I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

Warning, may contain some course language and/or sexual references.

Note:

-The hospital attacks have happened even thought this fic is set a few months back.

-Beth isn't dead, she's not in this chapter but I thought I should mention it now that i think of it.

-Frank was the guy Roo almost married, but ran out on cause she couldn't keep lying about Martha not being his baby.

Chapter number 34. Missing you

“You wanted to see me?” Peter asked bluntly as he entered McGraph's office giving him a fright that woke him from his dozing.

“Baker, it's about time” McGraph yawned, sitting up properly in his seat and beginning to sort throught some papers on his desk in front of him. “Now your probably wondering what on earth I was blabering on about on the phone”.

“Yeah just a bit” Pete laughted sarcastically.

McGraph chose to ignore the senior detective's mood, he was pretty sure once he knew what had just come up he'd show a bit more interest. “Five missing people Peter, five” he started.

“People go missing all the time, what's this got to do with our case?” Peter shot out, still not catching on to where the boss was leading him with this one.

“What makes you think we have a case yet?” McGraph shrugged, “all we know is that there's to much going on in summer bay at the moment for it to all be coincidence”.

“Good point” he nodded, not that it wasn't something he already knew.

“Here's the most recent photo's of the people” McGraph spoke sternly, handing Peter a file over the desk. “Each of them were supposed to be meeting friends last night at the re-opening of the rocket club”.

“Re-opening?”

“Yeah Cam had a quick sale” the elderly man noted before continuing.

“Three cases of bashing in the hospital car park, two car fires, two dead unidentified bodies found in the bush, a bomb threat in a restrant in town, five people missing and fifteen different houses complaining of hearing footsteps more than once a week around there houses for the last mounth” McGaph aised his voice, “The media's going to have a field day if they get their hands on the half of this stuff they haven't already”.

And he was right, so far the onlythings that the newspaper had managed to get their hands on was the hospital attacks, one of the car fires and the bomb threat. The rest, thank goodness had been managed under wraps, normally the police handed this kind of information over to the newspapers, but this was different, if it got out people would panick, and that was the last thing they needed. Most of it was stuff they usualy found from time to time, but two inidentified bodies randomly in the bush, that was something that didn't happen every day, which was something that made this whole situation all so weird.

“What I want to know” Peter started as he looked throught each photo, “is why who ever this prankster is left the same mark at each crime scene” he sighed in confusement. “I mean it's like this guy wants us to track him down... but why?”

“That's what I'm worried about”.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

By the time Lara managed to get Jack into her car and back to his place nobody was home, thankfully. She got him inside, practically carrying him and sat him down on the couch.

“You know what I love about the elephant's most” Jack rambled, how he managed to still be consious when he could hardly walk more than two steps without falling over, she was clueless, but as usual Jack holden was full of surprised.

“What?” Lara played along, she'd never let him live his sudden obsesion with elephants down, not while they still worked in the same station.

“There pink” he grinned, “Mum always told me they didn't exist, said they were only ever grey” he slurred slightly.

“How about i get you some water” Lara changed the subject, try to resist the urge to laugh.

“The first Elephant's name was freddy” Jack exclaimed, completely ignoring her question. “He liked cricket”.

“I'll take that as a yes to the water” she rolled her eyes.

“Then there was Gorgia, just between you and me, i think she had a cruch on Freddy” he chuckle in a childish voice.

Lara stepped into the kitchen finding the cupboard with the glasses and filling it up with water as jack rambled on about god only knows what. “Come on drink this” she ordered, shoving the glass into his hand.

“Aww, is Lara having a bad day? She's little miss grumpy now” Jack cooed.

“Oh dear” Lara muttered under her breath, some how she figured this was going to be a long afternoon.

Jack sipped from the glass, holding it with two hands like a child who was used to drinking from a sippy cup. When he was done Lara took the glass imediently, putting it on the table and grabbing his arms. “Come on, you need a cold shower” she told him, pushing him down the hall way towards the bathroom.

“But-”

“No but's Jack” Lara shot out.

“Yes mum” Jack giggled as she finally managed to ger him into the bathroom. He imediently took of his shirt and hopped into the shower, thankfully he didn't take off his board shorts.

Reaching into the shower Lara placed her hand on the cold tap.

“See I knew you had a thing for me” Jack smiled, not knowing what on earth he was saying, “not that ther would be any girl that wouldn't want to hop into the shower with Jack holden”.

“What ever Jack” she mumbled as she turned on the cold water , getting a scream from Jack.

“Ahhh. That's cold” he winged.

“To bad, you brought it on yourself” Lara told him, closing the shower curtain and sighing to herself, she just hoped Tony or someone would get home soon, she didn't know what was wrong with Jack, but what ever it was it must have been pretty big for Jack to go and get himself plastered.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

“No fingerprints?” Peter asked one of the senior constables who had just handed him new evidence on yet another fire, this time in somebody's house.

