I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

Great chapter, but how can Martha act so normal after just having sex with Jack :blink:

Its like nothing even happened!

Marthas annoying me lol

Well she's still all over the place at the moment, the next few chapters will probably explain a bit.

Ok now this is totally off topic, but I really need to scream right now, Stupid state of origan, we should of won! why should Queensland win again this year, it's not fair!!! *not happy*.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter number 21. Mothers love

“Knock knock” Ruth called out as she knocked on the front door of Martha's apartment with Brett close behind her.

“Come in” Martha called back getting up just as the door opened and her mum's head appeared.

“Hey” Ruth squealled running to hug her daughter.

“Hey mum” Martha grinned, hugging her back before looking to see who was behind her, she guessed he was her dad.

Without any hesistation, she fell into his arms that were wide open, “Hey dad” she whispered looking up at him.

Brett smiled it was the first time he'd heard someone call him dad before, and he liked it. “Hey princess” he beamed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Later that night, : 7:03 pm

Ruth and Martha sat in the loungue room of the appartment above the diner, Brett had left a few minutes before to book a hotel room since there was only one spare room in the appartment and they'd agreed that Roo should have it.

“Mum can I ask you something?”

“Yeah of course you can sweety” Roo answered, ready to listen like she always had been when Martha needed her.

Martha hesitated for a minute, trying to find the right words, but then decided to say it how it was, “When you had me, did you... did you ever consider having an abortion?”

“Well not really, your father suggested it but-” she stopped to think. “not that he doesn't want you now, he-” she shot out, before Martha stopped her.

“Mum it's ok, I get it, he was younger then and had other priorities” she giggled.

“Yeah” she sighed. “Anyway, why do you ask?”

“Well... Mum, I've done something really stupid” she started.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Jack walked into the front of the Hunter/Holden house sliding his feet along the ground as he walked and dragged his bag along the ground behind him.

“Hey mate how's it going?” Tony asked poking his head out of the kitchen and coming into the living room.

“Yeah real great” Jack started sarcastically, “I've had a mountain of paper work to do, I slept with my best friend, Sam's never coming back and my lifes a complete nightmare. Yeah dad things are real great” he finnished, walking straight past him into the kitchen and getting a beer out of the fridge.

“Jack-”

“You don't need to feel sorry for me dad” Jack shot out, before storming off to his room like a todler having a tantrum.

“God help me” Tony sighed to himself, this was just great.

“I had no idea” Ruth said sympathetically, “you should of called me, you know I would have been over here on the next flight”. She'd just heard everything, right from Ash, to sleeping with Jack.

“Yeah I know, I guess I was just bottling up, I wasn't admitting I needed help from anyone” Martha explained, her eyes starting to fill with tears. “And I still keep doing it too. After Jack came and found me crying to pulled myself together again and pretended I was fine, and then you and Dad came I guess I just blocked it all out again” she added, “I don't know what to do”.

“Well I don't know eather” Roo told her calmly, “I wish I could tell you how to handle it but I can't”. Martha just nodded as Ruth pulled her into a motherly hug. “Let it all out” she soothed rubbing her hand up and down her daughters back, “let it all out”.

The two girls stayed like that for a few minutes, the only sounds were the ones coming from Martha as she sobbed. Slowly she started to calm down moving away from Ruth and sitting up again grabbing a tissue from the tissue box on the coffee table and blowing her nose.

“I know I said I couldn't fix anything for you, but there one thing I can fix for you” Ruth told her, digging for something in her handbag.

“What's that?”

“Well if you slept with this guy thismorning you've still got time...” she drifted off.

“Time for what?” Martha asked, puzzled at what her mum was trying to get at.

“Here we go” she said, pulling out a small bottle of pills, “morning after pill” she explained, opening it and getting one out, putting it in Martha's hand.

“Thanks” Martha smiled through her still slightly watery eyes, “so what are you doing with those then?”

“It's a long story” Ruth shot out, “but how about I go and get us some dinner from downstairs, your father should be back soon”.

“Yeah, sounds good” she replied, getting up off the couch and walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water to take the pill with as Roo dissapeared out the door.

Just caught up and; great updates!

Martha and Jack :wub: But, he's still in love with Sam? :( That's just wrong <_<

I'm glad Brett and Ruth managed to get to Martha's; I didn't think they were ever going to get there lol.

Cam's still an idiot I notice...feel sorry for Crystal.

More soon please!

