Heroes

Guest Nathan

Ok, I’ll follow on with the Trend of spoilers. The main thing with regards to that episode was that

the eclipse seems to nullify everybody’s abilities. I’m guessing this is a temporary thing though as there would be no point in continuing the series otherwise.

Even though I’m liking this thing with Elle and Sylar, again it just didn’t ring true. Sylar could have killed Elle if he wanted to and then a few hours later just because she gives him some words to bate him he’s now suddenly bad again. Come on. I thought he wanted to be a good person now. And also, as I said before its funny how she seems to have conveniently forgotten that he murdered her father to the point where she’s letting lust take control.

I wonder who Mr Bennett is trying to kill and who he will kill. My guess would be Sylar as he’s extremely dangerous, he knows that it will be a long time before the next total eclipse and might not get another opportunity like this again. On the other hand Elle was the one who shot Claire so he might be looking for revenge.

I’m guessing that UK and Australian pace for these episodes are the same.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what happened was that someone from NZ came here and they said they were on episode 4 or something and then another British viewer (if you go back through the posts, you'll see) suggested using spoilers for the benefit of people that are not at UK (or AUS) pace. I honestly don’t know how this spoiler thing works. I know with Home and Away it’s specifically targeted at the UK audience but for other shows, I’m not sure.

I'm choosing to believe that

Elle...

is not dead until I see a body.

Sylar had a kid in the future, and I'm thinking (hoping, praying) that it's hers, so she can't die...

Delusion is a wonderful thing.

On a happier note, Seth Green! :D It was fun watching him and the other guy having philosophical debates about "fictional" characters :P

Mohinder needs to get over Maya. He had sex with her once, and he was high on injections at the time. Then he tried to kill her and she left. Let it go! She's a sucky character! If you want to do something useful, work on resurrecting Alejandro :angry:

I’m back to hating Sylar again.

I really liked Elle and thought she was a good character. Yes we haven’t seen a body but who’s to say that the future we saw several episodes ago is a certainty in regards to that particular universe.

I recall an episode in the first season where Hiro teleported himself several months into the future and witnessed a holocausts at New York City from Isaac Mendez’s flat. In the end it didn’t happen.

I do hope I’m wrong as I would like to see more of Elle but more importantly LOVE to see how Claire turns bad.

Obviously judging by Sylar’s behaviour we would assume that he’s evil. But I actually think Noah Bennett in his own way is just as bad if not worse. At least Sylar’s got the argument that his killing is a by-product of his craving, which in turn is a side effect of his ability. How many people has Bennett actually killed?

And he seemed to almost revel in slicing Sylar’s throat. It’s funny because out of all the people with abilities he’s taken on he seems to have had the most confrontations with Bennett. Every time Bennett always seems to come out alive. His luck can’t last forever.

BTW -

I hope Hiro gets his memory back, finds Aurthur Petrelli’s and kicks his butt.

I'm really annoyed with what they're doing with Sylar's character.

It was great development, that he was a Petrelli and how he was beginning to turn good. Well not exactly good, but he lost his evil vibe... Since that last ep where he killed Elle, it just made no sense, only to say that people never change. He was moving forward, and the writters just killed everything that he did in the last twelve episodes.

It may just be me, but I'm not liking him reverting back to his formal self. Yeah, I liked him in seasons one and two as the bad guy, but he was evolving, and now he's just back to where he started.

I didn't like the eclipse. I mean, I liked everyone having to rely on their own human brains and senses rather than having superpowers all the time, but it's like it was over so fast, it didn't really mean anything. And what it did mean made no sense. First of all this was a natural genetic mutation, perhaps sped up by some unknown factor - I didn't take the first eclipse to be a literal influence, more a cosmic sign that heavy stuff was going down. Then it was genetic engineering - Nikki/Jessica/Tracey/etc were experimented on to achieve their powers. Mohinder seemed to confirm this route by creating his own chemical solution to get powers. Sylar of course seemed to be absorbing powers through some sort of physical exchange of blood or tissue, and Mr Petrelli was able to absorb powers by touching people. All of this indicates some sort of chemical biology that could make hypothetical sense if you stretched your mind far enough and suspended enough disbelief, but then everyone's powers - "natural," engeneered, contracted, and injected - went away, not just in conjunction with an eclipse but because of it. That makes no sense to me whatsoever, and I also agree that Sylar turning back to his old ways puts him in danger of being closed into a corner. Turning him good and taking Peter's powers away set them both on completely different paths. As did Hero losing his memory. If they go back on all of it, then they're just going to end up on the same treadmill, and that's going to get boring. I've really been enjoying these episodes, but I'm worried that so much great work could be undone by a few bad decisions. Hopefully the writers have it under control and they know what they're doing.

:angry: Seven have done exactly what they did last year - fast-track the show until two episodes before the volume is over, then bring it back just before the next one starts, leaving the cliffhanger meaningless. OK, again, the one they left us with was effective, but this isn't what it was written for. I'd rather they just went back to what they did with the first season, which was show all 23 episodes without interruptions, even though we were a few months behind. It didn't bother me then, because I knew nothing about the show at the time it started here.

That said, Seth Green and Breckin Meyer's appearance was fantastic, and I like that they're expanding on the Hiro-Claire link that was revealed in Company Man.

Archived