“Nope, except for the people who live there” he replied.

“Ok I want a background check on them then” Pete told him.

“But sir-”

“No but's just do it, I don't care if they live there, just do it” Pete fired back at him, he was really tired of people questioning his methods of covering all grounds.

“But there not a suspect”.

“Yeah and incase you haven't noticed” Pete pointed out, “we don't have any suspects at all yet”.

Giving in the constable did as he was told and left Peter's office.

“Another bloody fire” Pete muttered to himself, he wouldn't be quite this frustrated if he actually had any idea who he was looking for to pin this all on.

Taking in a deep breath, he looked down at the photo that was sitting on his desk, this was from one of the car fires, a five pointed star spray painted toone of the wheels, the same mark that had been left at every single crime scene that didn't add up in the bay, including that day's house fire.

Martha walked along the streets of Yabbie creek, not knowing where her feet were taking her, they had a mind of there own and Martha was to proccupied to question if they were getting her lost or not.

Suddenly coming to a halt she realised where she was, she was outside Cam's old house, and even thought she tried to take her eyes off it and keep walking, she couldn't. It had only been a few days, but she wished he'd never left.

Looking in the drive way she noticed that Cam's car still sat in it's usual place, taking Martha completely by surprise. “What on earth” she gasped, not knowing what to think.

A smile came to her face, her feet ran along the path to the front door which just so happened to be wide open. “Cam?” she called out taking a step into the front room of the house, “Cam?”

“If this is about the contract's, I fou-” Cam paused as he came out of the hallway and saw Martha standing there, “Martha”.

“I thought you left” Martha smiled, moving closer, she didn't really care why he was back, she doubted he was staying since word had spread that the rocket club had been sold within two hours of being on the market.

“Yeah, I just came to do a few things so the house could go on the market” he explained.

Martha nodded, locking her eyes with his. “I've missed you” she whispered.

“I've missed you too” he spoke honestly, taking her small body in her arms. They stayed like that for a few minutes, neither of them said a word.

Martha didn't know what had come over her, she knew why she'd decided to leave Cam, but in a way she wished she could still be with him, back befire things had gotten messy, back before she slept with Jack...

But she knew why she couldn't go back, she couldn't go back cause she couldn't change the fact that yes in fact her and Jack had had sex and now he was with his ex who seemed to have a way of unintentionally rubbing the fact that she had Jack, right in Martha's face. 'God life's so complicated' Martha sighed to herself.

Taking a step backards, Martha let herself fall out of Cam's arms, “I should probably go before things get messy” she spoke quietly.

Noddling with regret, Cam placed a small kiss on her forehead. “I'm not going to forget you”.

“I'm not going to forget you either”.

Roo had only been left alone in the flat above the dinner for two hours since Brett left, but it felt a lot longer. Tears were still streaming down her eyes, she didn't care that her mascara and eyeliner were going with them.

“Just dropping off some fish” Alf spoke up as he came straight throught the door with his bucket of fish that he'd cought.

Roo looked round with a fright to find her dad standing there.

“Love what's wrong?” Alf panicked, the last time he'd seen her in a state like this was after she'd run out of her own wedding to Frank.

Ruth didn't say a word, she just welcomed her dad's open arms when he rushed to put down his bucket and sit with her, holding her tight like when she was a little girl. “shh” he hushed her, “shh, it's alright love, it's going to be ok”.

“Gosh, I hope his head kills him when he wakes up” Lara growned as she plonked herself down on the lounge chair at the Holden/hunter house. And hour, ah whole bloody hour of Jack vomitting, that's how long it had taken, thank goodness he was asleep now.

Looking around Lara reached for a magazine on the coffee table, she wasn't going to leave Jack here on his own, not after the way he was today, nodoubt he'd wake up and be more miserable than he was before he got himself so drunk.

All of a sudden the sound of jangling keys could be heard from outside the front door and Tony apeared. “Hey Lara, what are you doing here?”

“Jack got himself plastered, I found him” she explained.

“Great just what I need”, Tony groaned. “Where is he?”

“He's asleep, thank goodness, he was in the mind space of a crazy three-year-old”.

“Sorry you ened up dealing with it” Tony apologised.

“It's fine” Lara assured him, putting down the magazine in her hands, “I'll have plenty of embarising stories to tell now” she laughed.

Tony laughed with her, “So what did he do this time then?”

“He sang” she sighed, “about pink elephants”.

Tony's eyebrows raised in curiosity.

“Don't ask” she giggled, before turning more serious, “I don't see what made him do this thought, I mean I thought he was happy that Sam was back in town”.

“Yeah me too, look I'll take care of Jack, you've probably got better things to do than be here” Tony told her, “I'll just give Martha a ring and see if she can cover for me”.