Morning after pills? ok what do they do?? :lol: sorry i dont know these things :P I hope Martha falls pregnant to Jack :) Dolly please be nice :) Great chapter though. I like this Brett, even if we got one line from him, it was perfect :)

More please

Morning after pills? ok what do they do?? sorry i dont know these things

Didnt you ever go to sex ed class Tash :P

Great chapter, but I want Martha and Jack to get it on :P

Gosh, ive got a problem havent I :blink: lol

Loving the frequent updates :)

Looking forward to more :)

Warning: Contains some Violence and/or death, (V/D).

Chapter number 22. Old friends

“Hey Colleen” Ruth smiled when she got to the counter.

“Oh my born days” Colleen's eyes lighted up, “Ruth Stewart, fancy seeing you back in town” she smiled, coming round the counter to give her a hug. “Now what can I do for you love?”

“Oh just some take away thanks, um three fish burgers”.

“It'll just be a minute pet” she told her before disappearing into the kitchen.

Ruth turned around, looking around the place, it hadn't changed much since she last remembered it, and it still had the same small town atmosphere about it, she like it. “Roo?” a familiar voice called out. She turned around towards the sound to see none other than Peter baker getting up from a table where he was sitting with a brown curly headed lady.

“Pete” she squealed, running over to him and leaping into his arms. He lifted her off the floor, spinning her round a few times before puttinf her back on her feet, still keeping his arms around her.

“What are you doing back in town?” he grinned.

“I was about to ask you the same question detective” she giggled. Looking up at him, she'd missed him so much.

“I don't think we've met” Lara interupted from behind.

“Ruth this is Lara, my girlfriend” Peter explained. “Lara this is Ruth”.

“Hey nice to meet you” Roo smilled, following Peter and sitting next to him across the table from Lara.

“Yeah you too” she answered. “So how do you two know eachother then?”.

“Well we've been best friends since we were born” Peter told her.

“Literally” Roo added.

“What do you mean?”

“Well” Roo started, “our mum's were good friends, and when Pete's mum when into labour it was in the middle of a pretty big storm where no one was alowed to leave their houses. And my mum got so stressed out that she went into Labour a month early”.

“Well that's definitely one I haven't heard before” Lara laughed.

“Yeah well it doesn't end there either” Peter told her, chuckling slightly before carrying on. “A few hours later they managed to get to the hospital and when they got there there was so many people with injuries from the storm that our mothers ended up sharing a room”.

“Narsty” Lara commented, “that's kinda creepy, so you two were born in the same room?”.

“Yeah” Roo nodded, “As I remember being told we were two minutes and thirty five seconds apart”. By now they'd all started laughing.

“Yeah not to mention I was the oldest” Peter bosted, sitting up tall and proud for a second.

“And you've had a big head ever since”. Roo playfully his him on the arm.

“Hey look who's talking” he defended himself.

“Sorry I think she's right Pete” Lara agreed.

“Sorry to interupt” Colleen interupted their laughter. “But your dinner's ready Ruth”.

“Oh thanks collee” Roo thanked her, “I'll catch you guys later”.

“Yeah see you” Pete waved as she walked off.

Cam sat in the Library of his house, Crystal asleep on his shoulder after the two of them had finnished reading a book together. So many things were going around his head at the moment, particularly the promise he'd made Cindy earlier.

He knew Martha had been taking over his heart, but it was going to stop, he couldn't risk his baby girls life again, she was too precious. But in some ways he still thought he would of shot Trent if it had been Crystal he was saying that stuff about, infact he was sure he would of done it quicker.

But Trent was gone now, regardless of who he'd shot him for, he'd still shot him and that was the part that mattered; he was a murderer, a murderer for love.

“Nothing's going to happen to you” he whispered softly, kissing Crystals fore head before picking her up and carrying her out and up to her bedroom to tuck her into her bed, she was going to come forst from now on. He had to get Martha out of his life.

Cindy walked along through the darkness of the alley way in the city. She knew what she had to do and she wasn't going back now, she had to do this, if not for her then for her little girl. 'gosh how far is it to this stupid hut?' she screamed in her head, she was freezing her ass off out here.

It was another few minutes walk till she found what she was looking for, there in the middle of the clearing at the end of the long alley way was a box house, (the one Greg brought Cam to to meet Trent five years ago).

Running to the doorway to get inside, Cindy shoved the door open and stepped inside. “Glad you could make it” Greg smiled, “I was wondering if you were actually coming”.

“Yeah sorry I got held up. Cam says he's sorry he couldn't make it” she lied, Cam didn't even know of this meeting.

“That's fine” he nodded, “come sit down” he invited her.

Imediently Cindy pulled out the gun she'd taken out of Cam's car, not hesitating to shoot Greg straight in the chest. “No thanks”.

Archived