I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

Chapter number 26. Big brother

Peter walked along the path overlooking the beach outside the dinner, coffe in one hand and his black Jacket of his uniform in the other. He was late to work already, Breakfast with Ruth had gone a bit longer than he thought it would, they'd had so mush to catch up on.

They'd been separated for fifteen years, something that hadn't been to easy to adapt to considering they spend their entire lives practically glued to eachother's side, Ruth wasn't just any friend, she was his best friend, his twin sister.

Over the years they growed up together they'd gotten to a point where they could read eachothers minds, they knew what the other was saying when they kept their mouth shut while someone was around and they knew what the other would say when they weren't there to help. It was a bond most of their frineds at school had envied, and what made the gossipers of the small town more convinced that Peter and Ruth were infact made for each other.

Taking the last mouthfull of coffee from the take-away cup, he tosed the paper object into a nearby trash can before continuing along the path as he put on his black jacket.

Up ahead he saw a sight thatsudenly ruined his happy state of mind, the man that had made Ruth's life hell for her to live all those years ago; Brett Macklin.

Peter's fists clenched at the sight of him, he wanted to give him a piece of his mind. How could the guy apandon Roo with his newborn baby like that? It was something that made Peter wonder what sick thoughts went through the guys messed up head. He'd only sticked around for two weeks after martha was born, which was the time Ruth was kept in hospital after ther premature labour, but as soon as she was deregistered he'd disapeared.

After that Ruth had had to make the tough decision to but her precious baby up for adoption, something he'd seen her cry about for hours, even after Martha was gone. And just when he thought she'd moved on she'd be in pain about it again, just by the mention of a single word or seeing a mother with their new baby, she'd remember it all again, and all he could do was watch and be a shoulder for her to cry on.

Watching her like that was one of the hardest things he'd had to do in his teenage years. Most things he'd been able to fix for her like any big brother would, if a guy at school was giving her a hard time, he'd bash them up, or if she was in trouble he'd find a way to get her out.

But this was something he'd been unable to fix, giving Brett a black eye or a broken leg wouldn't take away the fact that Martha was gone.

Narrowing his eyes Peter stormed up the hill to where Brett sat on a wooden seat under a large tree looking out to the ocean, his arms were stretched out along the top of the back rest and he seemed pretty peaceful which made Peter even more angry at the fact that the mand could be so relaxed and think that after twenty years he could just come back and have the perfect family he'd thrown away just with the click of a finger.

“Macklin” Pete called out.

“Oh if it isn't Ruth's body guard Mr Baker” Brett looked up at the sight of Peter coming towards him. “So what can I do for you then?”

“You can promise me that your not going to lay a finger on Roo again” Pete started, not seeming to impressed at all, “wait no, I wouldn't trust a single word that came out of your mouth” he chuckled slightly before grabbing Brett by the collar until he was standing up infront of him. Looking him dead in the eye Peter warned him, “If you hurt Ruth in any way shape of form, you'll have me to answere to, and I can promise you I'm not going to be happy at all” he finished before walking away to his car and driving off, he was really late now, but it was all worth it.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“So” Cam started as he sat down in his office on an old lounge chair he'd moved in here for him to sleep on when ever he was working late after midnight.

“What did you want to talk about?” Martha asked, sitting down next to him, “is something wrong?”

Cam nodded, “it's my mum” he lied, he couldn't tell her the truth, she couldn't know what was really going on. “She's really sick”.

“Oh I'm sorry”

“No, I'm sorry” Cam corrected her.

“Why? You don't have anything to be sorry about” she told him.

'If only she knew' Cam told himself, 'if only she knew'. “I have to go back to Perth, to look after her” he explained, “and... and I'm sorry but we an't keep seeing eachother”.

Martha suddenly felt relieved, for a minute she was feeling that she shouldn't tell him now and that he'd need her suport, but now she wouldn't even need to explain her reasons for quitting and ending things with them.

“I don't want to leave you” he continued, “but I need to be there for my mum, and I can't just expect you to pack up and come with me, now while things are going to well for you with your parents.

Nodding Martha opened her mouth to speak, trying to find the right words, “I understand, she's your mum”.

“Thankyou” Cam smiled, he'd thought about what he was going to tell her all morning, ever possible story crossing his mind. “So what did you want to talk about then?”

“Oh nothing much, just thinking of quitting dancing and stuff” she explained, “it just feels like the right time to stop”.

“Fair enough” he nodded, “well I'm putting the club on the market first thing tomorrow so I guess it saves me from firing you” he commented.

