Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

I know nothing has been decided yet,but if non H&A artwork was banned in here,would anyone/thing stop us from making a general non H&A artwork thread in general chat and everyone post there non-H&A stuff there..

I have noticed there was a non H&A fanfic started there,where everyone is using that same thread for there non H&A fanfics.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that nothing should have to be just HAA-related. I know this is a HAA forum but things that are non-haa related make this forum even better and more popular. To be honest, if everything was about HAA on this forum then I would hardly be on this forum, and I think other people would not either. Non-haa related threads and contests in this forum make it more ineteresting to be on and if this was to change I think that there will hardly be any members attending the forum or registering.

No, I wouldn't want to be told to go to another forum if I wanted to post and talk about non-haa related things, because in my mine I think this is a far better organised forum than many of the rest.

Why is there such a fuss about this? It's not that hard to supply a link to LJ. When I heard about the whole non-H&A artwork rule, I was fine with it and I moved on. Which I think most people here should do.

I don't get why people say they run out of 'stuff' to make with H&A pictures. I think you should remember that there is almost 20 years of Home & Away...that's a lot of stuff to make! Things such as the OC and Veronica Mars have only been running for a few years. You get me?

Now, on to the contest crud. Would people stop moaning! I won't be surprised if ALL the competitions get deleted with the way things are carrying on. Why don't you try and come up with solutions instead of running around in circles. NOTE: I've taken Jess, Katie etc into consideration when I typed that. Thanks for the ideas. :D

^

Not mentioning any names but Mods were posting non-haa stuff when they are moderators. So they must know for sure non-haa stuff is being posted in the artwork and creations section as they are the ones doing so.

I'm not trying to cause trouble but i'm just pointing out why it seems like one rule for one and another for the other parts.

It seems as though people should be focusing on other aspects of the forum before saying contests should be closed.

Actually what has happened is that the rules that have applied to the rest of the site have NOT been properly applied in this section... you suggest this part of the forum has been singled out fore this...well it hasn't.. it was left out ad now its catching up... as mods we have to take responsibility for that. We are now endeavouring to do some thing about it.

The reason this site exists is HOME AND AWAY... it is not a generic chat room, it is not here to be all things to all people. We have to draw a line somewhere.

There are thousands of sites where people can share their artwork...and I think 99% of the art work on this forum is on other forums too...so i am a complete loss to see why people think that without non HAA art on this site their lives will some how come to an end. the art work section has been a problem for a long time. We had a "how dare you response" similar to all of this when we changed the fic section.... Did it result in people leaving in their hoards? Did it lead to no fics being posted? Did it lead to a lowering of standards? No..it did not. We have more fics...and a good standard of HAA related work. I would not go on a site for another TV programme and insist on posting HAA artwork or HAA fics... it would rather defeat the object of going on the site at all.

Before someone mentions the games room again..yes we are working on that too. :P... (ducks and waits for rotten tomoatoes to come through the PC... :P )

Finally..to reiterate...This forum is not and never has been an art work forum..... the art work section is a bonus..its not there as the reason for this site and forum..we don't have to have an art work section at all.... many sites don't. The site and this forum exists for the purpose of discussing and sharing thoughts and feelings about HAA.

I see no problems..as Cal and others have said..in leaving links to LJ's..... albums or other sites if you are desperate for people to see your non HAA related art work.

To be honest I don't care about it, it does suck but who gives, I make non Home and Away stuff anyway, so I am just posting till the real thing comes through. And what everyone else says, be thankful it even has an artwork section at all

Can a decision be made soon please I don't want to be a pain but the not knowing is killing me :) don't worry I will be back at college next week so less annoying! I think I am part of the 1% that doesn't post their artwork anywhere else but it would be a shame, if I made say a new wallpaper for a friend not to be able to get feedback on here from other artists. At the same time I understand this is a HAA board.

I think that what I've said people have taken in the wrong way. Not their thought but probably the way I have implied it.

- First of all I am in agreement about the HAA rule. I've never suggested otherwise.

- Secondly, its good to know that you are working on the games room ... as I did not know that when I posted previously I take back what I said concerning the games room.

- As I first stated in the this thread. If this is really about 'pointless threads' please make what is happening here apply to other parts of the forum.

Archived