“It's alright, you go to work, I can stay longer” she offered, “I've honestly got nothing better to do with my day”.

“You sure?”

“Yes, now go” she laughed.

“Alright, thank you, you just make yourself at home then” he thanked her before going back out the door, grabbing his phone which he'd come back for on the way out.

Next time:

-lol Jack, hangovers are fun! Not.

-Pete takes on Brett, and he's not happy.

-Another summer bay crime.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter :D

I laughed my head off during the part when Jack was talking to Lara about the elephants :lol:

He is sooo cute!

I want him :(

I dont appreciate Martha still wanting to be with Cam though <_<

That must be sorted out!

Doesnt she know that Jacks the only guy for her!

Anyhoo, looking forward to more :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Sorry there hasn't been any updates lately, I've got my last set of exams this week so I'll be on holidays after that, hopefully I'll have more time to write then. If I've got time before then I'll write the next chapter.

Sorry for the delays.

Hey guys, managed to put a smallish chapter together, hope it's alright.

Ok since it's been so long since I've updated, and cause the last five or so chapters have been all about the same day, I've written up a short summary of the last few chapters just to remind anyone who's forgotten most of it:

-Sam's back.

-Roo slept with Brett after drinking a lot and then woke up the next morning, not to happy with herself.

-Brett tried to talk Roo round but failed.

-Jack got himself drunk ith some random guy who brought some beer along with him on the cliffs at the beach. Lara found him at the bottom of the cliff latern singing about elephants.

-Cam came back to put the house on the market, Martha was happy to see him, he's going back to the city again.

-McGraph and Peter have a big case they are keeping underwraps, a series of crimes have occurred that they are trying to find links between.

Warning, may contain some course language.

Chapter number 35. Wrong story

God he couldn't believe it, he was going to kill the bloody bastered. He couldn't believe someone as smart as Brett Macklin was stupid enough to ignore his warnings.

Peter was furious. His best friend was in tears, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it, he was right to be worried about her, she'd fell for the bastered again, despite how much she'd denied it since she got back to the bay.

He walked along the path away from the dinner where he'd spent the last hour with Roo in the appartment, she didn't say much, she just cried, occasionally telling him how much of an idiot she was and how she couldn't understand how she'd let her guard down.

One thing was for sure, if he came across the guy he wouldn't be responsible for his actions.

The next day:

Stirring, Jack opened his eyes with a heavy groan and the sound of his own head thumping. He lay flat on his back, stairing into the celling and using one hand to rub his sore head. “How much did I drink?” Jack mumbled to himself, yesterday was a blurr.

Taking minutes to think about it, Jack tried to piece the previous day together, cliff.... beer....

He still didn't remember much else.

Rolling to one side with a sigh, he noticed the time; Eight thirty. Gosh, where's Sam? He thought, surely she hadn't been to bed and up again without him even noticing, come to think of he didn't think he'd even seen her at all since yesterday morning, unless of course it was part of the enormous blurr he was trying to figure out.

“Beer” Jack thought out loud, “..... Elephants....... huh?”

“Oh god no... Lara, Elephants” Jack came to the relisation, “I'm never going to live this one down” he groaned to himself.

“Morning sunshine” Tony cooed in a cheerful voice as he entered Jack's room.

“Morning” Jack huffed, “Where's Sam?” he asked as his dad handed him a glass of water and some panadol, “Thanks”.

“She came in late last night while Rory was vomitting, she stayed in his room to keep an eye on him” he explained.

“Poor kid”.

“Yeah but he's not the only one who's going to be vomitting up his guts this morning” Tony pointed out, sitting on the side of Jack's bed. “Jack, what made you get that hammered?”

Jack sighed, he wasn't really up for the set of twenty questions he was about to get, the onlything he could think about right then was when the stupid panadol he'd just swallowed would stop his head from feeling like it was about to explode.

“Come one, you can't just give me nothing and pretend nothing's wrong Jack”.

“Dad can we talk later?” Jack shrugged him off.

Giving in Tony agreed, “Alright, but don't think this conversation isn't going to happen” he warned him, “Now I haven't told Sam about you getting yourself drunk, I didn't think it was what she needed with only bein here for five minutes, so it might be a good idea if you waited till she left to take Rory to the doctors in an hour till you came out looking like you've been hit by a truck” Tony told him before leaving.

“Whatever” he mumbled, Sam had been back in town for a day and already he was keeping things from her, 'this is just perfect' he rolled his eyes.

“Oy, Macklin” Peter yelled, stopping Brett in his tracks not far from the diner.

“Baker” Brett acnoledge Peter's presence, turning around to look at the very unimpressed detective Baker who was moving rapidly towards him, 'oh great just what I need' he gummbled to himself, “what can I do for you?”

“You can start by telling me what the hell you were thinking” Peter death staired him, grabbing him by the collar, “I warned you”.