Martha just laughed, she was happy now, coming here she'd thought he'd get angry, but this was definitely a much better way for them to part. “Well good luck, I hope things go well in Perth”.

“Yeah, I hope things go well for you too” he smiled at her, it wasn't easy letting her go, but it was something that had to be done.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Pete walked through the door of the station, just as Jack was putting a piece of paper on the notice board. “Glad I wasn't the only person late this morning” Jack spoke up when he noticed Peter strolling in the door.

“Yeah sorry i got held up” Peter explained.

“No need to appologise to me, I think you should be doing that to your girlfriend that's just gone home after a night shift hopping she'd get a cuddle from you before she left” Jack told him, stepping backwards and looking at the poster he'd just put up.

“Oh crap, I should probably go see her in my lunch break” he made a mental note. “So anything new this morning?”

“Yeah” Jack answered, pointing to the poster he was looking at, “this guy was eported missing last night in the city by his girlfriend, aparently he comes down this way a lot to catch up with some mates” he explained.

“Greg Sheldon” Pete read aloud as he skimed the information on the missing notice, “I've got a feeling I've seen him around town a few times”.

Author note: Yeap that's right guys, Greg Sheldon is the one Cindy killed. Please review.

Next time:

-Jack and Martha talk, (yeap that's right guys theirs finally going to be a Jack and Martha scene)

-Martha learns about how her parents met, and it's not exactly the story she'd imagined when she was a kid.

Coming Soon:

-Cam, Cindy and Crystal leave the bay for good, but will they get out of the country safely?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was fairly harmless wasnt it :)

Finally Martha's rid of Cam and that place :D

Cindy burnt the body in the end didnt she? :unsure:

(just trying to refresh my memory lol)

Peter should be with Roo, not Brett <_<

More please

(ps, YAY, a JnM scene, love you :D)

:o He's not dead?! *gulps* Oh dear... :unsure:

Pheeew, Martha's out of that place. And, Cam's leaving too; even better :D

Aww, Peter's being all over-protective and what-not, how cute lol.

Jack and Martha scene :wub: Can't wait to read more.

Cindy burnt the body in the end didnt she? :unsure:

Yeap she definitely did.

:o He's not dead?! *gulps* Oh dear... :unsure:

lol don't worry he is, they just don't know it cause he's only been reported as missing, where he was burnt is somewhere they probably wouldn't think to look, that's why Trent used it to keep alot of his illegal stuff in.

Peter should be with Roo, not Brett

lol I think you mean Ruth should be with Peter not Brett, not Peter should be with Roo not Brett. lol. Peter and Brett would be an interesting pair :P

Peter should be with Roo, not Brett

lol I think you mean Ruth should be with Peter not Brett, not Peter should be with Roo not Brett. lol. Peter and Brett would be an interesting pair :P

Lmao :lol:

How embarrassing :blush:

Your right, I did mean Ruth should be with Peter :P

But yes, Peter and Brett would make an interesting pair :wink:

Hey guys here's the next chapter, sorry if it's a bit long.

Warning contains some sexual content (SC)

Chapter number 27. Keeping distance

Strolling along the beach Jack took in a deep reath of the fresh air and the smell of the ocean. He loved coming down here, it always helpt him think about things properly, and boy did he need to think at the moment.

He couldn't seem to get the events of yesterday morning out of his head, he could remember everything so clearly, even though it seemed at the time that he had no control over what he was doing.

He remembered how she made him feel, every sound of want she made and every time he'd stoped and she'd made him forget about things all over again just by a single touch or word. Maybe he was affected by her still, maybe his dad was right, but how could he feel so strongly about wanting Sam back if he was? It was all so confusing in Jack's mind, none of it made sense.

Up ahead he spotted her sitting at the edge of the beach, looking out at the horison, her hair blowing behind her in the wind and her face with not a single strand of hair covering it was beautiful in his mind, she seemed so calm just sitting there.

He kept his eyes focused on her as he came closer and sat down next to her, not saying a word as she turned her face to look at him. “Hey” she smiled, she was thinking of seeing him today, they had to talk.

“Hey” he smiled back, sudenly looking at her a little more seriously. “Martha..... about the other day-”.

“Jack” she stopped him, sighing she looked back out to the ocean, gathering her thoughts, she couldn't look at him while she processed things, he had this way of making her melt just by looking at her, it was like his eyes had a way of hipmotising her, she could spend hours just stairing into them and completely losing herself. But she had to focus right now so looking back at him she tried her hardest not to look him in the eye, and within seconds she failed.

