Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three updates in one day cos i haven't given you any in over a week, so i hope you enjoy them. things start to pick up a bit in this chapter.

Chapter 8.

Belle was feeling pretty good about the way things were going for her and Aden, everything seemed like it was on track and he'd been dealing with his problems really well. Although he rarely went into detail about what his counseling sessions were like, he'd mention them occasionally so she'd know he was going. Belle thought that Aden might feel like she still didn't trust him entirely which might have been slightly true but she was definitely starting to more so than before.

She walked into the house just as Irene was hanging up the phone, "Oh, heya darl, how'd it go?"

"Yeah, fine, I have a good feeling about today Irene, I think they're going to find them," Belle said with a smile.

Irene looked at her sympathetically.

"I'm sorry to spoil your mood, love, but that was Leah on the phone."

"…yeah?"

"She wanted to warn you that Drew's in town, visiting her," Irene explained hesitantly.

"Okay," Belle said happily.

"What? You're not gonna go crazy or something?" Irene said; taken aback by Belle's attitude.

"Why would I? Drew and I worked through our issues when he came back the first time, yeah it might be weird seeing him but I don't think it'll really matter in the long run."

Irene nodded her head along with what Belle was saying, "What about when he finds out about you and Aden?"

Belle stopped short, "Ah, do you think maybe we couldn't tell him about that yet?" she suggested.

"Love, everyone in town knows you're dating Aden, Drew's going to find out."

Belle realised something, "Has Leah told him?"

"No, she thought she'd let you do that."

"Good," Belle said absently trying to think of a way that Drew wouldn't find out about her relationship with Aden.

Belle walked into the diner, still trying to concoct a plan when she walked into the answer.

"Sorry colleen, I wasn't watching where I was going," Belle said.

"That's alright pet, at least I didn't have coffee in my hands, ay? Just be more careful in future."

"Sure, I will," Belle said. "Could I get a coffee while I'm here Colleen?"

"Course you can," Colleen said and began making it. "I saw you and young Aden earlier looking quite cosy with each other," Colleen said to Belle conversationally.

"Uh… yeah," and that's when the idea struck her. "Actually Colleen we just broke up, we were sort of saying goodbye, you know?"

Colleen's brow furrowed, "…but you looked so happy? Are you sure you broke up?"

Belle laughed, "Yes, I'm sure. Could you do me a favour and spread that around town. I'm sure you've heard by now that Drew's back in town for a bit, could you try and make sure he doesn't find out that Aden and I were ever together? There's no reason to make the situation more complicated than it has to be."

"Yeah I guess so," Colleen answered sounding a bit miffed and handing over Belle's coffee which she paid for before turning around and nearly walking into Drew.

"Hey Belle," he said charmingly.

"Hi," she answered surprised by the situation not being awkward.

"Do you want to sit down and catch up for a bit?" Drew asked her.

She had nothing better to do, "Sure," she answered and gestured for them to sit at the nearby table.

"So how have you been?" Drew asked first.

"Good, yeah, I quit my job at the paper and have been working here full time now."

"Yeah, Leah told me," Drew replied. "This place is great, it's odd coming back here and not having the old diner around."

"I know what you mean, I kind of miss it even though it's not a person or anything, I think it was because there was so much history there, you know?"

"Yeah."

They talked for another hour before going there separate ways.

Later that day Irene got the phone call everyone had been waiting for. Geoff, Nicole and Roman had all been found and were making there way back at that very moment. Alf's only concern now was that a storm appeared to be heading to the boat's area but he was hopeful they would be able to make it back before it got too bad.

When Belle got in later that night Irene kept looking at her rather sternly.

She eventually gave in, "What?"

"I heard a rumour today that you and Aden had split, do you want to tell me when that happened?"

"We haven't split," Belle said temporarily forgetting what she had done.

"Not according to Colleen Smart."

"Oh," Belle said guiltily.

"What were you thinking, love?"

"That if the town could pretend that Aden and I don't exist together then Drew wouldn't find out."

"Belle… he's going to find out eventually."

"I know, I just want Aden to be here when that is because he's changed a lot since the last time Drew was here and I don't want Drew's opinion to be of me dating the old Aden Jefferies.

"Hmm, I suppose I can see you point," Irene gave in reluctantly.

Just then the phone rang, it was Alf again. Irene just went quiet.

"We have to go to the surf club," Irene told Belle.

"Why?"

"They've lost radio contact with the boat."

"Are you sure you want to hear this you too?" Alf asked Belle and Irene for the umpteenth time.

"Yes, Alf, we told you already.

"Okay, this is just a few minutes before the radio cut out; we don't know if they knew the it was on or not."

"Can you just play the darn thing please Alf?" Irene pushed.

Alf did:

"Come on!" a male voice pleaded.

"Any luck Tony?" a younger male's voice came out sounding frantic and scared..

"No, can you go and look after Nicole, i'll keep trying." There was a pause where all that could be heard was the rain and the crashing of the waves. Obviously conditions were tough. "1 2 3 4 5" Tony's voice came again.

"Tony, he was under the water for a really long…"

And the radio cut out.

I came back from my two-month holiday, signed in, and immediately clicked on to the fan fiction section. I was expecting to find the usual mix of Matilda & JnM fics, and I saw...

NOTHING BUT ADELLE FICS!

And I was like, "No way am I going to be able to keep up with all of these..." so I didn't check any of them out. I just updated my two fics and that was that. But I just decided to click on to yours because the title intrigued me and

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone says they've cried but I haven't, but don't worry, I don't cry when I'm reading things on a computer screen for some reason. Maybe my eyes are concentrating too hard on trying to read it on our stupid wonky screen. But it has made me laugh and "awwww" and.....

Please continue! Preferably a nice long rambling long-fic...

This is probably the best review I've ever given a fic, sorry if I sound OTT but it really rules.

why does everyone want to make me cry today? I was in tears throughtout nearly all of them chapters lol my god its only fiction but hey you wrote it so well! Please bring Aden back safely and dont let him find out that Belle had told everyone they had broke up coz I dont think he will handle it that well and I dont think I could stand anymore heartbreak for either of them!!

Updates soon please :D

Just caught up with the last three chapters.

It really is sad that it took finding out about his past for her to see him differently. But it's certainly understandable, considering her past involvement with him.

I loved how determined Aden is to go help. Aden and Belle say goodbye was sweet. The nickname thing was extremely cute, even if the 'babe' thing did remind me of K/K but it's a really cute Adelle scene so I didn't mind being reminded of that terrible couple. I have a feeling that Belle's plan to let everyone think they are broken up is somehow going to backfire on her.

You got me scared with the last bit. I know you are not going to kill Aden (you would have to be evil to do that) but poor Aden he is going to have to end up back in the hospital if it's him.

Archived