I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

Warning: May contain some course language.

Chapter number 38.In broad daylight

Martha couldn't help herself, there she was lying on her back in the sand and with Jack's toungue down her throught, she couldn't imagine anything more perfect, well actually she could; all of which, involved Jack in some way or another.

Kissing him back she let out a small moan, she couldn't stop it, right then she was on top of the world, he made her feel so alive, more alive than she'd felt in days.

Lowering his body down on top of her Jack ran his hand down her side until it rested on her thigh, running his fingertips in tiny circles.

Responding to his touch Martha moved her hands down the length of Jack's back, fiddling with the hem of his shirt before running her hands under the material and roaming her hands around the soft skin of the small of his back.

Breaking the kiss, Jack kept his face within inches of hers, panting heavily. It was amazing after so much time apart, she could still affect him like this. Rolling them over, he held Martha on top of him, fiddling with a stray piece of hair.

“I've missed you” she whispered, moving her head so it rested on his shoulder.

“I've missed you too” he smiled, fir the first time in a long time he was truly happy.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Rushing into the hospital, Racheal ran as fast as she possibly could, “Could we get some help please” she called out, searching for a nurse or someone.

“Racheal, what's going on?” Julie asked, coming out from the back room with a few pacient files on her hands.

“Sam's been attacked” Racheal panicked, “she's out the front in the carpark. We need a bed or something, she's not looking good”.

“Ok I'll get a team out there” Julie rushed off down the hallway.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

“In broad daylight!” Peter yelled, slambing a pile of files on the front desk of the police station, “he attacked some one in the friggen middle of the day and managed get away with it!”.

Everyone else in the room was perfectly silent, all to scared to make a sound, they were security around the bay and it just so happened that the five minutes it took for the attacker to take his next victum and get away that it had been the same time all three officers rostered on were so 'conveniently' on their break.

“How on earth are we supposed to make people believe that we're trying to look after them when something like this happens and I had three bloody officers supposed to be in the area!”

“I expect better from all of you, if I so happen to see anything like this happening again, I'll be firing people faster that someone can be this jokers next victum, is that understood” Peter made himself clear, what he hated more than the fact that they had another stalker on their hands was the fact that even when they had the most officers they'd had in the last five years, they still managed to screw up.

“Yes detective” they all muttered in almost perfect unison. From now on they were going to have too keep their heads down and focus.

Next time:

-How bad is Sam injured?

-the affair continues, will Jack and Martha get caught out?

Please review.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's more, sorry it's been a while.

Warning: May contain some course language

Chapter number 39. Oh crap

Waking up slowly, Jack found his body side by side to Martha, who still lay asleep in the bed of her apartment above the diner. The white linen sheets loosely crinkled over her beautiful body frame, covering her naked skin modestly.

He watched her, smiling to himself as he remembered the last few hours. It was perfect being with her again, he could never have dreamt of this, there was no way to just imagine how happy being with her made him feel.

He remembered the first time he saw her, she was wearing a black dress that complimented her body perfectly, her hair was partly up, still showing it's beautiful length and her smile was the main feature of her amazing complexion. She'd been furious with him, throwing back smart alic remarks at him to whatever he said, the girl definitely had some attitude, he like it.

She was a challenge to start with, yet another girl for Jack Holden to bed. She was different to the other girls he'd dated, the others would of ignored the speeding fine along with the warning to turn down the music, just to be with him, But Martha was stubborn, she made him work hard to get into bed with her, and before long he was addicted to her, she was like a drug he couldn't live without. And to this day that still hadn't changed, she was still his drug, one he was rediscovering, and now he wondered how he managed to go so long without her.

Reaching out to touch her, Jack ran his fingers through her soft dark hair that sat lightly around her face and down her chest. She let out a soft moan, before opening her eyes to see Jack smiling down at her.

“Hey beautiful” Jack spoke huskily, leaning down to kiss her lightly and cup her cheek.

“Mmm. Am I dreaming?” she sighed, she was finally waking up in Jack's arms again, it felt amazing. Her smile couldn't be taken off her face; she was over the moon, full of joy.

“No” he whispered, leaning back in to place his lips back on hers. He could see her eyelids closing back over slowly before she captured his lips with hers. That moment was precious, it was filled with passion and emotion, along with the longingness for more.

They both wanted to hold onto that moment for the rest of their lives, but deep down they knew that that couldn't happen, Jack still had a girlfriend and they still had a complicated life that had so many other things going on.

They could only pretend that this was all there was to it; their love.

As fast as possible, Tony along with Rory ran into the hospital. “Rach, is she ok?” Tony managed to get out while trying to catch his breath, he’d been trying to call Jack on the way to let him know what was going on, but he couldn’t reach him on his phone.

“We don’t know much yet” she explained, “come through here”. She lead them down the corridor a few doors until they came to room ten.

