Heroes

Guest Nathan

I’m so glad Arthur Petrelli got what was coming to him (although did Sylar have to be the one to do it?). I still don’t get Sylar. If he knew that Peter wasn’t his brother why even bother trying to spare him the anguish of killing his father. That seemed pretty genuine too. Also why didn’t he go after the Hatian? I thought Arthur Petrelli was interesting initially but then in the end he seemed to be basically doing the same thing as Sylar and Peter, i.e. taking other people’s powers.

In regards to Molly the last I remember seeing her was in Suresh’s apartment I believe (right near the end of the second season). Sylar had just shot Maya and he was about to shoot Suresh and Molly then Elle burst in and tried to zap him and he got away with the formula. The one which saved Maya and returned Sylar's powers – “I’m back.”

Molly was in that vision that Matt had where he was with Daphne. So it's not like she died on her way back to her home planet or something...

I'm glad Mr Petrelli is dead too. I never liked him. I know I wasn't supposed to like him, but even as a villain, I never liked him. I do like Sylar though, and I think him preserving Peter's relative innocence isn't so much because they might be brothers, but because Sylar doesn't have that innocence himself and part of him wishes he did. Sylar, to me, doesn't do things to be petty or out of any particular cruelty (unless its personal, like with Noah and Mohinder), he just does them out of necessity. And as he said, Peter wasn't worth anything to him, so there was no need to kill him. It's the equivalent of pointless busy work, getting his hands dirty for nothing. Mr Petrelli, on the other hand, lied to him, made him feel human, and then took it away, so it was Sylar's personal privilege to put him down for it.

I agree about him not going after the Haitian. The ability to stop people from using their powers seems like it would come in rather handy for someone purposely hunting down people with particularly deadly and disabling abilities... Go figure. I also didn't understand how Sylar's powers even worked with the Haitian in the room. I understand that the Haitian was already overtaxed by trying to keep Arthur in check, but... I don't get it. Why would Arthur's powers fail, but Sylar's worked? Does the Haitian have to focus on someone specifically to stop their powers? I feel stupid asking that, because if that's the case then it must be obvious to everyone else, but that's how you learn, by asking.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about him not going after the Haitian. The ability to stop people from using their powers seems like it would come in rather handy for someone purposely hunting down people with particularly deadly and disabling abilities... Go figure. I also didn't understand how Sylar's powers even worked with the Haitian in the room. I understand that the Haitian was already overtaxed by trying to keep Arthur in check, but... I don't get it. Why would Arthur's powers fail, but Sylar's worked? Does the Haitian have to focus on someone specifically to stop their powers? I feel stupid asking that, because if that's the case then it must be obvious to everyone else, but that's how you learn, by asking.

I guess it’s got something to do with that. I can recall an episode from the first season where we first saw “the company” capture Sylar. Do you remember the Haitian stopped his power from working and the short girl with short dark hair (the one who Sylar made shoot herself) was using her power at the same time and controlling him by telling him what to do? However I do think the amount of power a person posses has something to do with it as well. You could infer this from the fact that he was able to stop Sylar with relative ease before, whereas with Arthur Petrelli he was struggling simply because he had accumulated so much power. So maybe he would be able to control two or three people with relatively weak powers.

In regards to Sylar I understand why you like Sylar. He’s a good/fascinating character and I recall you saying before that he wasn’t pure evil just disturbed. He’s one of those people where you would like to know how as opposed to why (and as we can see they have already started to reveal this). The thing that was so frustrating is Elle aside, they reverted back to his character at the beginning of the season and we’d already had the whole of the first season of him doing the same thing week in, week out. At least in the second season where he didn’t have his powers, he was doing something slightly different and that was a chance for some of the other characters to shine.

I’m also wondering about him doing things out of necessity too. Because going back to the first season again, I remember when he escaped from Primitek, he locked Bennett in the holding cell and bragged that he was going after Claire. I thought to myself why didn’t he just kill him? He would have saved himself a lot of hassle in the long run.

I would be grateful if someone could answer a question for me and that is how exactly did Sylar survive being stabbed with a Samurai sword by Hiro at the end of the first season (I missed the first few episodes of the second season)?

Thanks.

