Hard Situations!

Guest Lilone

As soon as he saw her, he tensed up. Not because of what she had said to him last night but because of what he was going to tell her. he knew that it wasn’t going to be easy for her. He knew he would be asking too much of her and that she might not be ready for it. He kept his fingers crossed and answered,

“Hey. Glad you could come.”

“It’s fine. What’s on your mind?”

“They know, Trace. They know.”

“What do you mean, ‘they know’?”

“They know that you’re alive.”

“What? How? I made sure no one saw me. The only other person who saw me was Drew. And he didn’t know who I was until later on. Did he tell?”

“I don’t know, Trace. I really don’t. All I know is that Tony came after me just now for hugging you. So, at the moment, I am the town’s most hated person.”

“I just don’t get how he saw us.”

“Beats me. But that’s not the real reason as to why I asked you to meet me here.”

“Oh. So, what is the real reason why you wanted to talk to me?” Tracey was nervous. Her heart was beating so fast that she was afraid Peter could hear it.

“It’s about last night, Trace.” He said as he looked at her in the eye. He could tell that she was nervous. He took her hands in his and said,

“You remember how you told me that you were back in the Bay for the same reasons as I was?”

“Yeah. Where is this going, Pete?” Tracey asked. The moment that Peter had taken her hands into his, made her go weak at the knees. To say that she was stunned at what he said after that was an understatement. If Tracey wasn’t in love with him, she would’ve slapped him.

“Well, after Tony gave it to me, literally, I saw Sally. She heard me out and I told her everything. She then said that a town meeting was in order and told me to be at the surf club in an hour.”

“What does this have to do with me?”

“I told her about you. She said that the town meeting would allow us the opportunity to have our sides of the story heard. So that people can’t judge us anymore. I think it’s a good idea. I want you to come.”

“You can’t expect me to just appear there like that. Are you nuts?”

“You said that you wanted to make peace with the townspeople. What better way is there for you to do so, than by a town meeting?”

“Yes, I want to make peace with them but, it’s too soon, Pete. I just- I just don’t know if I am able to go through with it. I don’t know if I have the courage to face up to them after what I did.”

“Hey, we’ve discussed this heaps of time whilst we were in witness protection. The explosion was not your fault. It never was. And, besides, I’ll be there. I’ll back you up. You know that I will.”

“Yeah, I know you will.”

“And, besides, I need your support, Trace. I can’t do this alone.”

“I wonder what happened to that strong, determined man I knew a few months back.”

“That strong, determined man is gone. He left behind a different Peter Baker.”

When she heard him say that, Tracey looked at him. He did look different. He had lost so much weight and he looked positively haggard. That was the physical difference. The emotional and mental difference was what worried her the most and that pained her to no end. She knew that she had to ask him about them and what the future had in store for them.

“Pete, I need to know something.”

“What is it?”

“I need to know about last night. When I told you I love you.”

“Tracey, I don’t mean to say this but, things are very complicated right now. My whole life is a mess and I don’t even know what I want. Now is not the time for this, Trace. I need some time to sort out my life before I can even think about this.”

“It’s Amanda isn’t it? You really do love her, don’t you?”

“I- it’s complicated,” was all that he could say.

“I understand.” Tracey said.

“Trace….” Peter looked at her with sad eyes.

Peter had been thinking about the fact that Tracey was in love with him but he could not return those feelings. Now really was not the time for him to be thinking about it. He had other important things on his mind to think about and Tracey being in love with him was not really one of them. Yet, the look on Tracey’s face made him feel even worse than he was already feeling. He didn’t want to upset Tracey but he knew that he had to tell her the truth. True, he had feelings for Tracey before all of this happened yet as time passed, he realized that he loved her as a friend. It was either that or those pills were messing with his mind. He only hoped that he had not jeopardized his relationship with Tracey.

“It’s okay. I understand.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Completely.”

“So, will you still come?”

Tracey’s response was to sigh and stare into the ocean. She knew that Peter meant well but a part of her was still not ready to face the mob. She was afraid of the reaction that she would get. ‘Yet, if Peter was willing to go for it, then why shouldn’t I?’ Tracey thought to herself. She needed some closure. ‘What better way to do it than to face them all now and then get on with life?’ she mused. She could tell that Peter was desperate and that her answer depended on his actions. It made her smile seeing him looking all panicky. ‘Why not make him sweat it out a little?’ she thought with a twinkle in her eye.

