Hard Situations!

Guest Lilone

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next part:

“Dan!” they both said in unison.

“What in blazes is going on here?”

“Ryan, go to your room.” Amanda ordered.

“Listen, mate, I can explain.”

“Like bloody hell you would! I am not your mate! At least not until you sort yourself out! First Drew and now this! When are you going to ever grow up and act like the older brother, Pete? For crying out loud!”

“Dan, we can explain-“ Amanda tried to intervene.

“You’re one to talk. How could you even do this to your son? How could you do this to me? This is just like LA all over again. First you sleep with him and then yo sleep with his son. And in the process of doing so, you hurt your own flesh and blood. Haven’t you learnt your lesson, Amanda? ” Dan Baker had never been this mad before. Truth be told, he was shocked over his brother’s sudden demise and equally sudden return. A part of him, a really small part, was relieved, in a way that Peter was still alive. But another part of him was disappointed. Very disappointed in the fact that his brother was somehow a changed man. He could not put his finger on it yet. He was so disgusted at them both and couldn’t stand to be in their presence so he stormed off.

“Mate! Wait!” Peter yelled and he ran after Dan. In the process, he dropped his jacket and a bottle fell out of it. Amanda walked towards the fallen jacket and picked up both the jacket and the bottle. The label on the bottle stunned her into silence. She could not believe her eyes. ‘He lied’ was all she could think about. She sat on the sofa, looking at the bottle and saw that it was nearly half empty. She put it on the coffee table and sat down, waiting for Peter to come back. ‘He’d better have a good excuse for this one,’ she fumed.

Peter ran as hard as he could chasing after Dan. For a cop, he should’ve been able to catch up to his brother easily. Somehow, age and the pills were starting to catch up to him. When he finally caught up with his brother, he said,

“Dan, just wait. Let me explain.”

“What is there to explain, Pete? I saw everything with my own eyes. Even your own nephew who holds you in high esteem saw you making out with his mother!”

“Look, if you’ll only give me a chance to explain, you’ll see where I’m coming from.” Peter tried to be calm.

“Pete, you’ve lied to us more than enough times. You’ve hurt us all. Most importantly, you’ve hurt your own son. When you died, he was so upset. And, he was the only memory I had of you when you supposedly died.”

“I don’t get it. if you were so upset about my death, why are you even more angry at me being alive?”

“Because you lied! To all of us! How do you think mum and dad will take the news?”

“Wait, you haven’t told them?”

“How am I supposed to? Mom was distraught when you died and dad hardly ever spoke. They were both in too much shock. If I tell them that you’re actually alive, they’d both die of a heart attack!” Dan yelled at him.

“Do you think I wanted to lie? I wanted to tell you all so badly but I couldn’t. I know that I’ve screwed up and that if I wasn’t involved with Dennis Gillans, everyone would be living a happy life. Drew wouldn’t have been abducted. I wouldn’t have had to lie to you all. But, it’s my job, Dan. I thought you, at the very least would’ve understood.”

“You could’ve said something. Anything. Instead of having us all think that you’re dead!”

“Believe me, I tried.”

“Oh yeah, like as though it made the difference.”

“That’s not fair. I didn’t want to go into witness protection. If you heard what Tracey and I were discussing at the joint hens/bucks night party, you would’ve known that it was Murphy who was in a flap about wanting Clare and I to go into hiding. It was an order from my superiors. One that I could not refuse. And seeing as that I was injured anyway, I couldn’t say no.”

“Speaking of Tracey, what were you doing with her? And don’t you dare give me another of your lies, Pete!”

“With regards to Tracey, I cannot tell you.”

“If she’s alive that means Zoë McCallister must be alive. Why are you associating with the enemy?”

“Zoë’s dead. I can’t tell you what Tracey is doing here. I was sworn to secrecy. All I can say is that Tracey is not who you thought she was. If you would all just give us a chance to explain, then maybe you’ll understand.”

“You know what, Pete? I’m sick and tired of hearing all your lies. From now on, you stay away from me and my family. And that includes your son! Stay away from him until you can learn how to be a good father!” Dan finished and walked away, leaving Peter staring helplessly a second time. he was annoyed and frustrated at Dan but decided to just go back home and sleep and hope that tomorrow will be better.

When he got home, he saw Amanda sitting on the sofa. One look at her and he could tell she was annoyed.

“Before you yell at me, I’m sorry about Dan finding out. I tried to talk to him but he didn’t want to be associated with me.”

“Is that all you can think about?” Amanda asked.

“I’m sorry?”

“You know, ever since you got back, all you’ve been thinking about is yourself. You’ve never once thought about other people’s feelings.”

“You’ve never had a problem with this before, why the sudden change in attitude?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of this!” she said whilst taking the bottle of pills and shoving it in front of Peter’s face.

