Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

^ I understand its an HAA forum .... I totally get why they want to get rid of stuff that are not HAA related. My point is that they are only suggesting it for this part of the forum .... if they are setting a rule here then I think it's fair on everyone that they set the rule in the whole of the forum.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to kick up a fuss about this, I completely understand why it would change to just HAA stuff but this is the only forum I am an active member of and the only place I post my stuff, I'd be a bit gutted is all :( but I understand.

p.s I really liked you ideas Jess, particularly the set time frame one, there may be a few blips though i.e if people lose their internet connection etc.

p.s I really liked you ideas Jess, particularly the set time frame one, there may be a few blips though i.e if people lose their internet connection etc.

Yeah, theres also the major time difference between Aus + UK that would need to be sorted out. But as far as I can tell, they would be the only major two issues that could cause problems. And hey, if that means having a day less for entries to be in, or a day less to vote... or even [heaven forbid *please note sarcasm*] a week without challenges, I'd like to hope the members could survive.

^ I understand its an HAA forum .... I totally get why they want to get rid of stuff that are not HAA related. My point is that they are only suggesting it for this part of the forum .... if they are setting a rule here then I think it's fair on everyone that they set the rule in the whole of the forum.

I don't understand you. This is the only part of the forum that isn't strictly ahome and away related. General discussion, Aus discussion, spoiler section, appreciation, summaries, multimedia, screencaps, what do you think? and fanfiction are all strictly home and away related. Aside from casual discussion this forum is the only one thats not home and away related. If the rule applies to the other forums why not in here?

My point was that not all of BTTB is HAA related .... Casual Discussion /-->Games room was the main part I was thinking off. Yes, some of the games are HAA related but lots of them are not. Are you considering getting rid of them? Yes it's under Casual Discussion, but none of that is HAA related which is my point. People are saying BTTB should stricly be Home and Away related or impying it should be, but when you have disucussions, topics, games etc that are not HAA related then thats what I see as unfair.

It's got from people saying getting rid of pointless threads (contests etc) to people saying to get rid of non- related stuff.

My point with the pointless threads previously was that lots of threads/topics are pointless but people was only suggesting getting rid of the contests ... not the threads/topics that people don't post in anymore. Now it's moved onto the HAA related topics/threads. It seems to me that people are only interested in removing the contests especially and not the other threads that are 'pointless' and 'non-HAA related'

In a way, I kind of agree, the games rooms are a bit more 'spammish' than us posting non-haa artwork.

I still don't feel a solution is being found, again more problems are being found rather than solving the original one, sorry for moaning.

I'm not blaming the mods or whoever. But if in the title is says 'Show off your Home and Away Downloads and Creations to other members' then why have the people with the power allowed for these non-haa artwork etc to stay?

This is what I don't get.

My point was that not all of BTTB is HAA related .... Casual Discussion /-->Games room was the main part I was thinking off. Yes, some of the games are HAA related but lots of them are not. Are you considering getting rid of them? Yes it's under Casual Discussion, but none of that is HAA related which is my point. People are saying BTTB should stricly be Home and Away related or impying it should be, but when you have disucussions, topics, games etc that are not HAA related then thats what I see as unfair.

It's got from people saying getting rid of pointless threads (contests etc) to people saying to get rid of non- related stuff.

My point with the pointless threads previously was that lots of threads/topics are pointless but people was only suggesting getting rid of the contests ... not the threads/topics that people don't post in anymore. Now it's moved onto the HAA related topics/threads. It seems to me that people are only interested in removing the contests especially and not the other threads that are 'pointless' and 'non-HAA related'

Two sub-forums out of how many? Look at any forum, dedicated to any show/star/band and you will find a General Discussion Sub Forum for this exact thing - the threads that do no relate to H&A, where people are free to chat about whatever they want - not exactly on the same lines as continously posting avatars at a forum that won't even allow their use unless they are related to H&A [which I'm actually not againt by the way]

As for the games - they have a sub-forum for non H&A related games, which I believe was actually being considered for the artwork forum, but like I've said, there are tonnes of other places where non H&A artwork can be posted. Heck, I could even scrounge up a list if it bothers that many people.

As for threads that aren't posted in - I'm sure that if this sub-forum went through a major overhaul, such as the Fan Fiction section has, then threads that aren't updated any more would be removed. However until Dan or Chris can come to a decision that would seemingly please everyone, then thats not really an issue either, is it?

Also, I don't think this issue has been raised until recently, and as there were no major concerns with the A&C section, the mods didn't feel the need to enter unless they were interested in Artwork? Mar used to visit a fair bit, but right now I do believe shes busy, so that takes her out of the equation, and that means none of the mods didn't know about the nonH&A artwork, except now Cal, who has only been made a mod recently.

^

Not mentioning any names but Mods were posting non-haa stuff when they are moderators. So they must know for sure non-haa stuff is being posted in the artwork and creations section as they are the ones doing so.

I'm not trying to cause trouble but i'm just pointing out why it seems like one rule for one and another for the other parts.

It seems as though people should be focusing on other aspects of the forum before saying contests should be closed.

Archived