I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooo, its going to get hot and steamy for Peter and Roo, I like that

They seem cute together

lol I think you ment Brett and Roo get steamy, :P .

Ok, I swear to god that said Peter earlier! :lol:

Thats twice this has happened!

It's your fic, its cursing me :unsure:

Either that or I really need to see someone :blink:

*runs over to phone book and dials the help-line*

Edit - atleast I didnt put Peter and Brett like last time, now that would be disturbing :P

Oooo, its going to get hot and steamy for Peter and Roo, I like that

They seem cute together

lol I think you ment Brett and Roo get steamy, :P .

Ok, I swear to god that said Peter earlier! :lol:

Thats twice this has happened!

It's your fic, its cursing me :unsure:

Either that or I really need to see someone :blink:

*runs over to phone book and dials the help-line*

Edit - atleast I didnt put Peter and Brett like last time, now that would be disturbing

Lol.

Yeah it probably would be disturbing. Your line about them was definitely a classic though, :P .

Chapter number 28. Old feelings

A week later:

Martha drove her ute along the road as she made her way home from Yabbie Creek. The last week had been a lot easier than she expected, most of her time was spent ether at work or with her dad, they'd been growing pretty close as they got to know each other, it was the kind of bond she'd wanted with a father since her adoptive father had passed away along with her adoptive mother a few years back.

But there was something special about having a real dad that had a part of him in her DNA, it was like it was a part of her that had been missing all her life that she never knew about. Even the little things about him she'd notice, like how they'd both laugh at the same things when her mother would just roll her eyes, or how they both seemed to have the same eyes, they were things that they both shared that made them so alike, it was special.

There were moments where she thought of Jack, only few a few of them, along with wondering how Cam and his sick mother were and her dead unborn baby she wanted so badly. They were all still there in her mind, not always noticed by her, but they were still there hidden away, ready to be remembered and thought about.

Huffing as she pulled up in the carpark outside the diner Martha tossed her head back on the head rest of the seat. Her eyes roamed out the car window, on the far end of the beach she could see kids running around with what looked like their dad and other family members throwing a foot ball around near the shore, surfers were in the water, some in the shallow end just coming off a wave, some further out, paddling and watching for the right wave to take them all the way into shore.

Then their was a mother with her todler, helping him tip a bucket of sand upside down to build a sand castle. Near by a happy young couple sad enjoying the veiw, relaxing in each others company as were others around them.

Every one around was so happy, it made her want to run down their and join in with them, they were all so care free and layed back. Smiling as she spotten someone she knew down throwing a frisby to a friend, she got out of the car, it was one of the other guys at the bar. She walked along quickly watching as he continued to throw the flat circular object around the circle, it looked like fun and she wanted to join in.

As she came closer to the sandy path that lead down to the beach Martha paused for a second, noticing something that wasn't quite as pleasing as the rest of the beach. There in the grass near the fence that cut off the beach from the rest of Summer bay sat Jack with his tounge down another girls throught, but not just anyone's, no she knew this girl, she'd know that red curly hair anywhere.

Sam was back, and Martha could truthfully say she wasn't happy about it.

She stood rooted in the spot, not knowing what to do or how to react, she knew Jack would eventually find someone else, but she'd never really prepared herself to have it flaunted before her face like this, it was like her heart was being ripped out.

Turning around she ran in the oposite direction towards the dinner, sprinting up the side stairs and opening the door quickly, slambing it shut and sliding her back along the wall till she curled up in a little ball on the floor, crying in her pain.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Crystal sat in silence on the back seat of her parents car, yet again they were moving, this time hopefully it would be a better change. This move had happened a lot quickler than any of the others, most of the time they's taken about a month to get the house sold and pack everything away, but this time they'd sold the house and the club in a matter of a week, it was all so fast.

The car came to a hault as they reached the edge of town. “So this is it” she could hear her dad sigh.

“Yeah I guess so” her mum nodded.

“So when are we going to get to France?” Crystal asked excitedly, poking her head into the front between Cindy and Cam's seats who both chuckled at their daughters amount of energy.

“In a few weeks sweet heart” Cam told her, “we'll be in the city for a little while ok?”