“Where did you get that? Who gave you permission to go through my stuff?” Peter asked angrily.

“I didn’t have to go through your stuff. It fell right out of your jacket pocket when you dropped it to go chasing after your brother!” Amanda countered back, which left him silent.

“You promised me that you weren’t going to take the stuff anymore. You said you were going to flush it down the toilet. Obviously you lied to me. How could you? After the chance I gave you?”

“This is none of your business, Amanda.”

“It is my business when it concerns me and my son. How dare you take drugs in this house? In my house?!?”

“It’s under control.”

“Yeah right. That bottle is half gone. How many have you taken today, Peter?”

“I don’t have to tell you. I’m going to bed.” And with that, he took the pills and his jacket and headed upstairs leaving Amanda to fume by herself.

When he walked away, Amanda was seething. She wanted to yell at him to come back down but she didn’t want to cause a scene in front of Ryan. So she let him go. When she heard the door slam, she sat down on the sofa and sobbed. She cried until she couldn’t cry anymore.

As soon as he shut the door to the bedroom, Peter let go the breath that he had been holding for a while there. ‘This is a nightmare,’ he thought to himself. Everything that could possibly go wrong in his life went wrong today. He sat on the bed, trying to calm himself down. He shut his eyes and took several deep breaths. Eventually, he managed to calm down. He brushed his hair with his hand several times whilst trying to think about all that had happened. He realized that he had been too harsh towards Amanda. He was grateful to her for being there for him when no one else was. And now, he had hurt her. She yelled at him because she was concerned for his well being. And he knew that he had been unreasonable. Thus, he got up, opened the door and headed downstairs. He saw Amanda sobbing on the sofa and went up to her. He tried to comfort her by wrapping her up in a hug and letting her cry on his shoulder.

Meanwhile, back at Tracey’s place:

The tears had finally stopped falling. Tracey felt lost. True, she was back in the Bay to make peace with the residents. But, another part of her was back because he was here. The time they spent together in witness protection had made her realize just how a wonderful man he was. a part of her had hoped that he cared for her as much as she cared for him. She realized that she was in love with him when he left to save his son. She was scared for him. Scared that he would die. The words that Peter had flung at her on the beach came back to her. She had never felt this dejected before. All she could think about was that he blamed her for everything. She couldn’t bear to see him this way. A part of her wished that she had just died. ‘At least that way, he would be happy.’ Tracey felt like her life was worth nothing. The man that she loved had rejected her. He blamed her for all of his troubles. ‘Maybe I should’ve died in that explosion’ Tracey thought to herself. ‘That way, everyone would’ve just been happy.’

She felt that life was not worth living anymore. She didn’t know what tomorrow would bring but she knew that if Peter rejected her, life was definitely not worth living. She resolved to turn up at the wharf tomorrow morning. His action would determine what she would do.

Preview: What does Tracey do?

Who starts to realise that Pete needs their help?

Wow another intriguing chapter of this fine fic.

Good to see Dan have some back bone and confront Peter about Amanda and the witness protection.

I hope that Tracey doesn't do anything too rash or hasty about Peter in that she'll live to regret it.

Keep up the wonderful work and look forward to another chapter soon.

Teaser:

Pete and Ryan was sitting on the beach making sand castles when Tracey walked towards them, Pete immediately spotted Tracey where he got up and walked towards her so Ryan would not hear anything, “Pete please can we talk?”

“Trace please let me explain, yesterday I went mad at you and I’m sorry for that, I guess with Dan or Drew not wanting to know me, I just took my anger out on you. I deserved the slap you gave me.”

Tracey just looked at Pete before she went weak at the knees.

Peter leaned in to give her a big hug.

Colleen was in a state of shock as she watched Pete hugging Zoe’s accomplice from a distance.

Colleen was in shock as she ran into the dinner, “She’s back” colleen yelled at the top of her voice, “What the heck is wrong with you woman” Alf groaned.

“She’s back!” she repeated.

“Who is back?” asked Tony as he sat her down on the chair.

“The detective, Tracey what ever her name is”

Everyone’s looked over at her in shock, “Where was she?” asked Tony.

“She, she was on the beach with detective Baker”

Tony looked over at Beth before running out of the Dinner

Thanks for the comments guys! :D

Next part[especially for Shannon because it's her birthday today]:

Pete was awoken to the noise of Ryan coming down the stairs. So, he lifted Amanda from his shoulder and placed her on the sofa. “Sshhh. Mummy is asleep.” said Pete as he took Ryan into the kitchen. “Uncle Pete, why were you and mum kissing last night?”

“It’s complicated. We will talk about it later,” said Pete as he quickly changed the subject.

