Heroes

Guest Nathan

It’s interesting how the directors said they were going to make season three a lot darker than the previous two seasons. Already we’ve noticed how certain characters in the present and in the future have turned bad. The first example of this is Saresh.

Since injecting himself with the solution he developed he seems to have a desire to almost cocoon people. I’m not sure what he’s doing with them because I don’t think any of them are actually dead. Are they part of a new wallpaper decoration? Are they going to stay there for the entire season?

Peter Petrelli is another example. Ok so the Peter Peterelli at the beginning of the season who shot Nathan was an impostor but since he absorbed Sylar’s ability he’s not such a nice guy anymore and appears to have inherited the hunger/craving as a side effect of the power.

Oh and let’s not forget about the lovely Claire. Obviously since her encounter with Sylar, I’m guessing she felt somewhat helpless and violated to a point so now she’s embarking on a crusade to rid the world of the bad guys. In the future we saw her try and kill Peter so it will be interesting to see where exactly in the season the turning point is to make her go over to the dark side (I’m guessing it has something to do with the current recruitment drive by Speedy Gonzalez).

Oh and Mr Peterlli. Interesting power he’s got there. It’s almost a variant of Peter’s power although I feel Peter’s is slightly more advanced (or I should say was slightly more advanced) in that he simply has to be in the vicinity of the person whereas Mr Peterlli appears to have to actually initiate physical contact. Furthermore whereas Peter is effectively mimicking the power, Mr Peterlli is actually steeling it. I’m assuming that Mr and Mrs P were both born with their abilities. Obviously they gave Nathan his but I wonder if Peter’s were inherited.

And Sylar. I’m wondering if the writers are trying to turn him good (or at least show a more humane side) because they don’t want to get rid of him. Let’s face it he played quite a significant role in the first two seasons and I don’t really think they could have continued with the storyline where each week he finds someone different with abilities, kills them and then takes their powers. He would have had to been brought down eventually so obviously they want to explore a different path with his character.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good theory about Sylar. He's never been pure evil, he's just... disturbed. He wants to be special and kills people to become the most special, but he did genuinely want to stop Peter exploding so he could save innocent (see: useless) people and be the "hero," and now he's attempting to make a genuine effort at being part of a family. I liked seeing him in the future with his (and Noah's!?) son. That was sweet, and strangely believable. I like him fine as a villain, but I also like seeing the actors stretch themselves - all of them have an incredible ability to turn on a dime. I love it :D

Likewise, I think it's a great decision to have Peter's powers taken away. Season one, watching him absorb and develop new powers, was interesting and character building, but it has had the unfortunate side-effect of making everyone else slightly redundant, and it's made Peter - who's charm used to lie in his doe-eyed naivety - a little too cocky and cynical for my liking; anything they can do, Peter can do better. But not anymore. So things just got interesting again :)

I'm not seeing Mohinder as a real villain yet. He's still naive and precious. As if Tracey wasn't going to try and freeze him... silly, pretty boy.

Yeah he’s definitely disturbed. But to be honest throughout virtually all of the second season he didn’t have his power (so you could argue, no power, no craving) and he killed Maya’s brother. He had already planned to use Maya to get his power back then kill her once she had outlived her usefulness (I remember him saying this to her brother who couldn’t understand English). He actually shot Maya in cold blood (in the penultimate episode I think) and had Elle not gone after him in some vain attempt to impress her dad he surely would have killed Suresh and Molly. But there definitely does appear to be some attempt to change. Even Peter could feel his concern for Mrs Petrelli and I really liked him and his son in the future.

I agree about Peter. It just reached the point where he was ridiculously overpowered in my opinion. It almost reminded me of Billie in season eight of charmed. As you say was there any point in having anybody else? Although it seems a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul because the powers have simply been transferred to someone else. Also can’t remember if it was this season of last but the curtains have gone. That was definitely an indication as any character with curtains cannot possibly be bad. To be fair Sylar is overpowered as well but at least the people whose powers he stole (bar Claire) are no longer around.

BTW what happened to Elle? Since Mrs Petrelli gave her the boot she seems to have disappeared? I like Elle. I assume she must be making some sort of reappearance or else they would have just let Sylar finish her off.

Oh and I knew that Hiro had something up his sleeve. There’s no way he would have killed Ando like that. He needs a sidekick to keep him sane.

