Support Group

Dan F

Maybe you can find someone else you can trust. A sister or a friend? I don't know how old you are but maybe you could see a counsellor or your GP on your own. They should be able to help you or send you to someone who's specialized in eating disorders. They're going to be more helpful than your school nurse.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of agree with her not having the competence fully... my problem is that I can't have my parents knowing (I have my reasons) and they will if I see a psychologist.. I went to the doctor to check on iron and stuff but told my parents it was because I was feeling tired (which I also am)..

I have talked to some close friends of mine... the problem is that they have no experience with it and can not understand why I would do it etc etc... I am 17..

Thanks both of you =)

According to Norwegian laws, your parents have o right of knowing that you go see your doctor or get a referral when you've over 16. http://www.ulleval.no/modules/module_123/p...playType=2#Barn

There is no way your parents will know unless you tell them. This is something that you should do something about, really. Please see a doctor.

I don't think the shrink will tell them.. but my parents are a little controlling in the sence that they always have to know where I am ( I do a lot of things in my spare time and so when I am not home my mom texts wanting to know where I am of she should pick me up etc.. just because she cares but still)... My mom have almost caught me a couple times and so she probably has suspicions... And so I have a feeling they would find out in some way..

:S

I know it sounds like the worst thing in the world to have them find out (I mean, I'm 22 and I'm terrified of my mom knowing about the recurring depression, etc, etc), but this is a very self-destructive behavior, and even though it seems horrid to have them know now, they can offer you some support. I'm not trying to tell you that you should tell the, but I think it's vitally important that you get some decent help with this. It can ruin your whole life if you don't get it under control.

The shrink can't tell them. He's not allowed. You're over 16.

http://www.lommelegen.no/php/art.php?id=382011

If you're scared that your doctor tells your parents, why don't you go and see another one? Of course, you might know not him or her like your own doctor but he/she won't be able to tell your parents since they aren't his/her patients.

In Belgium, we have helplines for all kinds of problems. I think there's one for eating disorders. Maybe there's one in Norway. Some of those helplines are free and some of them are not. So be careful!

In my high school, we had a nurse and a counsellor. I think a counsellor would do a better job than your nurse. Do you have a counsellor at school?

Archived