“Yeah you warned me not to hurt her” Brett snapped, “and I didn't hurt her mate, she walked out on me, not the other way around”

“I'm not your mate” he muttered before letting Brett go and walking away.

Straightening up his jacket Brett took one look at Peter who was going as fast as he'd come, “what crawled up his ass” he mummbled before going off the other way.

Please review.

I know I said that there would be another summer bay crime in this chapter but this one was taking so long to write that I decided to leave it out till later, it might be in the next chapter or two, maybe three, sorry.

Next time:

-Haven't decide yet.

Thanks, here's more, sorry it's short.

Chapter number 36.The end of the road

The next day:

Cindy made her way as swiftly as she could down the city streets of Sydney, keeping as low of profile as possible.

Cam would wonder where she was soon, that's why she had to be quick. Turning into a dark ally way she moved quickly into the shadows to keep out of veiw as she moved further along to the end of the long abandoned street.

“You took your time” a voice spoke from behind her, stepping out where the talk figure could come into view.

“I got held up” she simply explained, she didn't need to answer to him, after all she was the one with the upper hand in the situation, not that she let to many people know that. “Anyway, lets just get to the point”.

“And that is?”

“Our dealings are over, no one's to know about this, we've worked to hard to cover everything up” she told him, taking a seat on an old abandoned chair, which the man then did also. “I've put your money in the acount you told me, it's all there”.

“I know, I checked” he said bluntly.

“Just out of curiosity, why pull out now?” he changed the subject, studying her face with question, she'd worked so hard to fool Cam, had she given up? Had he found out?

“I've got what I wanted, and have had for a few years now, I just needed to wait for the right curcumstances to end this all” she explained, turning to face him, he had dark hair and stood about six-foot-two, his eyes were peircing blue and his voice was the voice of an Italian.

“Does Cam know?”

“No” she simply said, “And he never will, he'll never know I set him up with Trent, and he'll never know you were involved”.

Sitting in arquad silence they looked at eachother, not knowing how to say good-bye, they'd grown closer working together over the years, and now it was all ending.

Leaning into her he capture her lips with his, cupping her face with one hand. Cindy's eyelids fell shut, if she could she would of held onto that moment forever, but reality came back when he pulled away from her.

“I know I said I'd never tell you, but my name's Ian” he whispered, receiving a small smile from her.

Then she stood up without another word and walked away, her shoes tapping on the ground with every step until the noise was so dim that he could no longer hear her.

Next time:

-Find out why Cindy set up Cam.

-Someone gets attacked, but who?

Please review.

Warning: May contain some violence.

Chapter number 37. Giving into fate

Cindy paced along the footpath throught the crowds, her mind was in so many places.

Ian? She'd never of picked that as his name, then again up until then she didn't really know what she'd pick to be his name. And now he was no longer going to be a part of her life, did she really want that? No she didn't.

All her hard work still hadn't gotten her what she wanted. Originally she wanted to make sure that Cam would be there for her and Crystal, to support them both, that's why she started all this, by getting Trent to threated Crystal's welbeing and make Cam think that he'd actually do something if he didn't do what he wanted, and it had worked, but now she still wanted more.

Ian had something so enchanting about him, he had a way of drawing her in and making her want more; and she certainly wanted more. But she couldn't, she knew this is what she'd chosen the day she hired Ian, she had to stick to her plans, she would move to France and her, Cam and Crystal would all be happy, it had to be that simple right?

In what seemed like worlds away, Martha stumbled along the far end of the beach, nothing was on her mind, and she didn't seem to be going anywhere in particular. She'd been in this same state of mind the whole morning, it was peaceful, she didn't say anything, she didn't think anything, her mind was clear, and it was a nice change.

Breaking this state of mind her body colided with someone, she crashed to the ground, feeling trapped by........... Jack?

She recognised him straght away, he was breathing heavily, he'd obviously been on his morning run. “Sorry” he appologised, pulling himself up on his elbows so that his weight was no longer on her, he just hovered above her.

Martha didn't say anything, she just nodded as their eyes locked.

It had been so long since they'd been like this, both knew they should get up and walk away, but they didn't.

Jack smiled slightly, studying her calm face. For some reason he felt the need to touch her, he missed her so badly, so without thinking, he kissed her.

Walking along Sam sighed as she fiddled with her car keys and attempted to unlock the car, she'd just finished seeing patients for the morning and she was definitely looking forward to getting home and relaxing.

She could hear footsteps from behind her, they were creeping lightly, then turning around she came face to face with a body dressed from head to toe. “Don't hurt me please” Sam pleaded, her back right up against her car.

The guy ignored her cries, grabbing her he brought her to the ground and attempted to cover her mouth before she could scream.

Next time:

-Will Sam be saved?

-Jack and Martha, on or off?

Please review

Archived