“Look I know things are probably still a little weird” he started.

“Just a little weird?”

“Ok so very weird” he corrected himself.

“We can't just keep ignoring it Jack” Martha started, she knew in her mind that she shouldn't be saying this, but her heart wanted him so badly. “It's still their isn't it?” she whispered, she didn't know what to feel, she was over-run by emotions, she wanted to reach out and touch him, she wanted to run away and hide, she just didn't know what to do.

“I don't know Martha” he spoke gently, just as emotional as she was, “I don't know what to thing” he repeated, stairing infront of him at nothing in particular. “It was only a few weeks ago that Sam was still here and things were all so easy, and now I really don't know what's even going on in my head” he explained.

Martha nodded, she'd forgotten about Sam, 'poor guy must really be confused' she thought to herself. “Maybe we should keep some distance for a little while” she suggested, trying her hardest to keep herself together.

She knew the only thing stopping them being together was Sam, gosh the girl was more anoying gone than she was when she had been in the bay, atleast while she was here it gave Martha a proper reason to stay away from Jack and not throw herself at him. Now it just seemed like he was holding onto a past that was never going to come back to him, Sam put her son first, she wouldn't be coming back to the bay, it would be to dangerous.

“Just so we can think things through properly” she added to explain where she was coming from.

“Yeah” Jack agreed, “I better go” he continued getting up, he knew he couldn't stay any longer, he'd start to cry if he did.

“Bye” Martha spoke before he walked away, she watched him till he was out of sight, keeping her eyes directy on him, hoping with every second that went past that he'd change his mind and come back to her, but he never did.

Picking herself up Martha walked aimlessly in the other direction till she reached the clifs, climbing up to the top she found a place to sit herself down away from the eyes of anyone else. Then letting herself fall apart she cried her heart out.

Just like Sam was never coming back to Jack, she knew Jack was never coming back to her.

“Hey gorgeous” Peter smiled as he poked his head through Lara's bedroom door.

Lara rolled over, opening her eyes emediently at the sound of his voice, “hey” she sighed, still half asleep, but happy that he'd come, “Is it Lunch time already?”

“Mhm” he nodded, crawling into her bed to cuddle up to her, planting a few fresh kisses on her neck. “Sorry I didn't get to work intime to see you this morning”.

“It's ok, I know you and Roo probably had a lot to catch up on” she answered, she knew Ruth bein here ment a lot to Peter, she'd seen photo's of the two of them when they were growing up in his parent's photo albums, and she had to say after seeing the amount of apperances she'd made in it, she only guessed that Roo was like the extra child they'd never had.

“Yeah we did. But right now, I believe we have a lot to catch up on” he smirked, berrying his head back into her neck and wrapping his arms around her. The last week at work had been pretty hectic, not a night had gone past when one of them hadn't been on night shift due to the shortage of staff.

“Pete it's your lunch break, we don't have time for sex right now” she told him moving over to un atatch his teeth from her neck and looking over at her alarm clock, “it's only twenty minutes till you have to be back at work. Remember what happened last time we decided to have sex when we had to be on our way to the station?” she reminded him, repositioning herself on her side so that she was facing him.

“We could so do it in twenty minutes” he spoke in a husky voice, moving in closer to re join his lips with hers. Tempting her he moved his hands under the covers, roming his fingertips across her body and down the back of her legs.

“Mmm” she mumbled under her breath, she could feel him taking over her again, it was a feeling she loved. Being with him was like a dream come true, most of her life she'd never found someone who she was happy to let into her life, but Peter wasn't like any of the other men she'd dated, he was different, no one could compare to how amazing he was and how beautiful he made her feel.

Separating her lips from her she gasped for air, muttering a few words under her breath that made Peter's smiled all the wider, “If your late I had nothing to do with it”. And with that she threw herself at him, both of them giving into the temptation that they'd been without for the last week.

It was another hour before Martha managed to pull herself together again, everytime she thought she'd stopped, she started again. But deep down she knew her mothers words last night were right, staying away from Jack and Cam was what she needed, she needed to find herself again, no matter how hard it was to resist the two men in her life.

Sighing Martha picked herself up, finding her balance on her feet and stumbling her way long slowly as she prepaired herself to be around other people, she needed to forget about Jack, how she was going to do that she didn't know, but she had to find a way.

“Hey princess” a voice called out as she reached the bottom and was back on the beach, looking around to where it came from Martha saw her dad.

