World Come Undone

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh I love it! The teen drama. And yes, I agree with Kat, Mattie's bitchiness is oh so much fun! Even when she was talking about Beth's past and her relationship with her dad, it was so unsympathetic. Like teenagers are. The world revolves around Mattie and everyone is out to get her, even her mum's life crises aren't a good enough excuse for that.

And Henry! It's been so long. I'm glad someone hasn't forgotton he exists as her twin. They have such a great connection in the story already. I love it. It's nice, a change from evil-Henry :P, and it's great he is such a womaniser. I wonder if Cassie will end up capturing his heart, or if he will just pursue her as a target. To probe he is the hussler he is.

I had to read through that summary a few times, that love-octagon is sure to fuel some trouble lol. But I love it! I can't wait to get into the heads of the other characters and see you develop them. And I think that Drew really is the type Mattie could fall for. I don't know how they would work as a couple, never crossed my mind until now, but he seems like the perfect image of a guy she would develop an infatuation over.

All in all, I can't wait for the next chapter :)

Aww yay!! Thanks guys.

Kase, as if I could ever forget Henry!! Hes my ultimate H&A crush!! lol.

I love that summary, it is possibly the most confusing thing I have ever written, and had to write it out several times to get the pairings to work how I wanted them too. Although you never know with me, I may attempt to shake things up :ph34r:

You'll just have to keep reading to find out.

Oh, and I just thought I should tell everyone that each chapter will be written from one of the 8's POV. They each have a unique voice that needs to be heard, and as much as I love bitchy!Matilda, shes a pain in the ass to write 24/7, lol!

More soon =D

Really well written, Jess. My favourite parts were the humour:

And Kit? She was happy anywhere there could possibly be a liquor store,

an elderly woman who had just arrived on the beach, decked out in a hideous, fluro coloured jumpsuit, complete with head and wristbands in matching colours that burned my eyes.

“Oh god.” Henry covered his eyes, as she and a taller man jogged past us. “I’m going to be scarred for life from that.” He said, as if he needed to wash his mouth out. “All those jiggly bits,” He shuddered, closing his eyes once more, trying to wipe the vision from his mind.

“You forget, dear brother.” I said, standing up next to him, “That we’re not in Kansas any more. And no matter how many times I click my red shoes together and cry ‘There’s no place like home’ we’re not going to get back there.”

And that title: “Welcome World, We Have Arrived” was so wonderfully tongue-in-cheek! Summed them up perfectly! :P

Loved the true-to-life brother/sister relationship of Henry and Matilda and their confidence, almost arrogance, about their ability with the opposite sex. Really great chapter. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thank you heaps ILM. I think you'll find lots of Henry/Matilda interaction in this fic. One of my pet peves about H&A is that they completely forget Matilda has a twin!!

On to another chapter thought =D

A HUGE thank you to Skykat for proof reading this for me. I'll always maintain you are half of my inspirtation. And Kase starting her story again is another part :P

World Come Undone

Chapter Two – Strangers in the Shadows

“Luke,” Dad yelled from behind me. “Make yourself useful and go and clean those tables,” He said, motioning to the tables on the far side of the bar as he turned back to the drinks list. I groaned as I put down my book, 1984, and slipped myself off from the stool I’d been sitting on. Grabbing a cloth from the near sink, I turned towards the tables, but something else caught my attention. Or should I say, someone else.

They sauntered in as if they owned the place, yet I’d never seen them before in my life. Her long, blonde hair was tied loosely into a ponytail, creating a windswept look that I imagined had taken her hours to achieve, while her tailored clothing more sophisticated than any that I’d ever seen on actual people who lived in the bay. The sequined skirt she wore shimmied each time she moved and as the few streams of light caught each piece of material, it gave off a glow, an aurora, one, I imagined, that she believed matched her entire personality.

His matching blonde hair was slicked back off his face, brand name sunglasses holding the loose strands in place. The matching brand name clothing that fitted his body immaculately, looked fresh, new, and expensive, and I shook my head, wondering why two people with such status would be bothering with Summer Bay.

