World Come Undone

Guest sevenpuddings

Matilda and Henry :D Thinking that they are better than everyone else. I so saw that coming :D.

Poor Lucas :( Why has he always have to be the nerd? Why can't he be the popular guy? Anyway, I like the way you describe Lucas feelings. I can imagine how he feels and what it is to go trough life as a nerd. And that's because your descriptions are so great :).

Anyway, this was again a great chapter. I'm looking forward to see more :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved that chapter, Jess. Why are you talented, damn you?! :P Not complaining; I'm happy as long as we get lots of Maddie bitchiness and Maddie/Henry interaction.

I thought it was really sweet in that chapter how Tony seemed to acknowledge that he had upset Lucas by letting on that Jack had told him. If my Mum did that and I got mad with her, she'd just tell me to grow up. I know that Lucas is a sensitive kid, and all; but it was so cute.

But, man, poor Luke! You must really hate him, Jess! Not only do you make him the nerdy one of the group who is very unconfident with girls, but you've made him unable to see that a girl actually likes him! :P

Anyway, you've got a better brain than me - it took me about ten reads of the summary to find out the love heptagon (?) that you've got going on here! Keep it up! :D

Jess! Absolutely love it! I adore the Mattie/Henry interaction that you so amazingly write. It makes me wish Henrywas still around. I could so image him with a massive ego. :P I really like the way you writ from the different points of view. It makes it so interesting to read. I can't wait to see how this develops. It's a love octagon! :lol:

I love Lucas as the nerd. It suits him so well. And in my opinion, good guys should always win (even if this isn't true in real life). Brilliant Jess! I agree with everyone, I love bitchy Mattie and egotistical Henry, and absolutely love seeing them from everyone elses' point of view. I love how innocent Lucas is, that he can't even realise that Cassie likes him, even needing Tony to point it out!

She followed mutely, rolling her eyes as she watched him trot up to them, and it almost made me smile, almost… but fear wouldn’t allow it.

Poor anti-social Luke, so self concious. And the ending was so perfect and sad. I could imagine Lucas having a romantic scene in his head, of someone (Belle) coming after him. As thats what's meant to happen - when someone storms out, they should be noticed. Which is all he wants. Poor thing *hugs Lucas*

Please update soon Jess, I love it. And I can't wait to read from Anna as well...she was so well developed in BD, I'm looking forward to reading about her again.

And Btw, I'm glad I can serve as some inspiration ;) You shall be rewarded...and soon.

Great chapter. :)

I really liked the Mattie and Henry interaction, and Tony trying to be matchmaker lol although i can understand how Lucas must find it annoying i mean it's embarassing when dad's try to do anything like that. This chapter certainly had an OC feel to it, Tony encouraging Luke like Sandy does Seth, Lucas is the nerd like Seth is and Belle is the popular girl like Summer is but i think that's good. Update soon. :)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

It makes me wish Henrywas still around. Don't we all Jen? I know I do. If he came back I'd be watching for SURE.

Why does everyone love Bitchy!Maddie? I know shes SO MUCH FUN to write, but why don't people hate her?

And I don't hate Luke, I really don't. What I wrote was just his perception of himself, not how other people see him. He's got confidence issues and such, but I mean, he's grown up without a Mum, or any womanly influence, surely thats going to impact on his behaviour around girls?

I guess everyone reading into these characters means I'm making you think, which is so YAY for me. I shall update soon... maybe... coz this week I'm dedicating myself to HarryPotter. But after that, I promise.

• 3 weeks later...

Woops. Sorry it's taken me so long to update. Hopefully this chapter flows well. I have a feeling there are a few area's of tension that will become a bit - out of place - but don't worry, it'll all be explained in the future. Thanks to Skykat for proofing too! You rock!!

World Come Undone

Chapter Three – Rain, come wash my blues away

-

I felt the heat of the sun warm my body instantly, and welcomed it freely as I fell down against the dry towel lying on the sand. I shut my eyes for a moment while willing the salty taste to disappear from my lips, before opening them again to find the harsh sunlight gone, replaced by a shadow, standing over me.

“Early morning swim?” She asked; her tone more amused than anything.

“Only to you, it’s past twelve and the middle of a bright, glorious day in my world,” I replied, poking my tongue up at her as she sat down next to me. I shielded the sun from my eyes as I sat up and looked sideways at her.

“What can I say?” Belle replied, “This all ends in a week, and then I’ll have to be up at the crack of dawn, before slaving away at school for an eternity, I need to enjoy this while I can!” She proclaimed, as I shoved her.

“Drama queen” I retorted, as she snorted next to me.