Peter took out a notepad from the cupboard and he started to write: “Took Ryan out for breakfast. Love, Pete xxx. ”

Peter was heading towards the Diner with Ryan when he saw Dan walking towards them.

“Dad…” Ryan said happily as he ran towards his dad.

“You fancy going for breakfast?” Dan asked Ryan.

“I am going with Uncle Pete. Are you coming?”

Dan just gave Peter a stern look before saying, “No, mate. I have got to go somewhere, I just remembered.”

Dan let go of Ryan and walked away as he watched Pete walk further away with his son.

Pete was feeling terrible by the fact that Dan couldn’t even say hello. The pills were effecting his reactions and emotions towards other people. It was turning his love for Dan into hate. He and Ryan entered the dinner were they saw Leah looking over at them from the kitchen.

“Detective Baker, what can I get you?” asked Colleen cheerfully.

Peter and Ryan both ordered their food and made there way to a table. Colleen brought over their food just before she shouted, “Leah, I am on my break. I just have to speak to Madge.”

“Can we go to the beach?”

“Sure, mate.” replied Pete as he paid for the food. He gave Leah a sorry look, wanting her to return it with a smile but he knew that getting them to forgive him was not going to be easy.

Pete and Ryan were sitting on the beach making sand castles when Tracey walked towards them. Pete immediately spotted Tracey, got up and walked towards her so that Ryan would not hear anything.

“Pete, please can we talk?”

“Trace, please let me explain. Yesterday I went mad at you and I’m sorry for that. I guess with Dan or Drew not wanting to know me, I just took my anger out on you. I deserved the slap you gave me.”

Tracey just looked at Pete before she went weak at the knees. Peter leaned in to give her a big hug.

Colleen was in a state of shock as she watched Pete hugging Zoë’s accomplice from a distance.

Colleen was in shock as she ran into the Diner, yelling at the top of her lungs, “She’s back!”

“What the heck is wrong with you, woman?” Alf groaned.

“She’s back!” she repeated.

“Who is back?” asked Tony as he sat her down on the chair.

“The detective! Tracey what ever her name is!”

Everyone looked over at her in shock.

“Where was she?” asked Tony.

“She- she was on the beach with Detective Baker!”

Tony looked over at Beth before running out of the Diner.

Tony raced to the beach as he confronted Peter, shouting, “Peter!”

Pete looked up worried as he saw Tony racing towards him.

“What’s wrong?”

“You!” shouted Tony as he started to grab Pete by his shirt,

“Let go!” Peter said as he tried to force Tony away from him.

Peter managed to get Tony off and asked, “Tell me what’s wrong!”

“You and that Tracey! She put us through hell and now she is alive and you are comforting her!”

“Tony, it’s not like that!” Peter shot back at Tony who was getting even angrier.

“She could have killed your family and friends!”

“I’m not going to explain to you while you are like this!” Peter said going to sit back down.

Peter was itching to reach into his pocket to take a pill but he knew that it was impossible to do so with Tony standing over watching him. Dan and Alf walked behind Tony as they started to look down at Peter.

Tony got even more worked up and he was just about to throw a punch at Peter when Dan and Alf stopped him. “He is not worth it.” Dan said as he looked at Pete and took Ryan away with Tony and Alf.

Sally was walking to the Diner when she saw Dan, Tony and Alf walking towards her.

“Mr Stewart, what’s wrong?”

“Ask our local detective.” Dan said before Alf could answer.

Sally looked curiously towards Pete who was sitting alone on the beach. She slowly walked up to him. “Pete it’s Sal. Are you ok?”

“Sal, please don’t start. I’ve had it from everyone else.”

Next part: Will Sally yell at Peter? What happens with Peter and Tracey? Will the townspeople forgive Peter, knowing that he has been associating with the enemy?

Next part[especially for Shannon because it's her birthday today]:

Awwh! Shucks! :blush: And in the first update, Tracey :( *hugs Tracey* :wub:

Peter and Ryan both ordered their food and made there way to a table. Colleen brought over their food just before she shouted, “Leah, I am on my break. I just have to speak to Madge.”

lol. That totally cracked me up, our lil Colleen running to Madge :P

Awesome updates! Tony you better listen to Peter next time before having a period :angry:

Teaser:

“Pete, I need to know something.”

“What is it?”

“I need to know about last night. When I told you I love you.”

“Tracey, I don’t mean to say this but, things are very complicated right now. My whole life is a mess and I don’t even know what I want. Now is not the time for this, Trace. I need some time to sort out my life before I can even think about this.”

“It’s Amanda isn’t it? You really do love her, don’t you?”

“I- it’s complicated,” was all that he could say.

“I understand.” Tracey said.

“Trace….” Peter looked at her with sad eyes.

Archived