Preview

Will Sally be able to persuade Pete to go through with the meeting?

Will Dan ever forgive Peter, will the town ever forgive him?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teaser

“We don’t want to know this. What we want to know why you were seen hugging Zoë’s accomplice?” shouted Irene from the back of the room.

“Tracey was not Zoë’s accomplice. Zoë had a gun to Tracey’s back at the reception. If she didn’t say what Zoë wanted her to say, she would have been blown to pieces.”

“That’s bull!” yelled Martha.

“I can assure every single one of you in this room that Tracey was just another one of her sick jokes to get to me.”

“He’s right.”

^ Why would Tracey want to listen to Martha? Do you mean Peter?

Here's the next bit:

Peter was agitated. Even with the pill that he had just taken, he was nervous and shaking. What he had said was the truth. He needed Tracey there to support him. He needed a friend who would believe his story. He knew that it would take the people a while to come round, but they would. Eventually. Granted, he knew that Tracey being there with him was a big ask but he knew that she had come seeking for forgiveness even though he personally thought that she had nothing to apologize for.

“Trace?”

“Hmmm?”

“What’s your decision?”

“Peter, I’d love to say yes, but, I’m not ready. I just wouldn’t know what to say to them.”

“What’s so hard about telling them that it wasn’t your fault?”

“I don’t know. I guess it’s just that-“

“It’s just what?” by now, Peter was getting impatient.

“It’s just that I know they’re not going to take it well.”

“You have a point there, Trace. But, regardless of whatever, I am going to sort this mess out once and for all. I am not going to force you. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.”

“Thank you.”

“What are friends for?” Peter said as he gave Tracey a hug. He released her and walked away from the wharf and from her and headed towards the surf club to face his fate.

Meanwhile, back at the Diner:

Tony was seething. He could not believe that Peter would stoop that low. A part of him wondered if Peter was in it all along. The fact that he didn’t tell the people about Zoë’s return until she made herself known was worth questioning in itself. There was much about Peter Baker that Tony Holden didn’t know apart from what people have said about him. He was about to start ranting about Peter again when Dan said,

“Listen mate; don’t waste your breath and your time on him. He’s not worth it.”

“I know he’s your brother and all, Dan but-“

“Seriously, at the moment, he’s not my brother. As far as I’m concerned, my brother, Peter Baker is dead. The person who says he is Peter Baker is only just a fake.

Everyone was shocked to hear that coming from Dan. None more so than Sally; who had just walked in at that very moment. Even Leah felt ashamed for her husband.

As Sally walked further towards everyone, she became even more nervous.

“Tony?” Sally called him as she interrupted his and Dan’s conversation.

Tony walked over to her and asked, “What did he have to say for himself?”

Sally knew deep down that what Peter Baker had just told her was the truth, after everything…. The stalker, Flynn dying, his return. She knew from just looking at him when he was telling the truth. The last conversation they had she knew that something was wrong with him, The Peter she knew before Zoë and his death was not the one she used to think would be able to cope through anything that came to him. After he saved her from the tyre factory she knew that the at least she could do was help him out when he needed her.

“Dan, I think you should listen to what I have to say….”

Dan looked over at them as he waited to hear what Sally was going to say,

“I have spoken to Peter. He has told me everything and he wants a chance to tell everyone the whole story. He is deeply sorry…”

Dan cut into the conversation and angrily said, “Sorry? He would not no the meaning of the word.”

At this point Colleen, Irene and Leah had joined in the conversation.

“I just can’t believe he was with that detective.” Colleen said

“Colleen, sometimes you know there are explanations to why things happen. But no! You jump to your own conclusion straightaway!” Sally shot back at her.

Dan was shocked more then everyone else. He knew that Sally was a good person and how she just shouted at Colleen was a surprise.

“Sal, what ever he has done I can’t just let him walk back in everyone’s life as though nothing has happened. First he returns from the dead. Drew was in a state of shock and still is. He gets it on with Amanda and now he has been seen with Tracey Thompson!”

Sally and Leah glared at him as Sally raised her voice and shouted:

“Dan, I thought you would be different. I thought you would realise that the brother you had 2 weeks before Jack and Martha’s wedding is not the same man we all know and love. But instead of rejoicing at the fact that he is alive, you blame him for something that was out of his control and let your pride get in the way!” as she walked out of the dinner and headed towards the beach.