Entering the room, Tony noted how many computer monitors there were along with all the tubes coming in and out of her. She was so still and helpless, not exactly the site he’d been hoping to see. Jack would be devastated, Sam had just come back into his life and now this was happening.

“Mum” Rory cried, racing to Sam’s bedside, he hated this so much, he couldn’t lose his Mum, he didn’t know what he’d do if she wasn’t around.

“She’s had some internal bleeding” Rachael explained, “We don’t know how bad it is at this point, but we’re going to have to operate as soon as Dr Sullivan gets here.

“When will that be?” Rory interrupted her, “shouldn’t you be doing something now?”

“Rory, he’ll be in any minute now, we’re doing the best we can” Rachael tried to reassure him as Julie and a few other nurses entered the room in a hurry.

“Dr Sullivan’s here” Julie told them, “we need to get her in to surgery”.

“Mmm” Martha moaned as Jack planted tiny kisses down her neck and onto her shoulder. It was amazing how he could make her feel like this. It was like they’d never been apart.

Jack moved his body up slightly moving his mouth close to her ear to whisper something to her, however the sudden sound of a door opening stopped him.

“Martha?” a voice called out.

“Oh crap it’s my mum” Martha whispered. “Stay in here”.

Martha crawled out of bed quickly getting dressed quicker than she had in her entire life before coming out of her room and shutting the door behind her. “Hey mum” she said trying to hide how panicked she was.

“Oh there you are” Roo smiled. “I thought you weren’t home for a minute”, reaching into a shopping bag and pulling out a black dress that she’d just bought, “anyway I need to get you opinion on a few things.

Maratha smiled with relief, she didn’t suspect a thing.

Lara walked into Pete’s office and closed the door quietly behind her, Peter still hadn’t noticed her there, and he was off in a world of his own.

She snuck up behind him, where he sat at his desk, then leaning down she kissed his neck.

Peter snapped out of his chain of thought at the feeling of Lara’s mouth on his neck, he didn’t even remember hearing her come in. “hey you”.

“Hey” Lara spoke, removing her lips from his skin and moving round to sit on Peter’s lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Jackie told me what happened this morning, I thought you might need some cheeking up”. She knew he hated it when there were major stuff ups like this especially seeing as he was the one who had to explain what happened to the boss, along with filling out an incident report.

Pete didn’t say anything, and he didn’t need to either, he just smiled, running his fingers through her hair before capturing her lips with his.

“Detective” McGrath interrupted, opening the office door to find both Peter with his tongue down Lara’s throat.

“McGrath” Peter acknowledged his presence, pulling away from Lara quickly.

“I need you to fill out that incident report and have it on my desk in an hour” he told him, then looked at Lara. “Fitzgerald, your coming with me, there’s been another noise complaint”.

“Bugger” Lara sighed as McGrath walked away.

“I’ll make it up to you tonight” Pete whispered into her ear, giving her another kiss before she got up.

Turning his attention back to his desk he looked down at the file on his desk before pulling an incident report out of his draw and unwillingly filling it out.

Next time:

-Who gets kidnapped?

-Jack’s still stuck in Martha’s room.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rach, this chapter's for you.

Warning: may contain sexual references and/or course language

Chapter number 40. Just a hoax?

“Oh crap” Lara muttered as she stepped out of the passengers side of the police car with McGrath, “It's probably a hoax” she spoke up, noting that everything seemed in order. They'd been called out to an old house in Yabbie creek, someone had told them that there’d been to much noise coming from the house, but nothing what so ever could be heard apart from the sound of the occasional bird singing as it flew by.

“Yeah probably, but we still have to check the place out properly” he explained, taking a good look at the old house, it was moderately isolated from the other houses around it, it wasn't a farm, but it certainly had room for a couple of paddocks. It was double storied, and still in fairly good condition, the owners had obviously re-painted it not too long ago.

Walking to the door Fitzy followed her boss, he didn’t normally come on complaint notifications like this, but with security around the hospital in such high demand very few officers were available to do such small tasks while on duty.

“Knock, knock” McGrath knocked on the wooden door, the sound echoing from the strong door.

“Come in it’s unlocked” a voice called out from inside.

Cautiously McGrath opened the door, grinding his teeth as it screeched from the rusty hinges. Stepping inside he walked a few steps before stopping and turning around to see Lara closing the door carefully behind her.

The next thing he knew he could see someone jump out from the first room in the house and grab Lara, one hand round her mouth and another round her body. Before he could react in any way he sensed another figure from behind him, holding a gun to his head, clicking it to get ready to shoot if necessary.

“Now you listen to exactly what I say and no body gets hurt”, the figure warned.

Jack rested his head back onto a pillow on Martha’s bed, it was 1:30, exactly an hour and a half since Martha’s mum had gotten home, and yet he was still stuck in her room.

