I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it probably would be disturbing. Your line about them was definitely a classic though, .

Your never going to let me live that down are you <_<

:P

Maybe I should avoid writing long posts, that way, I could avoid making stupid comments :P

Great chapter, how could you bring Sam back though :(

No fair!

Martha's so cute bless her.

Update soon

Ps, I dont think I made any mistakes that time, go me! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this one's short.

Chapter number 29. Questions

In the middle of the city, Cindy and Cam sat on the couch of their hotel room on the fifteenth floor. The sun had gone down ages ago, but the city lights kept things that were as far as the next building clearly visible.

“Cam” Cindy spoke up, thaking even herself by surprise at the fact that the silence that had been kept for over an hour now had been broken.

“Yeah?”

“Do you ever wonder what would of happened it we'd played our cards differently” she asked, stairing aimlessly at nothing in particular. “I mean like it we'd never be in Sydney or if we'd gotten the cops involved as soon as Trent threatened you?”

“Only everyday” Cam answered, looking over at Cindy and wrapping one arm around her shoulders so that her head rested on his shoulder. “But you know what? It doesn't matter any more, were free now, we didn't have the easiest time getting here, but we've got through all of it now” he told her warmly, he had a good feeling about this trip, it was the trip to end all trips, this time they weren't going to work for Trent, they'd be normal parents, well as normal as they could be raising a child when they weren't even in love or married like most parents were that lived under the same roof, but even that would feel normal compaired to how they'd been living for the past five years. “Just think, in two weeks we'll be sitting on that plane to go to our new life”.

“Yeah” she sighed, “I know it's over and all, but I keep thinking that somethings going to happen and that maybe it's not over” she explained, swallowing hard to try and keep her emotions contained, she didn't really know what she was exactly feeling, it was a mix of happyness, guilt, excitement, fear and uncertanty.

“It's over Cindy” he assured her, sqeazing her arm slightly, “Trust me, it's over”.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Fifteen seconds earlier:

In the next room of the hotel Crystal sat on her bed with her back against the wall reading a book that she'd been alowed to pack, if she could, she would of brought the whole library with her, but her dad had told her it wouldn't fit on the plane, so she'd settled for a suitcase full of them.

At the sudden sound of words coming from the lounge room, Crystal grabbed her book mark, putting it inbetween the two pages and closing the book, it was another one of her dad's crime books. She loved crime books, they always seemed to make her life look that little bit more close to normal.

Her parents thought she'd been asleep for the last hour, but she'd stayed up, just like she always did, she'd wait till they'd gone to bed before she then too fell asleep. It was the only way she could make sure she wasn't kept in the dark about the truth. Cindy and Cam had always hept her room right next to the lounge room where ever they moved, they liked to keep her close where they could keep and eye on her,. Their only mistake however was being nieve enough to think she didn't know what was going on, they always knew she was a bright girl, but in their minds they still thought they'd mnaged to keep the cotton wool tightly over her eyes.

“But you know what? It doesn't matter any more, were free now, we didn't have the easiest time getting here, but we've got through all of it now” her father's voice traveled through the wall. Suddenly questions started to fill Crystal's head, he was talking about them being free and starting a new life, she didn't get it, how were they free? Trent was watching practically their every move, she'd heard him threaten her dad before, more than once, they'd never be free while he was alive.

You see, as much as Crystal tried listened to every converstation she could that her parents had involving Trent, theer were converstations she hadn't heard, like Trent's death, and when they realised that the only people that were any harm to them was infact only Trent and Greg. Which in some ways was probably a good thing, if she'd know that her beloved father had actually killed someone it would of probably turned her whole world upside down.

Please review.

Next time:

-Uh Oh Ruth, don't play with fire, it'll hurt.

Great chapter.

Crystals definatly a smart kid. But how old is she again? :unsure:

And she reads crime books, so cute :D

I think Cam's living in a dream world, there's no way its over and theyll be able to start a new life somewhere else now, no way!

Looking forward to more :)

• 2 weeks later...

^^Um I think she's about 8, not entirely sure, but she's one of those really smart kids with an IQ higher than kids their age, so I guess she doesn't really act 8, lol.

Warning, may contain some things not suitable for young readers, (SC)

Chapter number 30. Falling apart

Brett opened the door to his hotel room at the resort, letting Roo in and closing it again, there was an orquad silence between them, nether of them knew what to say, it was like it was eatting away at them. Feeling the need to make things a bit more comfortable, Roo searched her mind for something to say, “Nice place” she stuttered, imediently kicking herself inside for coming up with suck a stupid comment.

But to Brett just the sound of something other than the air passing his ears was a relief .“Yeah it is isn't it” he smiled, “Wine?”

