Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really happy to see two new updates.

I knew Belle's lie about their breakup would backfire on her. But really glad that it doesn't look like it did much damage. I loved Aden admitting that he doesn't want to ever loose her.

Good idea making Aden try and find out more about his mother. Really an original idea. Don't think any Adelle/Aden fanfic writers have went in this direction.

Really excited for the next chapter.

Thank you all so much for your comments! I hope you enjoy this next installment...

I'm wondering if any of you can figure out what's going on with Aden??

Chapter 13.

Belle rushed to Aden's side and picked up the phone; putting it to her ear.

"Who's this?" she asked cautiously.

"This is Liz Jefferies, who's this?" the woman asked.

"…my name's Belle Taylor," Belle answered her nervously.

"…and you are?"

Belle thought for a moment about how she should reply, "…I'm Aden's girlfriend."

"Aden?" The woman sounded confused for a second. "…oh my god," she breathed. "…as in my son?" there was a strange sense of hope in her voice that would have made Belle empathise with her, were her eyes not on the shell shocked Aden who was sat with his back against the wall and was staring across the room, not acknowledging Belle's existence next to him.

"…yes," Belle told her simply and without waiting for a reply, hung up the phone. "Are you okay?" she approached Aden and Aden turned to look at her, his eyes starting to brim with tears as he slowly shook his head.

She brought him into her and let him sob into her shoulder until he was ready to talk. He pulled back from her, "…you know what this means?" he said sadly. "…it means that it was pointless… everything I went through… it was because my mum had died!"

"I know," Belle told him soothingly.

"So what was it all for?" Aden shouted across the room. "What happened to her?" Aden allowed himself to question. "Actually, you know what… I don't care what happened to her because she obviously didn't care what happened to me!"

Belle knew this wasn't the time to bring up the fact that his apparent 'mother' had actually sounded excited and happy at the prospect of her son getting in touch with her.

Aden stood up suddenly, "I'm going home."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No," he shouted at her which left Belle taken aback. "I'm sorry… I just… I need some time alone."

Belle nodded and stood up to join him. He gave her a gentle kiss goodbye and walked out the door.

Aden was glad to find Roman's house empty. He walked in to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water before heading upstairs to his room. He lay on his bed just thinking about what his mother being alive meant. It meant that had she stayed; his Dad might not have become a drunk which means his grandfather would never have moved in and he wouldn't have been a victim of one of the worst kinds of abuse inflicted and suffered by humanity. Which means he wouldn't have become what he did, he wouldn't have felt the pain… the shame… the guilt… everyday… for most of his life.

He was exhausted by the day's events and he had fallen asleep with these thoughts running through his head.

He woke up in a cold sweat, shaking violently and crying not long after he had closed his eyes.

It was one week later when Aden and Nicole had gone over to Irene's for an evening to see Belle and Geoff. They hadn't organised it like that, it just kind of happened. Ever since Geoff and Nicole had gotten off the Island; they had been spending more time together. They weren't a couple, but they had become really close friends so when Aden said he was going over to see Belle, Nicole naturally said she'd come with him to see Geoff.

It was unclear how the four of them had actually ended up in the living room joking around. Or rather two of them were joking around whilst the other pair were being fairly cold with one another. Aden was sat on the sofa and although Belle was laid down with her head on his lap, he was pretty much paying her no attention.

"So what was it like on the Island, guys? What did you get up to?" Belle asked with genuine interest.

Geoff and Nicole shared a nervous glance which neither Aden nor Belle missed.

"What?" Belle asked; intrigued.

Nicole looked at Geoff and said pleadingly, "Can't we just tell them?"

"No, Nicole. We both agreed, you know what this means for me," Geoff said; begging to her nervously.

"Wait a second," Belle said incredulously; sussing out what those looks meant from the two younger teenagers. "Did you two sleep together?"

"Yes," Nicole said.

"No," Geoff said at the same time.

Aden laughed, "Woah, bible boy, isn't that against your religion? Didn't know you had it in you!" and he reached down to pat Geoff on the back.

Geoff just glared at him as did Belle who had raised herself from his lap.

"Aden," Belle started angrily, "I would have thought you of all people would understand what sex means to some people."

Aden looked at her in shock; he shook his head and walked out of the house.

Belle closed her eyes in annoyance at herself; that had been way out of line and she knew it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nicole voiced Geoff's thoughts.

"Nothing," Belle told them. She followed Aden out of the house where she knew he'd be waiting outside just to have some time on his own to collect his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Aden," Belle said sincerely.

He didn't look at her but just scoffed and answered sarcastically, "Yeah of course you are."

Belle was starting to get annoyed too now though, "What is going on with you, Aden?"

"What?" Aden shouted at her rhetorically. "You go and say something like that, and now you're questioning me!"

"Yeah, I am, Aden!" Belle said also angrily. "Why won't you talk to me?"

"Talk about what?" he said still sounding mad but in slightly quieter tones.

"Whatever it is that's bothering you," Belle told him trying to place a hand on his shoulder but he moved it out from under her.

"There's nothing bothering me, Belle," he said; finally holding her gaze for longer than a second but wearing a hardened and defensive expression.

"Yes there is," Belle told him outright, "We have done nothing but fight for the last week!"

Aden just shook his head.

Belle decided it was better to try and concentrate on the current argument rather than past ones, "Look, I'm sorry for what I said in there but…" she wasn't sure how he would take her suggestion at the moment. "…well, you told Irene and Annie, maybe you could tell Geoff and Nicole too?"

