Heroes

Guest Nathan

I just watched the alternate ending to Season 2, which had the Shanti virus being released. It was like watching the Richard Donner cut of Superman II, and it makes me sorry they couldn't have finished the Volume the way they'd planned. My sympathies may have been with the WGA 100% during the strike, but IPU, they couldn't have picked a worse time!

I'm rewatching Volume 3 on DVD now.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

UK viewers, good news is series 4 of Heroes starts on 9th of January 2010 at 22:10 according to the BBC Website. Bad news is that it’s a Saturday. Will be interesting to see what happens with Nathan, sorry Sylar now. I thought what Mrs Petrelli got Matt to do at the end of the last season was incredibly selfish. It seemed to be more about hanging onto her son rather than doing what’s good for everybody even though I could understand her reasoning and Noah Bennett’s. Potentially though they have someone that’s like a time bomb waiting to go on a killing spree. It’s hard to say if he’s going to kill anyone as I never fully understood whether Sylar murdered people because his craving was a side effect of his power built into his genes or whether the deaths were simply because he was a sociopath. Pure and simple.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll use spoilers just in case.

Firstly…….he’s back!!! I never thought I would be pleased to see the return of our resident pet/psycho/killer/stealer of powers but I am. TBH I hated the way Mrs Petrelli with the aid of Noah Bennett emotionally blackmailed Matt into doing her bidding. All so she could hang onto to the memory of her son without the thought for the consequences. I don’t think this is the last we’ve seen of Nathan though.

Anyway I wasn’t expecting much from this series but I’m absolutely loving it at the moment. I’m glad they killed Danko off. I never liked him anyway. I think the introduction of the whole family unit with Samuel and Lydia trying to seek out new members is quite an interesting idea with possibilities. And if as predicted some of the main characters join there could be potential for half decent storylines.

I really like what they’ve done with Sylar. The whole memory loss thing is a good idea and a plausible way for him to become a different/better person but I guessing this will go the same way as last season and they will start to develop a good storyline and ruin it by having his memory return and revert back to how he was. I’m kind of glad the stuff that’s happened over the last couple of episodes because at least he can get out of Matt’s head and stop using Matt’s powers against him. Or was that simply Matt’s conscience playing up.

I like Claire trying to have a normal life and going to Uni. I didn’t think her first “roomie” killed herself. For a minute Gretchen was starting to get scary and I thought Claire made a huge mistake revealing stuff about her past so quickly to someone she barely knew but I was really pleased Gretchen kissed her. :wub: Claire didn’t push her or away and didn’t even withdraw so there’s a possibility of romance. Come to think of it apart from that guy in second or third season she hasn’t showed a remote interest in boys. Admittedly though she’s had a lot of stuff to deal with. I hope the sorority girl Samuel sent doesn’t do anything to jeopardise it as isolation is her main goal.

I’m not remotely interested in Hiro or Ando and continue to like Mrs Petrelli less and less. I quite like Traci and feel a bit sorry for Noah. He seems like a lost sheep now although I’m glad he hasn’t given up on the cause entirely. Will be interested to see what happens with Peter and the file clerk. Oh and where is Mohinder? He appears to have disappeared.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So much has happened since I last posted (once again I'll use spoilers in case people aren't at UK pace).

-I'm glad they didn't get rid of Gretchen altogether. I was surprised as anything when Bennett invited her for thanksgiving but was glad as I really like the whole friendship with Claire. I've kind of given up on any romance though.

-I haven't seen Tracy for a few episodes. They gave the impression that she was going to follow the compass and join Samuel and the rest of his family. In saying that I really liked the female bonding with Claire a few episodes ago and Noah's "what have you girls been up to today" line when he came home.

-I'm glad they ended this whole Sylar/Nathan thing. I absolutely hated that they did that at the end of last season and it was obvious no good could come from it. I always thought Mrs Petrelli and Bennett should have just been upfront with everyone and ended it there and then. They had the perfect opportunity to finish Sylar once and for all and they should have killed him when they had the chance.

-It's interesting now that Sylar's complete in body and mind he appears to be losing his touch. First the puppet guy (I can't remember his name) and then Samuel. Still anyone that can hold their own against Sylar must be given some credit. Even if Sylar was able to kill people I still think he would have found it difficult against Samuel. Clearly although Nathan's gone, some remnants remain and it least it gives everyone else a fighting chance.

-I'm almost glad Mohinder has been made effectively redundant this season. He doesn't particularly interest me, although I did like the stuff where he discovered potentially how dangerous and powerful Samuel could be and his ultimate goal.

-Overall I would say I like Samuel. He has done some pretty awful things but so have other people *cough* Sylar. I know he's got his own agenda and he wants to become as powerful as possible by surrounding himself with as many people with abilities as he can but part of my feels in a funny sort of way he does care for them. And at least he appears to be able to empathise with people (unlike Sylar or Mrs Petrelli even) I found it interesting when Claire quizzed him about killing Joseph he responded by saying that Noah had killed to protect her.

-Felt sorry for Hiro when he lost Charlie again. I really want these two together but since the actress is tied up with Glee it's pretty unlikely. Incidentally I really did not like the way Samuel blackmailed him and then went back on his word even though Hiro fulfilled his part of the agreement.

-I like the team of Noah and Lauren. I think they work well together and I like how he takes on board whatever she says - Good cop/ bad cop.

We've only got 6-7 episodes left so it will be interesting to see how things play out for the remainder of the season.

Archived