“Yeah I guess that's alright” she shrugged, leaning back and sitting properly back on her seat, it was going to be a long drive to the city yet.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Later that evening:

Roo sat on the couch in Martha's appartment above the diner, Martha asleep on her lap, the poor girl was exhausted, it had been a tough afternoon of moping around feeling sorry for herself.

“Knock knock” a sound came from the door.

“Come in” Roo called out. “Hey I wasn't expecting you” she smiled when she saw Brett's head poke around the door before he stepped in.

“Yeah sorry I should of called, I can go if it's a bad time...” he trailed off seeming a little aquad.

“No it's fine” Roo assured him, seeming her usual bubbly self, “you can't run away that easily, I've hardly seen you since we got to town, come sit down” she encouraged him.

“Alright” he gave in walking around to the other side of the couch and sitting on the arm so he was next to her, “How have you been?”

“Yeah I've been alright, mostly catching up with dad and Pete” she answered.

“You and your dad getting along?” he aske raising an eyebrow.

“Surprisingly yes” she giggled.

Silence then came upon the room, both looking down at Martha who was still peacefully asleep, it was kind of peacefull just the three of them there, it was the first time since the first night they'd got to Summer bay that they'd all been together, most of the days Brett spent with Martha Roo was doing something else with ether her dad or Pete, and the way Pete seemed to have some sort of protection over Ruth made him feel like a third wheel, so he'd stayed clear of them.

“We did alright with her did we?” Brett whispered softly, both their eyes still fixated on their sleeping baby girl.

“Yeah we did” she sighed happily, “I can't believe she's all grown up”.

“Mmm” Brett nodded, “it feels like just yesterday I was at the hospital with both of you”.

They both looked up at eachother some kin of connection coming over them. Brett so desparately wanted to reach out and touch her, but he knew he couldn't, as much as he wanted to, and he knew deep down Ruth wanted it too.

“Um” Roo tried to tear her eyes away from him and change the subject, it was happening again; he was affecting her, just like he always did. He had a way of getting under her skin with just a look of want and desire, he didn't have to touch her and already she was falling for him over again. 'think Roo think' she told herself, trying to find anything to say, “Um, I, um. I should probably put this one to bed”.

“I can help” Brett offered, standing up before reaching down and lifting Martha up and out of Roo's arms. He could sence her trying to get away from him again, she was flipping out as usual, they were getting to close for her comfort. Now he was starting to remember why they'd lived on oposite sides of the worl for so long.

“Thanks” She smiled orquadly, getting up she walked towards Martha's room and opened to door with Brett behind her, she tried to walk quickly ahead of him, knowing that he was trying to hold onto the moment they'd had before.

She lifted the covers and Brett placed Martha down gently before she tucked her in and stepped away as she watched Brett lean down and kiss their daughter on the cheek.

“Nu-nite Princess” he whispered, bringing a smile to Roo's face. She still remembered how he used to say that every night before Martha feel asleep at the hospital after she was born. It was one of the things she'd loved about him, he'd always been caring in that way, well most of the time. There were times when he'd been a typical careless seventeen year old boy that she'd still always remember.

But right now all she could see was the Brett who cared, he was growing on her, and though he wasn't even looking at her at that present second, she knew she was on the verge of letting him close again, but she had to stay in control.

Following Brett's lead she left the room behind him so they were back out to the small hall way next to the kitchen, the two of them face to face where the stood on silence until one foud something to say.

“Why don't you come back to the hotel room so we can talk without waking Martha up?” Brett suggested, trying to stay as cool and calm as possible.

Roo knew she shouldn't, but something deep inside of her was itching to get out of here with him and just forget about everything else and all the complications around them and all the memories that loomed in the back of her mind. Since she'd gotten back to Australia, there had been rare ocasions where to two of them had been alone; at the airport, on the way to Summerbay, and now. All the orquadness and lust had been building gradually over those few occasions, and now it was uncontrolable.

'No Ruth no' she could hear her concious tell her, it was the worst possible idea to think of; her and Bret alone in a hotel room.

But then she gave in, he had that irisistable smile she'd fallen for every time, he was pleading with her, and it was working. “Um, yeah sure why not” she grinned. Grabbing her hand bag and leaving out the door with him.

Next time:

What ever I decide to write, :P . Can't be bothered to decide right now.

Archived