Just In Time... But Was It Worth It?

Guest wrongturntaken

Okay, so when he was being drunk!Aden, I was laughing, but by the end, my heart was breaking again! It was good to see Morag come back, even if she did have a go at Belle...maybe Aden will open up to Morag now he has no-one left, and Morag will understand Belle's situation better? I'm really enjoying this story...keep up the good work!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aden looked at her, "You're like a teddy bear," he said childishly, moving closer to try and take her hand.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I loved that line!!!

This chapter was awesome!! You had me in laughing and almost crying, good stuff!!

Update soon please!! :)

Even though it wasn't exactly deserved, I actually liked Morag having a go at Belle...shows she cared about Aden and maybe it will make Belle realise just how much Aden needs here. I really love this story more and more with each chapter and I love that each chapter gets longer and longer. IMO long chapters are the best because the more of your awesome story we get, the better.

Thanks for all the awesome comments once again! I'm really sorry i haven't updated like i said i would but i've had writers block for the next couple of chapters but i did write the ones following these so you won't have to wait long. I'm going away on monday so my aim is to finish it by then so i will probably be uploading every couple of hours tomorrow.

This is a ridiculously SHORT chapter because i still couldn't finish it as it is 2.30am and i am quite tired but i couldn't leave you with nothing any longer so i hope this is okay.

Chapter 4.

Aden woke up the next morning to a pounding headache and not much memory of the night before which is why he was shocked to walk into the kitchen and see Morag and Ross there.

"Ah… and how are you feeling this morning?" Morag asked him.

"Hm," was all Aden could manage in reply as he went to the cupboard to get himself a bowl for cereal.

"Aden…" Morag began hesitantly. "Belle told us some of what was going on with you?"

"What?" Aden answered; for a second afraid that Morag had found out his secret.

"Well, she told us what you tried to do," Morag explained.

"Oh, well if you're worried I'm going to do it again; don't be. I've been seeing a counselor and it's really been helping."

"That's good," Morag said supportively. "…but if you ever need anything; we're always here, you've had it rough the past few weeks with Roman and Nicole missing and everything."

"Thanks," Aden said nodding his head appreciatively. "So Belle was here last night, I didn't dream that?"

"No you didn't dream it, she was here."

"Oh," Aden sighed before looking at the time and realising he was running late. "I better be going to work, I'll see you later," he added putting the empty bowl down and darting out the door.

Aden had been at work a couple of hours and was grateful that Belle wasn't on the same shift as him today, he didn't think he could face her after what had happened last night. He was angry at her for allowing them to get that close if she was just going to stop.

As he was thinking about the fact that he didn't actually care, he was just glad she had got close, Belle walked in to the diner.

She walked up to the counter nervously, "Hey, how are you this morning?"

"Fine thanks, just a bit of a headache," Aden answered, "…and yes I do remember what happened," he added as he saw Belle fidget.

"I'm sorry, I should never have let that happen," Belle told him.

"Yeah, you're right. That was so unfair, Belle. Do you have any idea how that made me feel?"

"Why is it always about you, Aden?" Belle said; getting annoyed. "Don't you think this situation is hard for me too?"

"You created it!"

"Argh!" Belle exclaimed. "Aden, can't you see that I want to be with you just as much as you want to be with me? I really do, I just…"

"What?"

"I'm just not ready to forgive you yet, Aden," Belle answered with a gentle shrug of her shoulders. She started walking away.

"I'm gonna get you back, Belle," Aden told her firmly.

She turned her head and said shortly, "Good," before leaving the diner.

Archived