden also said although he couldn’t stop smiling at Belle who couldn’t help but smile back and she knew that even with Roman and Irene present she wouldn’t really care if Aden jumped on her right then and there, but she did have a voice in her head that was screaming at her how inappropriate that would be. Her ID and Superego were fighting it out and eventually her ego caught on and she settled herself with placing Aden’s hand in her back pocket and putting her own in his; causing Aden to smile as it was a gesture that neither Roman or Irene could see because Aden and Belle were stood so close next to each other facing the ‘adults’ of the situation.

“Look guys,” Roman started, obviously trying to be firm but with the undeniable edge of amusement, “…if you’re not going to behave professionally at work I’m going to have to make sure you’re on separate shifts from now on.”

“…and that’s more work than either of us can be bothered to do,” Irene said even though she was also finding the whole scene rather sweet. She had never seen Belle look so happy… or Aden for that matter.

“We’ll behave professionally from now on,” Aden told them as his hand squeezed slightly and Belle’s hand squeezed back and both of them had to restrain a laugh.

“Is there something we’re missing here, guys?” Irene asked, using her intuition, and the similar look the young adults were sharing, to figure out there was something going on.

“No,” Aden and Belle said at the same time as they both removed their hands and ended up holding onto each other’s between them.

Roman could tell the couple wanted to be together, “It’s not too busy out there now, so why don’t you two take your break now?”

“Sure,” Aden said and before Belle could reply he was leading her out of the kitchen and out of the diner.

Once outside Aden took her round the corner of the building where no people bothered to go. Belle allowed Aden to place her with her back against the wall. She put her arms round his neck as he placed his hands on her waist. The two put their heads together for a second and just felt the warm air emanating between them. Belle felt her breathing quicken just because of how close she was to him.

She used one of her hands to bring his head towards her and she kissed him, gently at first, and they broke apart as she felt him place kisses on her neck and then she felt them travel down as his hand squeezed her waist. She pulled him back from her and kissed him again, this time more passionately and the kiss lasted for minutes, occasionally breaking because the couple had to let loose how excited they were by short breaths used to release the feeling of anticipation of what was to come. Belle took her hand from Aden’s neck and placed it underneath his T-shirt, she so badly wanted to take it off and see the outline of his muscles. Aden broke apart from her a centimeter and whispered in her ear, “Do it.”

Belle didn’t need telling twice as she lifted Aden’s T-shirt off over the top of his head as he stopped for a second to help her. But a second was too long and, after dropping his T-shirt on the floor, Belle pulled Aden back towards her and he again began to place kisses on her neck, as she tilted her head back in pleasure. She was grateful it was getting dark as this would not have been a good sight for people to see, not that she cared right now as Aden’s hand had found it’s way to her flies and had undone the button at the top.

“Somewhere private,” Belle breathed trying; to convey to Aden that they needed to move.

“Where…?” Aden breathed in response never moving more than an inch from Belle’s skin.

“My car… it’s under… the trees…no one… will… be able… to see…” Belle told Aden brokenly as his hand had begun to creep up her top.

“Okay,” Aden whispered and lifted Belle’s legs to hold on to his waist as he carried her in the direction of the car.

Belle fished out her keys, allowing Aden to keep his hands roaming, and unlocked the door.

Aden opened the door to the back seat and placed Belle on it before climbing in on top of her and realising how little room there was, not that he cared. He skillfully closed the door with his foot.

“Where are Aden and Belle?” Roman exclaimed back in the diner. “They’ve been gone twenty minutes and their breaks only meant to be fifteen! We’re getting busier out there.”

“I’ll go and look for them,” Irene told him, also wondering where they’d gotten too.

“Irene!” Roman shouted, unhappy that he’d just lost another one of his staff.

“I’ll be back in a minute, Roman, don’t worry,” Irene told him calmingly as she left the diner.

“Well that was…” Aden searched to find the right word. “…interesting.”

“Yep, never done that before,” Belle laughed as she put her clothes back on.

They both got out of the car wearing particularly pleased expressions.

“Aden, where’s you’re T-shirt?” Belle asked him.

Aden looked shocked and then laughed, “It’s over there,” he indicated to where she had taken it off of him.

“Come on then, we better go back inside, I think we’re late,” Belle told him dragging him by the hand.

On the way, Aden bent down to pick his T-shirt up and was just about to put it back on when Irene walked around the corner.

“Hey, Irene,” Belle said.

“Yeah, hey, Irene,” Aden said nervously, realising he had no good excuse as to why he was topless.

Irene looked confused, “Where have you two been? You were due back five minutes ago?”

“Sorry, we got caught up,” Belle said, restraining a laugh as she saw Aden fiddling with his T-shirt but not putting it back on.

Irene looked him up and down, “…and why are you shirtless, Aden?”

“Uh…” Aden dithered, “I’m just airing my chest.”

“…airing you’re chest?” Irene said and folded her arms now placing an amused expression on her face. Of course she knew what the couple had been doing but it was good to watch him squirm.

“Yeah, when you’re a man…” Aden told her stupidly, “…it’s good to… air it… sometimes… at dusk…”

“It’s not dusk anymore, it’s dark now, Aden,” Irene told him taking enormous pleasure from his reactions as she and Belle shared knowing glances and Belle tried to stop her laughter.

Aden tried to think of a response, “Yeah, well… it’s good to do it for a long time… otherwise it’s kind of pointless…”

“Pointless?” Irene said; obviously intrigued, “So what is the ‘point’ of ‘airing’ your chest anyway?”

Belle had no idea how Irene was keeping a straight face, it was taking all her energy to not burst out laughing. She loved Aden but he could be a complete idiot some of the time.

“Well, it’s to… uh…” Aden couldn’t think of a reply and was shocked when both women could contain their laughter no longer.

“It’s alright, love,” Irene told Aden. “Just put your T-shirt on and come back to work,” she said before walking back into the building.

Aden turned to face Belle as she said; laughing, “…’airing’ your chest? Aden; that is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard!”

“What was I meant to say?” Aden said putting his T-shirt back on.

“…how about nothing?” Belle said. “…she’s not stupid, Aden, she knows what we were doing.”

“…then why didn’t you stop me.”

“Sorry, you made great entertainment,” Belle said with a smirk.

Aden sighed and shook his head.

“Come on,” Belle said putting her hand in his, showing him she didn’t really mean anything by it.

“I love you, you know?” he said to her.

“…even if I humiliate you?”

“Even if you humiliate me,” Aden told her; smiling.

“Then I love you too.”

I hope you enjoyed that!

Next chapter

Who returns from Aden's past?

Racy Fluff. Yeah that definetely describes this chapter perfectly.

airing his chest - that has got to be the most hilarious thing I have read.

Really glad you added Roman and Irene in this chapter.

This chapter was really a much needed break from all the angst so far. Although looking forward to more of that angst.

Loving the racy stuff!! Belle and Aden in her tiny little car...

LMAO at the airing!! I couldn't stop laughing, that was so funny!!

Great update, your writing is always so beautiful :)

The only issue I have with this chapter is at the start, you seem to be under the impression that Aden is yours...I'm really sorry, but he's already taken!! He loves me! :lol:

Update soon :D

Archived