I remained transfixed on the pair for a moment, while their own eyes searched the room for something… someone, his eyes more desperate than hers, until I noticed someone else who had just entered the room. Her laughter resinated in my ears, as I paused again, turning to look at her, just for a moment. Her dark hair reached her shoulders, framing her bright face, cheeks pink from laughter. Her body was slung loosely against a chair, facing her best friends, forming a secret circle, from which all others were excluded.

She caught Cassie’s eye. As she nodded her head towards the two intruders who had appeared so suddenly in our midst, and I watched, as a glimmer of mischief flashed over her eyes momentarily. They grinned a little at one another as they saw him catch sight of them, then smirk at the girl he’d entered with.

I watched on as he strutted towards them, his ego obviously bloated by his own belief of self importance, his eye clearly having been caught by one of the three girls sitting at that table. She followed mutely, rolling her eyes as she watched him trot up to them, and it almost made me smile, almost… but fear wouldn’t allow it. My heart had already leapt to my throat in anticipation… as I prayed, watching them, please not Belle… please be either Anna or Cassie, but please, not Belle.

“Oi” I heard a shout behind me, “Am I paying you to stand around, or to work?” I turned around to see Dad grinning at me, and I shot him a small smile before collecting the glasses on the table and wandering back to the bar.

“Why don’t you go join them?” He asked, nodding his head towards their table, and I noted that the strangers had now joined them.

“Nah, you’re paying me to work.” I replied shortly, wanting to avoid all conversation about the people I went to school with, yet barely acknowledged my existence.

“Well,” Dad continued, “Their table needs these,” He said, thrusting three drinks at me. “And it also just happens to be time for your break. Enjoy.” He said, shoving me slightly as he grinned to himself.

“Thanks Dad,” I muttered sarcastically as I made my way slowly towards their table.

Their boisterous chatter halted as I approached their table cautiously. “Three orange juices,” I managed to spit out without my voice faltering.

“Thanks Lucas,” Cassie replied as she stood up and helped pass the drinks down to Belle and Anna.

“Lucas?” The blonde haired guy scoffed, shaking his head.

“Luke,” I replied, shrugging as he smirked up at me.

“Shortening the name, well aren’t you simply up with all the trends?” The girl spoke, without once taking her eyes off her immaculate nails.

The boy smothered a laugh, but the girls looked at her, their eyes shining with confusion. “The celebrity trends?” She replied, and although her sarcasm did not go unnoticed by the three friends, when she still received no glimmer of recognition concerning her statement, she turned sideways to the male, who had watched the exchange amusedly.

“Whatever, I’m bored Henry,” She muttered under her breath, attempting to mask the fact that we could all hear her as plain as day. “Can we please go now?”

He shot her a look that said he clearly wasn’t happy about leaving so soon, but still complied, standing up and pushing in his chair.

“Ladies,” He said, winking at them, “the pleasure was all mine.” With one final look, he turned on his heels, and followed her out of the bar.

“It sure was,” Belle offered to his retreating back, causing Anna and Cassie to erupt into giggles.

I snuck a quick glance at her animated face, before realising that, having stood there for a large amount of time already, I’d probably overstayed my welcome. Casting one final, momentary look in her direction, I turned, and began to walk away, when a voice called my name.

“Lucas,”

My breath caught in my throat, as I turned slowly to find Cassie approaching me.

“Oh, hi.” I replied, letting out the breath, unable to mask my disappointment.

“Hey,” She replied, a little cautiously, as she came to stand next to me.

She eyed me up and down a little, and stood a little away, her arms hugging her body, as she bit her lip, and focused on something behind my head

“Was there something wrong with your drinks?” I asked finally, unable to stand the silence a moment longer.

“Our drinks?” She asked confused, as I motioned to the orange juice she held in her hand.

“Oh,” She registered, as a slight blush crept over her cheeks, “No, they are fine,” She continued, as she looked up to me, “Perfect,” She said quietly, and I had to wonder why she was being so… strange.

“Was there, anything else?” I asked, as she continued to stare at me. At first I thought it was weird, now, it was becoming a little, unnerving.

“I, uh…” She began, as I raised an eyebrow at her. “Lucas,”

“Yes?” I prompted, as her mouth gaped open and shut.

