Paul O'Brien for It Takes Two

Guest Skykat

Did he swear when Jade told him that they were actually saying something nice? I thought I heard him say "sh*t" when he had to quickly take his ear plugs out to listen :lol:

I sadly have to agree with James (although the 3 was harsh, and more him making a point than an actual reflection of the performance), that the humane thing would be to put Paul down as far as this competition is concerned.

If I had to say something supportive... I liked his shirt?

I'm not the only one who heard that either! :lol:

I'm not a singer but I thought I could hear improvement. Oh well :rolleyes: How funny would it be if he actually won. He'd only get through on the fan vote, so I think it's a possibility.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was shocked by how rude the guy that gave him a 3 was.Maybe he hasn't improved but did they stop to think it might have something to do with the fact that they constantly ridicule him and never have anything constructive to say!I agree with one thing he said though,if the fans care about him the nicest thing to do would be to let him go.

And yes,he did swear,lol.

Did he swear when Jade told him that they were actually saying something nice? I thought I heard him say "sh*t" when he had to quickly take his ear plugs out to listen :lol:

I sadly have to agree with James (although the 3 was harsh, and more him making a point than an actual reflection of the performance), that the humane thing would be to put Paul down as far as this competition is concerned.

I'm not the only one who heard that either! :lol:

I heard it too! :lol:

I think the score was totally harsh. What else is Paul expected to do? They have just told him out-right that he sucks as a performer but didn't give anything to improve or work on! What are they looking for? :angry:

It must be so tough for Paul having to come back each week and her nothing positive. He must be getting tired. Don't worry Paul we still love you! :D

I'm not the only one who heard that either!

I heard it too! :lol:

I think the score was totally harsh. What else is Paul expected to do? They have just told him out-right that he sucks as a performer but didn't give anything to improve or work on! What are they looking for? :angry:

It must be so tough for Paul having to come back each week and her nothing positive. He must be getting tired. Don't worry Paul we still love you! :D

Thank god other people heard it, i thought i was going crazy, well, crazier :lol:

I felt so sorry for Paul last night that 3 was just absolutely insane and not necessary. I can't blame him for taking out the lollies he only had his humour left and he has been burnt to a crisp buy the judges and his harsh judges. I ask all the fans voting for him to stop because as much as I love him he is being humliated week after week and I have a feeling he wouldn't be that disapointed if he left, in fact he might be relieved. Its not fair on him to keep taking him to the slaughter week after week. Oh and by the way yes he did swear when Jade said they were saying something nice lol

Singer takes to judges

The Daily Telegraph

March 27, 2008

CELEBRITY singer Paul O'Brien and partner Jade MacRae have turned their vocal talents against the judges of It Takes Two, lashing out at the panel in protest at what they claim is unnecessary and unfair criticism.

A normally composed MacRae couldn't contain her anger backstage after the Channel 7 talent show aired on Tuesday night, infuriated by judge James Valentine accusing Home and Away star O'Brien of not wanting to be a part of the singing competition.

"I am so f . . king angry," MacRae raved to Confidential. "We're all for constructive criticism, but when they put him down week after week, it's just not nice.

"Then they say he doesn't want to be there, but I can tell you he does and he's trying hard."

The rant was prompted by negative feedback on the couple's performances for the second week running.

O'Brien said he had trouble dealing with the comments, and accused the judges of not offering him any constructive criticism.

"The first six weeks I just didn't enjoy it as it's very demoralising to keep on trying when you get knock after knock,'' he said.

An insider, who didn't want to be named, said the judges wanted O'Brien voted off but their low scoring had the opposite effect.

"The negative comments just encourage the Home and Away fans to vote,'' the source said.

Fellow contestants Candice Falzon and Julia Morris stuck up for O'Brien. "I just think they want him out and they have made their mind up.'' Morris said.

Archived