“Says you,” Came the obvious reply.

“And obviously, you’re both larger drama queens than me,” Came a yell from behind us, as I turned to see Cassie skipping towards us.

“What’s got you so perky little miss sunshine?” Belle asked sarcastically, as Cassie smiled largely at us.

“Oh nothing really,” She replied wistfully, “Only that we’re going back to school next week.”

“I’m overwhelmed with joy,” Belle began, but Cassie stopped her.

“Oh don’t be a sourpuss.” Cassie retorted, the smile still playing on her lips. “This year is going to be great. We’re…”

“Going to rule the school?” Belle interjected, earning herself a glare from Cassie.

“And we’d all like to make it through alive?” I added, hoping to cool things between Cass and Belle.

They had this way of getting under each other’s skin, to the point of no return sometimes. Clashing personalities, my mother always said, more alike than different, causing friction. They were both very stubborn, you see, both very determined… and aggressive at times, which had caused some extreme yelling matches over the years. But where they were aggressive, I was passive, which proved a wonderful combination for a friendship such as ours.

“Alive and kicking!” Belle responded finally, as she began to dance around on the spot, before standing up and moving around Cassie and I, causing us to launch into fits of giggles.

“You’re crazy,” Cassie screamed.

“Psychotic,” Belle replied, as she pulled Cassie up to her and practically forced her to move to the music playing only in her mind. I continued to laugh at them as they tried to upstage one another, until both collapsed in a heap next to be, out of breath, perspiring from the effort.

“So, tell me, dearest, bestest, closest friend of mine,” Belle said sweetly, as she fluttered her eyelashes at Cassie “Why exactly are you so excited about school? It doesn’t have something to do with a certain blonde haired, blue eyed nerd boy, does it now?”

“Lucas isn’t a nerd,” Cassie said angrily, before instantly clamping a hand over her mouth, embarrassed by her revelation.

“Oh honey,” Belle said sympathetically, “Yes, he is.”

Cassie looked to me for support, but I could only shrug my shoulders, before replying, “But it’s okay. Nerds can be cool.”

“Yup.” Belle agreed readily. “And if you really like him, then Anna and I will do everything in our power to help you get him.”

“Really?” Her voice was timid, as if she were scared we’d break her bubble of hope.

“Of course,” I replied, moving closer and hugging her tightly, “What else are best friends for?”

Belle sighed dramatically at this stage. “Possibly making sure our year goes uninterrupted by blonde bimbo and super sure of himself that we met yesterday?” Belle asked mockingly. “If I have to look at his smirk each day in class I think I’ll die,” She cried spectacularly, causing Cassie and I to giggle.

“Oh come on,” I started, “He’s not that bad to look at,” I said, a red blush creeping up the back of my neck as Cassie and Belle started intently at me. “I just meant I’d seen worse,” I mumbled as they continued to gawk at me strangely.

“I imagine it’d be worse being with her,” Belle snorted angrily. “I’m so pretty and so popular and too good for this town,” She mimicked in a high-pitched voice. “Can’t you just see how this is simply going to ruin my reputation?” She continued sarcastically. “Give me a break,”

“Yeah well, we can’t help it if we’re less beautiful than she is,” Cassie quipped as Belle rolled her eyes.

“She’s going to be my mortal enemy. There’s no other way. She’s everything I despise in a person and then some.” Belle’s voice was low, which worried me a little bit.

“Hey, we don’t even know her yet,” I said gently touching her arm, but her eyes flared angrily.

“Don’t we Anna? You saw how they looked at us? He looked at us as if we were meat to be eaten; she looked us as if we were something she found at the bottom of her highly inappropriate beach shoes. They won’t take time to get to know us, so why should we bother getting to know them?” She said harshly, her cheeks flushing red with anger.

“Hey, calm down there Taylor,” Cassie said gently, throwing me a quick look.

“She’s not going to ruin this year for us Belle,” I promised deeply, shifting closer.

Belle sighed deeply. “I know. I just, hate new people who think they are superior.”

Cassie and I laughed in unison as we both moved to hug her. “We know,” I replied, pulling her close to me. “What else are best friends for, if not for knowing you better than you know yourself?” I asked, feeling Belle laugh a little.

“Um, drenching me?” Belle replied, as I smirked a little at her and pulled away, my still wet body having left watermarks on both her.

“What can I say?” I said, as I moved closer again. “You two avoid the actual water as much as possible, maybe it’s about time you went for a swim…”

Belle squealed, before jumping up to dodge my open arms, and running behind Cassie, who was hot on her heels.