“Yes please” she agreed, sitting herself down on the couch, maybe a few glasses would help them both lighten up a bit.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Lara nussled herself into Peter's chest where they were both curled up together in the hamach on the balcany of Peter's flat. It was so peacefull, from where they were they could see out into the dark sky crowded with tiny shinning lights that twinkled and the full moon that had come out an hour ago. But nomatter how peaceful their suroundings seemed, Lara knew something wasn't quite right.

Pete hadn't been himself all afternoon, he'd been quiet and it seemed like his mind was off in another world. She didn't know what was going on with him, it wasn't just his strange behaviour that day, he'd been a little distant all week. Usually when she spoke to him she knew he was really listening to her, but the last week it was like she'd been talking to a brick wall, yes he'd nodd and say something every now and then, but she knew deep down that she wasn't what his mind was focusing on, there was something else, and so far she'd been completely clueless about what or who it might be.

Sighing Lara couldn't take to much more of this. She looked up at him, his eyes off into the nights sky and lost in space. He was right next to her, but yet he seemed so far away, she could feel him driffing away, she was losing him.

Looking down, Peter noticed how sad Lara looked, she was watching him, she was gloomy and anxious, her eyes were what made him worry, she was sad, she didn't need to tell him that, he just knew. He'd been neglecting her, but he couldn't help it, his mind was with someone else he was so worried about; Ruth. He knew as much as she denyed it that Brett had the power to draw her in and hurt her again. He couldn't bare not being able to do anything to stop her from making the same mistake again. Part of him wanted to believe that she'd resist the temptation when and if it arrived, but her knew it wasn't going to happen.

He reached on hand out to cup Lara's cheek, using his thumb to stroke her cheek bone, he wanted to tell her so many things, like why he'd been the way he'd been lately, that he still loved her and that he wanted to mke her feel better than she was right now, but he couldn't, as easy as speaking words seemed, he just couldn't do it.

Lara closed her eyes as she felt his fingers touching her face, it sent tingles down her spine and made her begin to relax slightly.

“Lara” Pete's voice finally spoke softly.

Imediently her eyes shot open, a wait had been lifted off her shoulders.

“I'm sorry” he managed to bring himself to say, it was the only way he could sum up exactly how he was feeling.

Lara nodded slightly, he didn't need to tell her what he ment, she already knew, they both did. “I love you” she whispered, hoping to get the response she needed to hear, she needed to hear him say it.

“I love you too” he answered, “I love you too”.

Not another word was spoken, they lay in silence till they fell asleep out on the balcony. Neither of them knew what else to say. They were falling apart, a week ago they were closer than anything, but now things were changing, both of them trying to hold on without adressing the proplem.

“Oh come on admit it, it was pretty funny” Roo laughed after taking a sip of wine and putting her glass back on the coffee table before putting her legs up over Brett's lap.

“Nope, can't say being drentched in beer was all that great” Brett answered, “but me daxing that losser afterwars was a sight worth seeing”, in the eleventh grade at boarding school one of the nerds who had a crush on Roo took to pouring a whole bucket of beer on Brett infront of her, his name was Ruben. He'd spent the whole time Ruth was at boarding school trying to impress her, if another guy looked like they were trying to chat her up then he'd do something to them like sneak a cocroach into their lunch at the cafateria when they weren't looking, but Ruben's main rival was Brett, he was jealous of him, mainly because he had the girl he wanted, but also because everyone liked him, he was from a rich family, he could score any girl he wanted and he had looks that could turn a guy gay if he tried hitting on them.

“Yeah wish I'd seen that, the guy was obsessed, I don't think there was a single day at that school where he didn't try to approach me for any reason” she groaned.

“Yeap, can't say any of the girls wanted to be you when he was around” he commented, “but hey I've got a pretty good idea why the guy liked you so much” he added, suddenly seeming a little more serious.

Ruth suddenly felt uncomfortable again, what had happened back at Martha's appartment only two hours ago was happening again. But this time however Brett moved in for the kill. His eyes were fixed on her, not even looking once as he placed his glass on the table. One hand reached out to touch the side of her face, making her feel weak.

His lips brushed up against hers softly, making her lose control, suddenly she fell the need for more. Her arms flung around his neck, one hand pushing the back of his head towards her to get him closer.

He lowered her down on the couch, hovering over her where she then lay vonerably, one of his hands ran along the side of her body till he reached her thigh where he drew tiny circles gently along the back of her leg, making her moan with pleasure. He smirked to himself, happy with how he was making her feel. Being with her was something he'd wanted for a long time.

Bringing them both back up Brett lifted her off the couch, her legs wrapping arownd his waist. Breaking his lips away from her's he moved his mouth down to her neck, kissing her skind until her found just the right spot, skinking his teath in he waited till her heard her scream his name before stopping and bringing her lips back to his before he carried her away down the small ahllway of the hotle room.

Please review, it would be much appreciated.

Next time:

-Sam settles in.

Archived