“Hey” she smiled, maybe it wouldn't be that hard to stop thinking about Jack, “Do you wanta go grab something from the diner?”

“Yeah sounds great” Brett agreed, the two of them then walking along the beach and up to path at lead to the diner. “So are you alright, you seem a little quiet” he asked as the reached the grass away from the beach.

“Not really, haven't had the best day”.

“You feel like talking about it?”

Martha thought for a second, “Not really” she came to the conclusion, “Anyway, lets talk about something else” she changed the subject from anyconversation that could lead to having Jack's name mentioned in it “Like... like how you and mum met” she started, “and please don't give me the two sentence answere I get from mum everytime I ask”.

Her mum's short answere usualy consisted of a few diferent ways of telling the story, like 'oh well we went to boarding school together, liked what we saw and had sex' which usually was followed by her mum quickly trying to change the subject to stop her asking any more questions about it, she knew their had to be more to the story than that.

“You really want to know?” Brett questioned, not sure he should be telling his daughter who he'd only known for twenty four hours about how much of a jerk he'd been before she was born. But then again, knowing how angry Ruth had been at him up until a few years ago, he was pretty sure she'd probably used the word jerk, ass hole or tosser in those two sentences.

“I really want to know” she answered as they entered the diner.

“Alright, but you've got to remember we were both very young back then”.

“Yeah I know” Martha nodded.

“Alright well...” he started as they sat down.

Jack wondered his way back into the station, still with his head in the clouds, Martha's words still stuck in his mind 'we can't just keep ignoring it Jack. It's still their isn't it?'

She was right, it was still there, it had always been there. He loved Martha..... but he loved Sam, was it really possible to be in love with two women?

“Wow” Martha started amazed at how much scandal the beginning of her life had had in it, and she had to admit, after hearing what her mum had been through, sudenly her problems seemed so far behind her, almost like listening to someone lses life was some sort of distraction.

“You don't hate me?” Brett asked causiously.

“No of course not” Martha exclaimed, “why would I ever hate you? Yeah you made a few bad choices, but that's just life” she trailed off, suddenly realising that she sould be taking some of her own words for advice, smiling to herself she looked back up to her dad.

“You alright?”

“Yeah”, she grinned, “Yeah I am”. Jack, Cam and Ash, they were all just bad choices, and it was just life, if it wasn't them, it would be someone else. That's why she knew, right then that she was making the right choice, she had to let them go, it wasn't going to be easy, but right then at that second she felt on top of the world like a kid at christmas. She knew that she was strong enough to get over Jack, just knowing that she believed in herself made her happy.

Cindy ziped up Crystal's suit case as she put the last of her daughters cloths in it, in some ways she was excited, she'd always wanted to go overseas, but the firthest she'd gone was Tasmania, which as much as it seemed like another country, it was still in Australia.

“I'm home” Cam's voice calld out from the door.

“It's about time what took you so long?” Cindy asked as she poked her head out of Crystal's room and spotted him down the hall way.

“Just some stuff, I'll tell you later” he explained.

Cindy nodded, taking the hint that Crystal wasn't supposed to over hear it, “so then, I've packed most of our clothes, now all we need to do is back anything else we need and decide where were going” she huffed.

“We haven't decided yet?” Crystal piped up, “Oh, can we please go to France”.

“I don't know sweety” Cindy started, sounding doubtful.

“Actually that's not such a bad idea” Cam agreed.

“Yeah it's not a bad idea, but how are we going to aford to go to Europe?” Cindy asked, thinking logically.

“Well, once we sell this place and the club, we'll be able to aford to go just about anywhere” Cam shrugged, and he was right, they'd get a good price for this house, it was huge, and definitely not cheep, just like the club.

“Well I guess were going to France then” Cindy smiled, it would be a nice change for all of them she thought.

Please review

Next time:

-Cindy, Cam and Crystal say goodbye to the bay.

-Martha breaks down

-Things get steamy between Brett and Roo.

Martha is a loser, as if she is going to get over Jack. No-one can get over Jack :P

Jack is a loser. AS if he could get over Martha. He loves her more than he ever loves SAm, just just doesnt know that.

Peter and Lara :wub:

Aurivour (sp?) the Reynolds :)

More please

Great chapter, I love long ones :D

Poor Jack and Martha, there both just confused, they really need to get there heads together lol

Oooo, its going to get hot and steamy for Peter and Roo, I like that :P

They seem cute together :wub:

More please :)

Archived