“Could we please have three more drinks?” She asked finally, a little sheepishly.

“Sure,” I sighed and turned, walking away quickly.

“Three more OJ’s Dad,” I walked towards him, and he didn’t even tried to hide the fact he’d watched the entire interaction.

“She’s cute.” He said finally, grinning at me, as I rolled my eyes. “And she’s tall. You need a tall girl Lucas. And she seems very nice and polite.” He continued, as I hummed to myself, pretending to not hear what he was saying.

“I’m just saying Luke, if you’re ever going to get a date, I’d like it to be with a nice, quiet, unassuming girl like Cassie,”

“How do you know her name is Cassie?” I asked, spinning around to look at Dad, who was trying to act innocent.

He looked towards the ground anxiously, and for a moment I thought he was going to be the one to ignore my question. However, apparently I was wrong. “Jack may have happened to mention a few names to me,” He caved finally, coming to stand next to me.

“What else did Jack just happen to mention to you?” I asked through gritted teeth, as I felt my neck go red with anger. Foolishly, I’d told Jack in confidence one night about the three girls, and how different they seemed to all the other girls at the school. I’d thought Jack would understand, and maybe help me out with getting to know them better.

Apparently I was wrong. That was the last time I’ll ever trust Jack with anything, I thought to myself, as Dad sighed next to me. His look betrayed him instantly and I knew Jack had shared with our father the biggest secret of all. He knew about her.

“Mate,” He began, but I brushed him aside and headed angrily for the door, unwilling to even spare at glance towards their table as I did so. Stumbling out into the sunlight, I stormed down towards the beach, which was practically empty during this time of the afternoon, walking down towards the rocks, but with no real destination in mind. Kicking the sand along the way, the waves crashing against the shore had become the soundtrack for my life, as if the harmony they created would help me as suppressed anger and rage seeped out of my body.

I wasn’t sure whom exactly I was angry at though. Jack, for telling Dad all of my secrets, Dad, for always pushing me into a life that I didn’t know I could lead, that boy, for walking in and instantly thinking he was better than me, that girl, for knowing she really was better than me or Belle, for never noticing me.

Or was I simply angry at myself, for the simple fact that I was always going to be invisible nerd at the front of the classroom, and that some harsh truths and facts will never change in life?

Deep down, I knew it was all a fantasy. Belle Taylor was the smartest, wittiest, most attractive girl in Summer Bay, so why would she notice a nerd like me? What could I possibly have that she would want? What could she possibly ever see in the scrawny boy who sits down the front in maths and sometimes even corrects the teacher when he gets something wrong? To her, I really was nothing.

Picking up a rock that lay on the waters edge, I hauled it into the ocean, watching on, as it broke the surface, spluttering, before sinking slowly to the deep, dark depths on the ocean floor. My eyes closed, as I sucked in deep breaths of salty air, my chest feeling as if it were about to explode. From anger and pain, from hurt and betrayal. Mostly from the feeling of despair when you can’t seem to win in life, no matter how hard you try.

I felt my breathing calm, and I looked up, to see if anyone had had decided to come looking for me. Shaking my head at the still empty beach, I exhaled, not surprised to know that no one actually cared about me.

Just once, I wished there would be there, waiting for me. Just once.

-

Deep, detailed comments will make me write faster!!!

wow that was a really great chapter!

love Mattie and Henry and that they think they are better than everyone, i can so picture it in my head :P

i also love all the detailed descriptions of the charcters, surroundings and feelings.

i like how all the characters like different people .....

can't wait for the next chapter :D

Bitchy Matilda and Henry are so much fun.. I love to hate her!

I'm already seeing that twisted, he loves her but she loves him malarky. :lol: I love how poor innocent Lucas really isn't getting onto the blatant fact that Cassie fancies him, despite his Dad's probing. I loved hearing how much he likes Belle, seeing her (and the twins for that matter) through Lucas's eyes. I also really bought into his insecurities and the stuff about Jack telling on him and Tony pushing him to integrate more. I thought it ended really strongly.

And the bit you added at the beginning worked too. :wink:

Another great chapter, keep it coming. :)

Archived