I was actually wondering what happened to Elle also last episode... Is she still with the show?

I loved the whole flashback with Hiro's "plan" when he pretended to kill Ando... But I loved his other scene even more, when he went back in time in one minute to hit the guy over the head, but he saw the painting of himself being wacked again and then got knocked out :lol:

But I loved his other scene even more, when he went back in time in one minute to hit the guy over the head, but he saw the painting of himself being wacked again and then got knocked out :lol:

Hehe, that was great - classic Season One Hiro and Ando ^_^

I know I'm nitpicking, but how did Matt get that turtle through customs?? Oh wait, mind control... never mind. I wonder if Turtle and Lizard Mohinder will be friends. (Is Lizard Mohinder still alive? Have I asked this already?) What I am also wondering is, has Matt contacted Mohinder at all since getting out of Africa? He does live with the guy... You'd think he'd want to call and say "Yo, I'm alive. Are you?" Maybe ask about Molly, find out where Mohinder dumped her... especially if Matt plans to take sole custody of her in the future and raise her with stupid Daphne <_<

Holy flirking shnit! That episode was H.O.T. :o!

I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but reliving it can't hurt...

Mohinder... and Peter... Peter... and Sylar... Sylar... and Mohinder... Forming words around those images is... hard. Let's just say, I likes what I saws.

Mohinder though... man... that was awesome. He was really thrashing Sylar. Such fury, such vengeance, such... yelling :wub:

It's about bloody time that Matt called him too! I'm glad they finally put that in. I don't see why Matt and Daphne are totally BFF though. One vision does not a happy family make <_<

Yay, Elle :)

Yeah! Elle’s back. I loved the way she went and sought help at the beginning. I guess nobody taught her etiquette. I actually thought her and Claire would have made a good team - Sorority Sisters - until she decided to take her chances with Pinehearst.

Obviously Sylar used his telekinesis to break Peter’s fall. So he still appears to be showing more of his human side and does seem to have at least temporarily suppressed his craving. Now that Arthur Petrelli has stolen Peter’s power and Peter acquired Matt’s power of mind reading (I think), he should have been able to tell that Sylar saved him.

So we now have two companies Primatek Paper and Pinehearst. Both of which seem to be doing the same thing in terms of research. One now headed by Mrs Peterlli (who at this present time is redundant – well almost) the other headed by Mr Peterlli. It’s interesting how both companies have a different feel about them. Primatek seems quite dark and I guess most of it is underground and is almost prison like. Pinehearst generally seems a lot brighter, is several storeys high and seems more of a clinic than an actual prison. It’s funny that the company that appears the worst actually seems more responsible i.e. detaining the dangerous people with superpowers, whereas the other is recruiting people and using the dangerous criminals to kill...

Wha?!?! And the... What happened?!

The last two episodes shown in the UK (Ep 7 & 8 I think) rocked.

Things I love:

- Pa Petrelli rocks. Bonus points for the casting choice!

- The ever expanding Petrelli & co family. So now Claire has two new uncles who are as psycho as each other, although Flint is funny.

- Sylar/Peter is pretty damn lickable. Has anyone picked up on the fact that they have similar powers (if I understand it right). Peter absorbs powers and Sylar can move powers from one to another. I'm calling the twin thing right now <_<

- FEMSLASH! Finally some decent femslash and someone on television without pity summed up that Elle/Claire plane scene perfectly. Twas like the metaphor that was used in Buffy with Tara & Willow, with spells equalling sex.

- OH OH OH, Eric Roberts!

Things I hate:

- ... I like the guy who paints the future :(

- Mohinder.

Just a note on the episode 'Villians'. Did anyone else feel the subtext become text when Elle introduced that goth guy to Gabriel and he looked like he was about ready to jump him right there. Even when he was in danger?

If I have put spoilers then it is by accident. Just say and I'll change.

Oh. My. Gods! Claire's mother caused the train accident that Claire saved someone from in the first episode.

I don't think anything on Lost has matched the shock I received when that was revealed. The Bourne Ultimatum and the Usual Suspects did not match it. Finding out that Emma, a girl from my primary school in Canberra that I hadn't seen in 12 years, met Claire, a friend of mine through High School, in Sydney two years ago did not match it.

Elle and Sylar were interesting too. I can't wait to see if they meet again.

It got kind of confusing though that two of the storylines were obviously set months after the other.

Archived