Support Group

Dan F

I came out to a uni friend yesterday. Something along the lines of "since you asked - I've got AS. I'm not in the closet, but not out either, so for the sake of my privacy (although I'm not actively hiding it) I'd like for this not to be spread around :P"

She was like "whoahhhh! You seem so outgoing!!one1!omg1!!" to which I replied, politely, that I at school because that's how "you should be", indicating, but not mentioning the exhaustion after a day at school where I have to socialize and stuff. Also explained why it's harder for women (adults in general) to get a diagnosis, etc. She also apologized for calling the professor autistic and hope she didn't offend me. I told her the truth - that I can see many symptoms in him as well, so I figured he is autistic.

I think it went well! The only thing now is that I'm anxious about going to lecture tomorrow and knowing that she'll be there. I kinda obsess about how to talk face-to-face about it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I know. I was mostly shocked at the old lady. I love old people! All those hours in the old folks home when I was in school and they all thought of me as sluts! That's... depressingly amusing and slightly ironic...

I'm sure they didn't think so, it was probably just that one woman who was jealous or something because she knew there was no way she'd be able to pull off that outfit. :wink:

F*ck Starbucks' rude customers! An 80 year old lady came into me today and said 'Well, well, that skirt's a little short for work now, isn't it?'. She said it in a little nice, jokey voice but when I handed her her coffee she walked off and mumbled 'slut'. An eighty year old lady called me a slut?! And then some snobby girl came up to me and ordered a coffee and a muffin. I told her I was sorry, and there were no Muffins left. Her face screws up real ugly and she says 'Ate them all, have you? Ever heard of the saying A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips? You might want to think about that.' and she walked out with her coffee and didn't even pay. So I get called fat and a slut in my two hours of trial.

Good news is, I passed my trial and have morning shifts in Starbucks from Opening time to 3:00 on weekdays, half days on Saturday and Sunday and bank Holidays off! Plus I get to take home free drinks and leftovers at the end of the day, Jane works the same hours as me, I get to overhear people gossiping all day and I bring home a nice sum of money on a Saturday. :D

You should have thrown the coffee over that stupid snobby cow. You could have made her really bad fake tan drip off her. :rolleyes: And what the hell was the remark about? She was the one ordering the bloody muffin, why doesn't she think about "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"?!?! :P AGHHHHHHH, Snobby Dubs annoy me on the highest level.

If anybody says anything rude to you, make sure you say it to the other person working, then they can ban them from going to that outlet. :D The joys of being an adult!

lol Kirst... I've got one word for you - caffeine! You're basically dealing with junkies in a place like that. If they can't get what they want WHEN they want it, they go a little crazy. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact (and this is why I don't see me ever getting a job and holding it down) I'd laugh in their face and give them a snappy comeback... for which I'd probably get fired, so... yeah :P. Maybe best to vent here. And please do, because those customers sound hilarious :D

Hey guys,

Well, I have this friend who has an issue with eating. She only eats one meal a day, if that and feels guilty when she's made to eat with family and friends. It's been going on for a about 5 weeks or so, and I'm worried about her. She's also started self harming.

I guess I really can't talk, as I have a similar issue, but I'm still worried. She doesn't think she has a problem. How can I help her without sounding like a hipocrite? Also, if anyone has any advice I can give to my friend, it'd be appreciated by her and me!

xo :)

F*ck Starbucks' rude customers! An 80 year old lady came into me today and said 'Well, well, that skirt's a little short for work now, isn't it?'. She said it in a little nice, jokey voice but when I handed her her coffee she walked off and mumbled 'slut'. An eighty year old lady called me a slut?! And then some snobby girl came up to me and ordered a coffee and a muffin. I told her I was sorry, and there were no Muffins left. Her face screws up real ugly and she says 'Ate them all, have you? Ever heard of the saying A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips? You might want to think about that.' and she walked out with her coffee and didn't even pay. So I get called fat and a slut in my two hours of trial.

Good news is, I passed my trial and have morning shifts in Starbucks from Opening time to 3:00 on weekdays, half days on Saturday and Sunday and bank Holidays off! Plus I get to take home free drinks and leftovers at the end of the day, Jane works the same hours as me, I get to overhear people gossiping all day and I bring home a nice sum of money on a Saturday.

You should have thrown the coffee over that stupid snobby cow. You could have made her really bad fake tan drip off her. And what the hell was the remark about? She was the one ordering the bloody muffin, why doesn't she think about "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"?!?! AGHHHHHHH, Snobby Dubs annoy me on the highest level.

If anybody says anything rude to you, make sure you say it to the other person working, then they can ban them from going to that outlet. The joys of being an adult!

I almost did throw the coffee over another snobby orange girl today... comes up to me and orders a Coffee with skimmed low fat milk or something and starts going on about how she would never dream of drinking that disgusting fatty real milk. Well I thought I'd be the good employee and carry out a little experiment - but in real milk. I know that's bad service and all but... she took a sip and said 'Why that is the best Coffee with Skimmed low fat milk I've ever tasted!' And I was in stitches. Anyway, that wasn't the point. The Coffee was 2:50 or something so she gives me a fiver and walked off. I say 'Don't you want any change?' secretly thinking Yay, Tip! She looks embarrassed and says that you'd think I'd welcome the extra money, judging by the clothes I wore, I was obviously coming from a disadvantaged area, and working in Starbucks!

Fat, Slut and poor (amongst other things) and only on my second (1st official) day. I'm doing quite well. :D

lol Kirst... I've got one word for you - caffeine! You're basically dealing with junkies in a place like that. If they can't get what they want WHEN they want it, they go a little crazy. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact (and this is why I don't see me ever getting a job and holding it down) I'd laugh in their face and give them a snappy comeback... for which I'd probably get fired, so... yeah :P . Maybe best to vent here. And please do, because those customers sound hilarious :D

I almost did say something snappy and bitchy and slightly cruel back but I didn't want to risk it in case Mr. Starbucks heard me. :P

Archived