“Noo,” She cried dramatically, as I chased them down to the waters edge.

“I’m gunna get you,” I taunted immaturely, as Cassie began to laugh so hard she tripped on a stray piece of driftwood, and fell face first into the wet sand, just as a soft wave came gently rolling up the shore, soaking her from head to toe.

“Ha!” Belle cried, a mix of triumph and gloating in her voice. Cassie only growled, before casting me a look and diving at Belle, who turned to run… straight into my arms.

“Not so fast,” I cried evilly as I held her tight. Cassie came strutting towards us, an evil smile forming on her lips, as Belle groaned in my embrace, struggling a little, until Cassie pulled her legs up under her arms.

I smirked at her and we stumbled down into the water, and threw her up into the air, laughing together as she splattered down into the ocean. She surfaced moments later, spluttering, seething, her eyes shooting daggers at Cassie and I, who were doubled over in fits of laughter.

“You think this is funny?” Her icy tone was evident, but I couldn’t help but continue to laugh, as she stood there, looking like a drowned rat, her dark hair matted to her face, her white t-shirt clinging tightly to her body, water dripping from her shorts.

“Oh honey, life isn’t fair,” Cassie said, as she moved to hug Belle, who splashed her instantly.

“Yeah,’ She retorted, as Cassie screamed in annoyance, ‘It’s really not.”

“Now ladies,” I decided to cut in, and as they turned to stare at me I began to back away slowly “Can’t we call a truce?” I pleaded a little over-dramatically and they began to slowly walk towards me. “Please?” My voice faded, as they ran towards me and ploughed me into the knee-deep water, surrounded by the giggles of my two best friends.

-

“Do you think we’ll ever change?” I asked later on, as we lay together in the warm afternoon sun. Belle propped herself up on one elbow and turned to look at me.

“Whatever can you mean?” Belle replied, her tone typically nonchalant, pretending to misunderstand me.

“Belle Taylor don’t you even begin to pretend like you don’t know what I’m on about,” I snapped at her, a little harshly, as she looked at me quizzically. Sitting up, I shook my head and began to rub my temples. For the last two weeks we’d spent day in and out with one another – around one another – and suddenly it had all become too much.

Yet I feared, when all was said and done, and out final year of schooling over, it wouldn’t have been enough.

“Anna Banana,” Belle began finally, using their childhood nickname for me – creative, I know – to let me know she wasn’t out to get me. “Haven’t you realised by now, you’re stuck with us baby, for the rest of time.” She grinned at me, and I rolled my eyes at her finally, the knots in my stomach subsiding.

“You promise?” I said finally, as Cassie sat up, crawling over on the sand to wrap her arms around me.

“Of course we do. Best friends for life, remember?” She asked, holding out her left hand, the tiny scar on her palm, almost invisible now.

I glanced down at my own palm only to find my own scar looking right back up at me. I turned to reply to Cassie, only to find Belle sticking out her own palm.

“Blood sisters, remember?” Belle’s tone was serious, a rarity, and I knew she meant what she said.

“Always,” I replied finally, as they pulled me into a giant hug.

“What had you so worried anyway?” The sun was setting on the horizon, but we were still there, soaking up its last rays, watching as day turned to night – the heat still clinging to the air.

I sighed, closing my eyes, savouring the sweetness of dusk, before replying. “Mum,” gently.

Their hands gripped tightly onto mine, but they didn’t speak. We were past the point of words on this particular, heartbreaking topic, past the point of speaking about her – they knew all there was to know.

“This is our final year of school,” I continued finally, my eyes remaining closed, as I felt their gaze fall on me. “And then we’ll have a summer of waiting and decisions, and then what? The same thing is running though everyone else’s mind. What happens when it’s all said and done?”

“Your mum always said to me ‘Take each day as it comes Belle Baby,’ and I’d always ask her why she only said it to me,” Belle said, as I turned to see tears forming in the corners of her eyes “She said that it was because I lived faster than the two of you, and that I needed to take my time, instead of wanting to grow up too quickly, I needed to take each day as it came,”

“Maybe,” She sighed finally, wiping away a tear that had fallen, “that’s what she’d tell us this year. Live each day as it comes, don’t try to grow up too quickly, and don’t try to face the future before it’s upon us.”

“I think,” I said, my hand in hers, squeezing it gently, “That she’d be awfully proud of you right now,”

“Oh Anna,” Cassie said, taking my other hand “She’s proud of all of us,”

I smiled, but didn’t speak. The words had caught in my throat, but they knew, they understood. They always had. Instead, I looked to the new born stars, and closed my eyes, imagining her smiling down on me.

-

Archived