As Sally was heading out of the Dinner, Leah raced after her,

“Sal, wait?”

Sally stopped and turned around to face Leah.

“Leah, all he wants is to let everyone know what the truth is. Dan is being a total idiot. He may be hurting but how does he think Pete feels?” Sally said.

“Sal, I have tried to get Dan to talk to him but I can’t get through to him. What can we do?”

“Pete wants to tell the whole town the real truth. At the surf club in about 30 minutes.”

“Ok, everyone will be there.” Leah said as she hugged Sally before going back into the dinner and telling them about the surf club.

Preview: Who helps Peter out when it’s most needed?

Enjoy :D

Teaser:

“Yeah, you’re right. Thanks, Sal.”

“Don’t thank me. Thank Tracey. If she didn’t come in at the right time, things would’ve been different. Anyway, I have to go now. I’ll see you both around.”

“Thanks heaps, Trace.” Peter said and headed straight towards the exit without glancing back at Tracey.

Can I slap Colleen? <_<

Lol... Sure. :P

Teaser:

Twenty five minutes had passed and Pete was still looking into the sea, thinking in his head what he was going to tell everyone. He knew that what ever that would come out of his mouth would be the truth. The only time when the truth was needed the most, he was going to tell them the truth.

Enjoy!

Next part:

Sally walked on to the beach and saw Peter sitting there staring into space. She walked towards him and said,

“Pete?”

Peter turned and gave Sally a warm smile and stood up the moment he saw her heading in his direction. When he came, he motioned for her to sit with him.

Sally and Pete sat on the beach just looking into the water. Sally, unbeknownst to Peter, watched him fidget and look at his watch every five seconds, waiting for the 30 minutes to be over.

“Everything will be ok. I will be there for you every step of the way.” sally said as she placed her hand on Pete’s shoulder.

Twenty five minutes had passed and Pete was still looking into the sea, thinking in his head what he was going to tell everyone. He knew that what ever that would come out of his mouth would be the truth. The only time when the truth was needed the most, he was going to tell them the truth.

“We better go.” Sally said as she got up and smiled at Pete who smiled back at her.

Pete and Sally headed towards the Surf Club, “I don’t think I can do this.” Peter said as he stopped just before the Surf Club entrance.

He turned around to face Sally who said, “Pete, you can do this.”

“I can’t!” he said as he started to walk to the back of the Surf Club.

Sally grabbed his arm and said, “You have to Pete. This is not going to go away. If you do not go in there now, they will never listen to what you have to say.”

Pete looked at Sally and said, “Thank you.”

Sally hugged Pete as she whispered in his ear, “You will get through this and your addiction.”

Pete quickly stepped back and just looked shocked that she knew about his pills but he didn’t care anymore. He just wanted to get better.

Pete smiled warmly at Sally before slowly entering the Surf club.

As they walked into the room, it went quiet and Peter could feel the tension in the room. Sally walked up to the front and sat on one of the two chairs at the front. Pete sat next to her as he looked at everyone’s faces.

“Sorry, Sal, but we were kind of expecting someone else to be sitting in that chair.” Drew shouted from the back of the room.

Everyone agreed with what Drew had just said and were waiting for answers.

“Ok, please will everyone just calm down and let Pete explain?” Sally said as she tried to reason with everyone. Pete stood up from his seat as he began to explain…

“Well, the first thing I want to tell you is the truth.”

“You could never tell the truth!” Dan yelled from the back of the room.

“As I was saying: At Jack and Martha’s wedding I was seriously injured. I was unconscious. At the hospital I was given a drug to put me into an induced coma. I had no choice or say in the matter. People were going to put me in hiding no matter how they did it. Everyone was told I was dead. When I eventually woke up I went mad at them saying they couldn’t do this to me. But it was done. I was dead to everyone and that’s how it was going to stay….”

“We don’t want to know this. What we want to know why you were seen hugging Zoë’s accomplice?” shouted Irene from the back of the room.

“Tracey was not Zoë’s accomplice. Zoë had a gun to Tracey’s back at the reception. If she didn’t say what Zoë wanted her to say, she would have been blown to pieces.”

“That’s bull!” yelled Martha.

“I can assure every single one of you in this room that Tracey was just another one of her sick jokes to get to me.”

“He’s right.”

Preview: Who is right?

What shocking confessions bring the entire town’s people questions to an end?

Archived