In that time he’s managed to keep as quiet as possible, he’d gotten dressed, made Martha’s bed and even managed to clean up her room a bit, but he was rapidly running out of things to do, and now his mind had began to wander. He couldn’t believe he was doing this, he had a girlfriend waiting for him at home and he was sleeping with his ex-wife, kind of ironic really, he’d divorced Martha and he still hadn’t managed to keep away.

He’d always been disgusted by men who cheated on the women they were supposed to be devoted to, but now that he was doing just the same thing as they were, it suddenly didn’t feel the way he thought it would if he was cheating on someone.

He was starting to understand why people did it, and just like them he couldn’t make up his mind what he wanted.

One minute he was in bed with Martha with nothing more to think about than having round two and how great life was with her, then the next he was wondering What Sam was doing. It was like he wanted two different lives.

Lara Fitzgerald and Darren McGrath both sat on chairs in the attic room of the old house in Yabbie creek, tied with rope around their wrists, waist and feet. The room was bare except for the two chairs they sat on in the centre, it had wooden floorboards; old and unpolished, the walls were plain and old, the creamy off-white colour beginning to peal off the wall.

Only one window could bee seen in the room, from there you could see out the back of the house, no roads, just green grass and trees as far as the eye could see right into the national park on the mountains.

Lara stood up, her two feet tied together and the chair lifting from the rope that tied her back to it, scuffling along she placed herself back onto the chair when she reached the window. “Boss”, she started staring out into the distance, “What do you think they want from us?”

Darren thought for a moment, the last time he’d been in a situation like this he’d been a constable, about the same age as Lara was, there’d been a shooting and a teenage boy had been killed, the father blamed the police for not doing enough to stop it, so he captured a bunch of officers as revenge, one of them being him, it made sense that time, the man told them exactly why he was doing this, but in this situation, there was nothing to tell him why these people were keeping them there.

“I don’t know” Darren sighed, “I really don’t know”. He’d become a police chief so he didn’t have to do all this kind of fieldwork, now look where he was.

Jack looked up twenty minutes later to see Martha standing in the doorway and the sound of the shower running, “It’s safe” she announced, noticing the smile of relief plastered on Jack’s face.

“Thank god she didn’t come in here” Jack commented, getting up and making his way towards her where she still stood with her hip rested against the doorframe.

“Yeah thank god, she’s in the shower now so we better get you out of here pretty soon before she gets out” she explained as Jack cupped her cheek and drew her face towards his with one gentle movement.

She kissed him lightly for a moment, before he then began kissing her rougher, pinning her against the doorframe.

Martha moaned, feeling his body pressed right against hers, it felt like heaven.

Jack was getting carried away again, once again he could think nothing more than sex, he was loosing the plot, not that he was complaining, or Martha for that matter.

Martha moved her hands up under the hem of Jack’s shirt, roaming her hands against the skin of his toned muscular back. Remembering that her mother was still in the flat, Martha pulled away, keeping her face within centimetres of his, both of them panting to catch their breath. “We better not get to carried away”.

“Yeah your right”.

Neither of them could bring themselves to break their eye lock, their faces stayed in such close proximity that Jack felt like taking her back into her bedroom right then, she made him feel so much energy.

“Will you be back?” Martha finally asked the question.

“just try stopping me” he grinned. “Plus you’ve got to admit sneaking around is a bit of a turn on” he spoke huskily, moving his mouth to the side of her face and nibbling her ear slightly.

“Mmm” she groaned, he was doing it to her again, he was driving her crazy, she wanted him so badly, but she knew they shouldn’t give in, they’d get caught for sure.

“Jack” she stopped him.

“I know, I’m going”.

Next time:

-It’s getting late and Pete’s worried about Lara

-Jack finds out about Sam’s attack.

-How does Sam’s operation go?

Please review.

:o

That was sooo good!

And poor Lara and McGrath! They are in some major doo doo's now lol

Peter to the rescue Im hoping :D

Aw, Jack and Martha :wub: They're so perfect!

Well, apart from the fact that Jacks cheating on Sam and they're sneaking around :P

But that just makes them so much hotter lol

Great chapter, I love your writing :)

Looking forward to more

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rach, love reading your reviews.

Just one question for anyone else, is anyone other than Rach actually reading this? There's not really much point in me writting more of this fic if there's not.

I mean I don't expect absolutaly every to review if there reading this, but for the last few months I've been extremely lucky if I even get two reviews from a chapter, which isn't all that encouraging.

So if you are reading this fic, I'd love to hear from you, I don't expect you to write an essay on the dialogue or anything, just a sentence or two on what you thought.

• 1 month later...

Ok so that's one other person, look I'll finnish this fic, cause I've already got two fics sitting in the valt, which is two too many as far as I'm concerned, but I'll cut it shorter than the two fic's I was originally going to for this story, maybe say ten chapters or so?

I don't know when exactly I'll be updating due to the fact that I've just started year 11 and even though it's not harder then year 10, in the subjects I'm doing for HSC there's twice the work, so I won't have the time or energy to be doing frequent updates unless it's in holidays.

Archived