I think it was the Company who rescued him so that they could inject him with the new strain of the virus, I guess to see how powerful it was. I just watched season 2, so I really should know this... um... the girl who made illusions (Candice I think?) was taking care of him, making him think that he was on a beach in Hawaii so that he wouldn't try to escape, but then she showed him where he really was, some dingy little shed (apparently in Mexico) where he was recovering from the stab wound without even knowing it. She did explain it, but I was anxious for M3 scenes (the whole point of season 2, as far as I'm concerned) so I wasn't paying much attention. All I know is that he killed the girl and tried to steal her power, but it didn't work. He didn't know about the virus, just that his powers were gone. Then he wandered away and met Alejandro and Maya on a road in Mexico, telling them that he'd been robbed and that he could take Maya to see Dr Suresh in America. Maya was her usual idiot self, believing everything he said, mostly because his name was Gabriel, "like the angel," :rolleyes:. Alejandro was suspicious, and rightly so. They were traveling with some other guy who Sylar promptly killed in order to get Maya and her powers all to himself, since she was dim-witted enough to let him manipulate her every thought and action... *Sigh.* Why did they keep her over Alejandro? Why :(?? The writers seem to think that they were going to use her to absorb the mutated Shanti virus from everyone and save the population, if not for the writer's strike, but WHY couldn't they have used Alejandro for that?? HE was the one who absorbed things, Maya was just the stupid loser killing everyone by accident >.< God I hate Maya...

I think I've rambled off the point a bit here, but hopefully that helped... some.

Maya was her usual idiot self, believing everything he said, mostly because his name was Gabriel, "like the angel," :rolleyes:. Alejandro was suspicious, and rightly so. They were traveling with some other guy who Sylar promptly killed in order to get Maya and her powers all to himself, since she was dim-witted enough to let him manipulate her every thought and action... *Sigh.* Why did they keep her over Alejandro? Why :(?? The writers seem to think that they were going to use her to absorb the mutated Shanti virus from everyone and save the population, if not for the writer's strike, but WHY couldn't they have used Alejandro for that?? HE was the one who absorbed things, Maya was just the stupid loser killing everyone by accident >.< God I hate Maya...

:lol: So funny. You know it lines like that, that (although you’re no longer a librarian) make me glad you are still posting on these forums.

So do we add Maya to the exclusive club which includes Sam and Rachel? The writers haven’t really done her character justice have they? And has her character served any real purpose. I don’t think so. Her absence wouldn’t have made that much difference to the overall storyline apart from what you said.

I do vaguely remember seeing a scene where Candice was looking after Sylar and then it suddenly went from tropical paradise to a dingy location as you mentioned. It’s a good thing Sylar didn’t steal her power because he would have been virtually unstoppable (as if he isn’t already). I liked Candice. I thought she was quite attractive too, or at least the image of the person she projected. For some reason I wasn’t watching the show on a regular basis at that time, which I regret. I’m going to have to watch season two from the beginning. I think I started watching it properly from the time when they were driving in the desert from Mexico to the US and I think Maya killed a group of people that tried to rob them (If my memory serves me correctly). Maya was extremely gullible from what I can recall. I think Sylar fed her some half-baked c**k and bull story about her brother leaving or something (after he killed him) and she bought it.

Next week is the real Season Finale....

Seven are telling the truth this time....

:)

That was a short season, wasn't it? :huh:

There is 2 "Volumes" to it. Two seasons in One I think is a better explanation.

Right so it's only the end of the volume?

Next week is the real Season Finale....

Seven are telling the truth this time....

:)

That was a short season, wasn't it? :huh:

There is 2 "Volumes" to it. Two seasons in One I think is a better explanation.

Right so it's only the end of the volume?

Yep. The next volume of Season Three begins in the US in Feb. Don't know about Australia?

It was a very stressful and dramatic episode. Sylar is splendid - I hope I shouldn't say was :(?? If Matt wasn't such an excellent character, I'd be so annoyed with him right now. What's all this "Suresh" business, hm? Who's he trying to impress? What, you can't say Mohinder in front of your new girlfriend in case she gets suspicious about how close you really are with him :rolleyes:? Suresh... pff.

I'm glad Suresh got out of the building, and that he's pretty again. I worry about the company he's keeping though.

I'm also confused about the timeline. If Daphne went back and got the formula from herself before the "villains" got a hold of it, would Mohinder have been able to make the serum in the first place, and if not, would any of them have been in the building, and would the building have exploded? You can try to answer that if you want, but I doubt I'll understand. I think I just won't think about it. Mo = pretty. Matt = funny. Sylar = deliciously evil. That's all I need to know.

Archived