"What?" Aden lashed out angrily again, "I'll decide who I do and don't tell, Belle, not you!"

"I know that, Aden!" Belle said defensively. "I am just trying to help!"

"Well, I don't need your help!"

"Fine!" Belle shouted at him before leaving him out there on his own.

Aden sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He knew he was being unfair on her but he just didn't want to worry her with the truth. But he also knew that if they didn't stop the constant fighting he might actually lose her.

After contemplating what to do for a few minutes he decided to go back into the house and try and make up with Belle.

Belle saw him come in and moved into the kitchen from where she had been talking to Geoff and Nicole. She waited for him to speak.

"I'm sorry," Aden said sincerely. "I shouldn't have had a go at you like that."

"Yeah, you're right, you shouldn't have," Belle answered him with her arms folded.

Aden sighed, "I hate this too, Belle… all this fighting,"

"Then why?" Belle said more softly unfolding her arms.

"I don't know, I'm just…" Aden stated.

"…tired?" Belle offered. "…you look exhausted."

Aden fidgeted uncomfortably, "Yeah, that's it."

"Well, why don't you stay here tonight?" Belle suggested, "That way you can get a good night's sleep and you get to spend it with me."

Aden gave her a small smile, "I don't know, I really ought to take Nic back, I can't let her go on her own."

Geoff heard the snippet of conversation and chimed in, "It's alright, I'll take her home."

Aden smiled at him weakly before turning his attention back to Belle.

"Please?" she begged. "You haven't stayed over in a week. I miss you."

"Yeah, okay then, I guess," Aden answered her and she moved in to hug him. He placed his arms around her waist and held her tightly as her arms clung around his neck.

"Okay, guys, we're gonna go to bed now," Belle told the other two; walking towards her bedroom and trailing Aden along behind her.

As the couple entered the room Belle immediately went to get changed into her night things as Aden rooted through his drawer to find his stuff. When they were done they both climbed into bed.

Belle propped herself on to her elbow and leaned on her side as she traced a hand seductively over Aden's bare chest, "You know what else we haven't done in a week?"

Aden looked at her hand on his chest and took it in his own before kissing it, "Yeah," he answered, "...but I am really tired, Belle, maybe another time?"

"Uh, yeah sure," Belle said; surprised. She really hadn't been expecting that response. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Belle, seriously," Aden told her confidently.

Belle smiled at him before turning off her lamp light to leave them in complete darkness.

"I love you," he told her quietly.

Belle smiled happily, "I love you too."

Aden turned to face away from Belle and felt her arms wrap around him tightly. When she fell asleep they loosened and after about an hour he turned to face her to watch her sleep.

NEXT CHAPTER:

a rather worrying accident

Sorry it's been a while but i was actually working on the chapter for my other one but since you asked... i just had to! lol. I've just started uni which is why updates might take a while, when things calm down updates should flow more easily but i will try anyway.

Here's a pretty short update as it's quite late but at least it's something. I hope you enjoy it!

Most importantly: thank you to everyone who comments and everyone who reads, it really means a lot, especially if you like it! lol

Chapter.14

“OW!”

Aden jolted out of Belle’s bed feeling severely frightened and looked at the form of his girlfriend clutching a hand to her eye. He realised that he must have hit her somehow and the guilt welled up inside him. How could he have let that happen?

“Did I hurt you?” he asked worriedly; walking to her side of the bed but weary of getting too close.

Belle laughed but upon seeing the terrified expression on Aden’s face she stopped, “… you must have hit me when you turned over,” she told him jokingly; wanting to show that she wasn’t angry with him.

Aden looked horrified.

“It was an accident, okay? Don’t worry about it,” Belle tried to soothe her boyfriend who she now realised looked absolutely awful. She was a lot more worried about him right now which was why she wasn’t letting on just how hard he had hit her. She thought she would probably have a black eye later but that was something she could deal with. The fact that there was something clearly bothering Aden that he was refusing to talk about, she couldn’t.

“That should never have happened,” Aden said; pulling on his jeans then quickly grabbing his T-shirt and shoes and practically running out the door leaving Belle even more worried than before.

Aden walked onto the beach before he put on his T-shirt. He hadn’t realised how cold it was until he sat; crouched on the sand. It was 6.00am and he still had to go back to Roman’s and get ready for school.

Aden couldn’t breathe… he was finding it very hard to deal with what he had done to Belle. To hurt her emotionally was bad enough… but physically? There was no way she could feel safe with him anymore… maybe he should break it off with her; he thought. That would save her more pain… emotional and physical. But he loved her… she had been there for him when he needed her… eventually. Then again, she left him so that he was better off… maybe he should do the same? Aden’s brain was wired with confusion, his thoughts were un-patterned, his actions were flawed, his body wasn’t working and he was only now beginning to realise it… this morning had been a mistake, he had made a slip up, and he was made to pay. He cupped his face in his hands and sighed worriedly.

Aden’s vision was blurred as the many waves of the sea merged into one bleary sight, he had to go home and get ready for school so he tried to stand up. He immediately fell onto the sand as dizziness overcame him. He had just stood up too fast; he raised himself to his feet more slowly this time, using the sand as a support.

He walked back to Roman’s, had a long shower, then got dressed and went to school accompanied by Nicole talking his ear off about Geoff and their night ‘together’ on the Island.

Next chapter

Aden's returns to old habits, but is there a different reason?

Archived