The Hills

Guest Eli

LOL!

I started watching Laguna beach when the first season aired here. I read about it, but didn't think it seemed that great, but then after watching one episode I was hooked! I never got through the third season though, but I didn't have much of a social life either during the first two seasons :P I just think it got boring after two seasons, with the new cast and all, it was like they were trying too hard. Now I'm definitely addicted to The Hills instead. I was afraid that would get boring too, I kinda almost gave it up a while ago, but then I was bored and ended up watching the remaining six or so episodes of season 3 before the hiatus, and seriously, that season REALLY picked up during those last few episodes before the hiatus, especially the "finale" and everything that happened with Spencer and Heidi.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The eps I've seen are really mixed up. I started with a couple of episodes of The Hills (the ones where Jason and Lauren were getting back together), then watched Laguna Beach where they got together the first time (lol), watched that series through to the end and then saw the next one with the new cast. So I haven't seen the first series of LB or the later ones of The Hills. Plus you hear all these rumours about things that are happening in their lives while the show's off air, and forget that they haven't actually been aired...it's very confusing!

The last series of LB definitely paled in comparison to the earlier ones. Kyndra, Cami etc are appalling examples of young womanhood. It says something when I don't even love to hate them, but just loathe them 100%. I did quite like Raquel and Breanna, but that was pretty much it.

I just though season 3 was boring, I didn't even like or hate any of the characters, it was just so boring I didn't waste my time making up my mind about them :P I watched the first few episodes and the finale, which was okay I guess. I can actually only think of one thing about that season I really liked (or even cared for) and that was Kyndra's quote "Wanna go to church tomorrow? I have sinned." I think that pretty much says it all :P

Oh my god, I loved this week's episode, especially the Heidi/Spencer stuff. I hate to say it, but as much as I dislike Spencer I really thought he seemed genuine when he came out to Colorado to talk to Heidi. And was it just me or did it sound like he was about to cry when he was saying goodbye to her, telling her he only came to Colorado because it seemed like the only thing he could do?

I was so annoyed with Lauren again today, seriously, okay so the dress didn't get ruined during their night out, but still she should have been more careful. She gets this great dress and she starts changing it and uses it for a night out instead of the ball? Sorry, but that's just disrespectful to the designer and her employer IMO.

I just found this thread. I've been a fan since Lauren's Laguna days, she and I were in the same year in school(not the same school, or country for that matter, we're just the same age), so I always enjoyed watching her and Stephen, Lo etc finishing high school and moving on to college. I only really liked Laguna in Season 1 when Lauren was the narrator, I hated it when Kristen took over in Season 2, she was such a bitch, and always so jealous of Lauren. I actually thought Season 3 was good though because the cast was fresh, and that awful Kristen and the Alex's were gone. I really liked Tessa and I LOVED Rocky especially, I thought they were good role models, and were a great alternative to Cami and Kyndra. I really liked how Rocky wasn't a part of the mai group and she didn't care because she had her own life, and a really cute boyfriend. Cami was a complete idiot who didn't know when to stop making jokes or butt out of other people's business, and Kyndra was just a clone of Kristen, she was so obviously jealous of Rocky. The rest of them - Lexi, Breanna, and all the boys - were boring as hell, they were even worse than Morgan and Christina from Season 1. And what the hell did any of the girls see in Cameron??? He had Kyndra, Jessica, and Tessa fawning all over him. I'm not surprised at Jessica though, she was always so desperate and needy with Jason in Season 2.

The Hills is great. I think its like a reality version of Sex and the City mixed with Melrose Place. I've always loved Lo, she's so ditzy, and I'm glad they've brought her into The Hills. Whitney is nice, but can be a little dull. Audrina is lovely, but she only really began to be a part of the show during Season 3 when her relationship with Justin Bobby re-surfaced, before that we didn't really know a lot about her. I HATE Spencer, and I blame him for the rift between Lauren and Heidi, and later between himself and Brody. Stephanie is also a complete cow, so obviously his family and upbringing has turned him into such an awful person. Lauren is still my favourite though, I always feel sorry for her at work, Lisa Love clearly despises her and always treats Whitney favourably over Lauren. Lauren chose to stay in L.A. instead of go to Paris in 2006 and she's never been forgiven for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lauren is driving me crazy. What the hell was that crao about practically yelling at Audrina for letting Heidi pick up her stuff? Like Heidi pointed out, she was the one who introduced Lauren to Audrina, it's just ridiculous how Lauren is making her friends pick sides like that. She's just a hypocrite, going on and on about how horrible Spencer is because he's mad at Stephanie for hanging out with her. Wake up Lauren, the reason for all this drama is that you made Heidi choose between you and Spencer, and now you're making your friends choose between you and Heidi as well. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to think Lauren and Spencer hate each other so much because they're too much alike.

Lauren is driving me crazy. What the hell was that crao about practically yelling at Audrina for letting Heidi pick up her stuff? Like Heidi pointed out, she was the one who introduced Lauren to Audrina, it's just ridiculous how Lauren is making her friends pick sides like that. She's just a hypocrite, going on and on about how horrible Spencer is because he's mad at Stephanie for hanging out with her. Wake up Lauren, the reason for all this drama is that you made Heidi choose between you and Spencer, and now you're making your friends choose between you and Heidi as well. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to think Lauren and Spencer hate each other so much because they're too much alike.

It's not real. :P

They're alike in that respect, but not in any other way really. They're both needy and possessive, but in other ways Lauren is a very nice person, whereas Spencer doesn't appear to have any other redeeming qualities.

Archived