Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't bought your books yet, make sure you've got a big bag because you might be very weighed down by the end of the day. Take plenty of things to write on and with, maybe even a tape recorder if you've got one. Pack a lunch, but set some money aside in case someone randomly invites you to eat with them. Uni people are like that, they like to do lunch... it's a good way to make friends if the opportunity arises. I'd recommend setting aside some booze money as well, if the uni has a bar. A quick drink at lunch time can really take the edge off :P

If you've got questions, ask them. Someone once said that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. If the teachers give you any crap for it, then all that means is that they're very small pathetic people who need to make themselves feel better by belittling you. It's good to work out which ones are like that from the start, so that you know not to give a crap what they think.

Above all, do not be a sycophant. People who suck up to the teacher just to get good grades sicken me. If you like the teacher, sure, be nice to them, laugh when they've said something funny, even hang out with them if you want, but never do it BECAUSE you want them to like you... that way heartache and self-loathing lies.

And as always, be true to yourself and do your best :)

All easier said than done, but you'll do fine :D

F*ck Starbucks' rude customers! An 80 year old lady came into me today and said 'Well, well, that skirt's a little short for work now, isn't it?'. She said it in a little nice, jokey voice but when I handed her her coffee she walked off and mumbled 'slut'. An eighty year old lady called me a slut?! And then some snobby girl came up to me and ordered a coffee and a muffin. I told her I was sorry, and there were no Muffins left. Her face screws up real ugly and she says 'Ate them all, have you? Ever heard of the saying A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips? You might want to think about that.' and she walked out with her coffee and didn't even pay. So I get called fat and a slut in my two hours of trial.

Good news is, I passed my trial and have morning shifts in Starbucks from Opening time to 3:00 on weekdays, half days on Saturday and Sunday and bank Holidays off! Plus I get to take home free drinks and leftovers at the end of the day, Jane works the same hours as me, I get to overhear people gossiping all day and I bring home a nice sum of money on a Saturday. :D

F*ck Starbucks' rude customers! An 80 year old lady came into me today and said 'Well, well, that skirt's a little short for work now, isn't it?'. She said it in a little nice, jokey voice but when I handed her her coffee she walked off and mumbled 'slut'. An eighty year old lady called me a slut?! And then some snobby girl came up to me and ordered a coffee muffin. I told her I was sorry, and there were no Muffins left. Her face screws up real ugly and she says 'Ate them all, have you? Ever heard of the saying A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips? You might want to think about that.' and she walked out with her coffee and didn't even pay. So I get called fat and a slut in my two hours of trial.

Good news is, I passed my trial and have morning shifts in Starbucks from Opening time to 3:00 on weekdays, half days on Saturday and Sunday and bank Holidays off! Plus I get to take home free drinks and leftovers at the end of the day, Jane works the same hours as me, I get to overhear people gossiping all day and I bring home a nice sum of money on a Saturday. :D

:o Are you kidding me?! :o

You can't be serious, that is SO RUDE!

It probably just happened to be a big day for horrible customers though, I'm sure you'll like the job :)

Archived